SAU Community

33 Gtst Street To Track Build

The last of my adjustable arms showed up today,I went for the just jap front upper control arms.

frontcamberarms_zps5771e9a0.jpg

I will get an alignment once i fit them all i'm thinking of going neg 1.5 degrees front camber and positive 7 degrees castor and rear neg 1 degree camber

I think that will be good enough to run on track and not increase Tyre wear too much on the street.

• 1 month later...

My 356mm 8pot d2 brake kit from the group buy got delivered this week, for a big brake kit they are surprisingly light and are very well made.

brakes1_zpsf6a8a830.jpg

and for the rear i went for dba 4000 series rotors with the QFM A1rm pads and gktech braided lines.

brakes5_zps81b07e04.jpg

I finally had a bit of time on friday arvo and got to fitting it all.

brakes2_zps10cbfe17.jpg

brakes3_zps3846a0ec.jpg

brakes4_zpse39c7846.jpg

A few other things were delivered aswell this week. it felt like Christmas with all the boxes of parts building up.

i got a kaaz 1.5way diff which will be a lot better then my standard diff which has opened up. I just need to find somewhere that can install in any housing for me. if anyone knows someone around the newcastle, maitland area who the would recommend let me know.

diff1_zps7d886645.jpg

Gktech adjustable rear traction arms which i will helpfully put in soon with the rest of my adjustable arms when i get some time away from work and tafe again.

gktecharms2_zps4b64bf62.jpg

yeah it should turn out pretty fun, hopefully it will anyway

just a small update i purchased a hi octane racing pod filter enclosure hopefully this will keep some of the heat out of the intake.

airbox_zps81167220.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i booked in for a track day at wakefield this thursday so i got stuck into fitting the rest of my parts and changed all the fluids.

i put in all my adjustable suspension arms

castorarminstall_zpsa6a6727d.jpg

uppercontrolarminstall_zps4d446eb1.jpg

reararmsinstall_zpse2108ac1.jpg

and the brake master cylinder stopper

brakestopper_zpsd10a4e98.jpg

Didn't come say hi but you were out with my other half at the track

Was weird two skylines that were similar didn't know which to watch as they sort of look the same from a distance

yeah my mates who were in the other sessions took photos of her going around thinking it was me. she was so much faster then me

I was the one who spent most of my time off the track though. i found out i have more balls then skill haha

yeah its had pretty well all the basics done and its where i want it for now just need new tires as they were letting me down and i found out after the track day they were made 10 05 so well past there use by date.

So its time for some nitto nt05's before i head to the track next.

Nice build thread :)

Any plan to put bigger calipers on the rear?

Any other suspension work that you're going to do?

No plan to go any bigger as of yet. i will have to really put the to the test next time i hit the track with better tires but i did find the fronts wanted to lock up more so then the rear.

i had to keep swapping wheels from front to back so i could wear the flat spots out.

Not anything else i have planned really for it suspension wise. Unless you or anyone else has some suggestions i could look into

I like what you've done with your build. It's similar to the path I'm following, getting the car as reliable as possible, will then look at handling and then power last!

Yeah i reckon its the best way to go the more reliable it is the more chance you get to enjoy it

Hey mate, nice build up. No expense spared on your parts hey haha, looks the goods on the 34 wheels! Im also from maitland, cant say ive ever seen your car getting about tho.

Thanks mate i really like the look of them aswell. I don't drive it around that much im trying to get it out more often though

• 6 months later...

So not much has been happening with the car lately with trying to save to get to Europe at the end of the year.

but i managed to get enough money together to get some new tyres.

i wanted something that didnt wear to fast on the street and still go sorta alright on the track so

i got the nitto nt05 in a 245/40

20131105_154954_zps37159665.jpg

Awesome man :) Apparently Pete isn't working up at Bridgestone at Greenhills anymore, so no more awesome wheel alignments from him. :(

Really fark I was gunna ring up tommorrow and book in.

Where has he gone too?

I have those tie rods that have being sitting in my shed for ages im gunna put in this weekend

If you wanna come round this friday arvo or saturday.

• 5 weeks later...