SAU Community

33 Gtst Street To Track Build

I havnt really driven on any other decent tyres so i dont have anything to compare them too. i would love to get some ad08rs eventually when i get a few track days under my belt and can drive the car better, i doubt these would be anywhere near as good as them.

My spring rates are F 9 / R 7 kg/mm. Yeah i have seen the times he has done he is real fast.

So after my last track day i found i bent one of my tie rods so i bought a set of kts hardened tie rods with built in 6mm rack spacers they should handle the hard time i give car until the next weak link breaks.

tierods_zps9432d85f.jpg

After fitting them i found one of the boots on the rod ends was split aswell so i have ordered a set to replace them hopefully they show up before friday so i can put them on before i go in for to have my tyres fitted and an alignment done.

tierodsinstall_zpse4d4771e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got a 15 row oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit from just jap to keep the car more reliable without anything going horrible wrong with temperature rapidly rising

So hopefully i can get to as many track days as i can without any major issues.

It seems to be of pretty good quality for the price compared to other kits on the market, i guess time will tell though.

oilcooler_zps476febcf.jpg

I got a fenix 42mm core race series radiator, really impressed with quality of it. I was able to keep the standard shroud with it aswell so that was a bonus

radiator_zps333e5435.jpg

The heater core sprung a leak through the week so made for a perfect time to get the radiator in and hook some heater hose up so the heater core is bypassed untill i can find a new one.

The radiator in and looking all shiny.

radiin_zpscde982d1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got some more goodies from gktech.

The rear end of the car feels kinda sloppy and not firm enough for me so i got subframe slip in collars to replace the whiteline pineapples in there already. The guys at Heasmans steering, at the sau nsw tech night held there awhile back said the rear subframe geometry wasnt to bad in the 33/34 chassis, so i doubt i will ever adjust it now, i thought i would just lock it up as firm as i can. I got solid diff bushes as well they may or may not help with the firmness i want but they were at a good price so i thought i may aswell get them too.

gktechparts2_zpsb4175ebb.jpg

• 2 months later...

A bit of an update since i bought a new daily i could get a bit down to it since i didnt need it full time it could be of the road for a bit.

I pulled the diff put and finally got the kaaz 1.5way center fitted. it changed the car completely the rear end grip powering out of corners improved heaps and so much more predictable.

Also put the alloy subframe collars in, fixed up the stuffed tacho adn fitted the gktech steering wheel with a hkb boss kit. the only issue with it being a smaller wheel it blocks my view from seeing the top of my speedo so takes a bit of moving my head around to see what speed im going.

Im looking at getting a sparco pro2000 seat next so hopefully i can sit that lower then the standard seat and be able to have a good view of the dash again

20140504_134135_zps5287daa2.jpg

Nice build mate. following this one. im building a 33 aswell but going to be much slower as to yours.

Have you done any track days with the 42mm alloy radiator do better than stock. any problems? hows the relocation kit gone got pics of it installed.?

Nice build mate. following this one. im building a 33 aswell but going to be much slower as to yours.

Have you done any track days with the 42mm alloy radiator do better than stock. any problems? hows the relocation kit gone got pics of it installed.?

Thanks mate.

I haven't been back to the track since I have put it in but i should hopefully get there in the next few months. No issues at all with the radiator its really well made and fits in well.

I have started mounting the oil cooler i will hopefully have it finished this weekend if i have time and i will post up some pics then

Very nice, quality parts as always! Have you got a link to that oil cooler and filter relocation kit? Also I've got a good condition heater core for sale, PM me if you want it.

• 3 months later...

its been awhile since anything has happened with the car but i bought a sparco pro2000 and bride rx rails to mount it on,

i also got a 4 point sabelt harness and a harness bar which i will just put in for track days

sparco2_zps4c939d68.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cheers mate.

I got a nismo style front lip had a bit of damaged on the front left and on the top on the right when it got delivered as i left a note to say it could be dropped off with me signing for it. but ohwell at least i got to learn how to do fiberglass repairs.

frontlip_zps358d19ea.jpg

and around the lights had to be cut back fiber-glassed up again and bogged up on each of the bottom corners as when the lip was fitted you could put the front foglights and indicators in.

frontliprepair1_zps930135e1.jpg

but i got there eventually l painted it all and fit it up

frontlipfitted2_zpsba7b930f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got myself some gauges so i can keep an eye on some of the vitals Oil pressure, oil temp and water temp. Im not sure sure where im going to mount them yet, as i want to put them somewhere were it looks like it could have come there from factory or at least not stand out too much where it will attract any unwanted attention but still be easily seen from the drivers seat. If anyone has some ideas it would be appreciated.

gauges_zps4054ad22.jpg

Top hose i got from gktech which has an opening to accept the water temp sensor.

tophosegauge_zpsd9b50bf5.jpg

its been awhile since anything has happened with the car but i bought a sparco pro2000 and bride rx rails to mount it on,

i also got a 4 point sabelt harness and a harness bar which i will just put in for track days

sparco2_zps4c939d68.png

Nice looking seat! If only they made them for fat basterds like me :P

Nice looking seat! If only they made them for fat basterds like me :P

cheers they are a good looking seat makes it look fast even though its not quick.

They do have a couple of sizes in the pro2000 plus range. Everyone enjoys a tight fit though lol

cheers they are a good looking seat makes it look fast even though its not quick.

They do have a couple of sizes in the pro2000 plus range. Everyone enjoys a tight fit though lol

:O:banana: lol

Where did you source it?