SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

As i'm sure many of you are aware, i will soon be the proud owner of an R33 Series II. I live in the Tuggeranong area and was wondering where i should go to get my car serviced, who is recommended and more importantly who to keep away from. I heard the mechanic at EVO motorsport is pretty good, does anyone here use him?

Thanks in advance.

Ed at Tez Automotive in Mawson, tell him Nik sent you and he should look after you :D

definite No to Evo

Agree with Amaru ALL the way -definite YES to Tez - I had my baby there today for some work - I have NOTHING but praise for these guys. They know Skylines and love 'em....when you tell Ed that Nik (Amaru) sent you also tell them that Debbie with the white Skyline said to go there as well....

I work with a guy that owns a twin turbo Supra - he now goes to Ed as well and loves the place......

--and if you have to wait for 15 mins while they do something, walk about three doors up and have a coffee and cake at the little Cafe (forget the name of the place)

:):P:)

does any one use f&f imports? i got my last one serviced there by dave(champion) so i fugured i'd just get my line done there aswell

I've had a few services done there. I have no complaints so far. I wouldn't buy any major replacement parts from them though, the quote they gave me for and exhaust wasn't great. They do seem reasonably professional though.

hey guys....before i moved to QLD i used to get my R33 serviced by tez automotive in garren....the guy that used to do it has now gone out on his own business and his name is joe fister....i have always been happy with the quality of work from joe and has sonce become a really good friend too.....he works from his home as a mobile mechanic from monash give him a call and say that Jeremy sent you to him......since he has known me he pretty much works on imports now anfd he loves them.....his number is 0405313978....he will more than look after you and can even come to you

Jeremy

P.S oh yeah.....a DEFFINATE NONO to evo, fast and the furious (if he is still there) these guys are absolute sharks and will rip you hard if they know can get away with it

polishstorm> thanks for the info, will keep that one in mind. I went to F&F imports when originally scoping out what cars were around. One car on the lot was missing an air conditioning unit from the dash if i remember correctly, as well as the stereo. $24K.... :rant:

For those interested, Ed left Tez in Mawson the other day and is now working out at Integra Automotive in Queanbeyan. Its the workshop at the Ampol service station on Lanyon Drive, so anyone that has used him before and knows how good he is, and anyone needing any mechanical work, go out and support him :)

For those interested, Ed left Tez in Mawson the other day and is now working out at Integra Automotive in Queanbeyan. Its the workshop at the Ampol service station on Lanyon Drive, so anyone that has used him before and knows how good he is, and anyone needing any mechanical work, go out and support him :D

Now that is goss!!!

He wasn't there the other day when I took my car in.... The other guys did good work though....

Should this page be sticky-ed, might help those that need to know....................

Sticky'd

Good thead.

You can also try Southern Automotive in Tuggeranong, Pete there has worked on both my cars, and i am more than happy with him.

hey guys....before i moved to QLD i used to get my R33 serviced by tez automotive in garren....the guy that used to do it has now gone out on his own business and his name is joe fister....i have always been happy with the quality of work from joe and has sonce become a really good friend too.....he works from his home as a mobile mechanic from monash give him a call and say that Jeremy sent you to him......since he has known me he pretty much works on imports now anfd he loves them.....his number is 0405313978....he will more than look after you and can even come to you

Jeremy

P.S oh yeah.....a DEFFINATE NONO to evo, fast and the furious (if he is still there) these guys are absolute sharks and will rip you hard if they know can get away with it

Rang Joe and here's an update. He is about to start working out of the Mobil servo at the Garran shops. I'm booked in for Monday.

Cheers

Muz

thanks for the update muz....joe was talkin bout movin back to mobil when i was down there a few weeks ago but hadnt finalised anything with charlie yet (owner/mechanic at garren) and its great to see him becomin quite well known to the import crowd. as you can see i have nothin for praise for Joe and no one will be dissappointed with the service he give his clients, he just goes out of his way to get the job done right and fairly....wish i could find a mechanic here in bris that was like him

jeremy