SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

good to hear you got it sorted easily and most importantly cheaply

Many thanks - definitely the place to go people - the owner has a Skyline - his and mine could be twins---!!! I ended up staying out there for almost an hour - we got chatting (as you do with another Skyline owner). He has this plastic clean stuff in a tube - got in from Just Jap he said. Anyway he cleaned my headlights and they came up a TREAT. All that yellow milky yuk that gets over them is goooonnnnee

;):)

• 2 weeks later...

I had some work done by Canberra Motor Works. Cost nearly twice as much as originally quoted, twice as much as another quote, three times longer to do than they said (done lots of these mate), and they only charge $90 an hour for the 19 year old. Included strategic application of body scratches and the deliberate defacing of original underbonnet decals. Apparently I wanted that done for $90 an hour. Oh and a bad photocopy of an owner's manual for only $20.

Quality work at unrealistic prices. Can't recommend them more lowly.

Figured it's worth posting, the NRMA 24 Hour Battery guy showed up today nice and early. Wasn't the most talkative guy but he was very quick. Tested my original battery which was dead, and managed to take it out and put the new one in without removing my rear strut bar so i'm pretty happy about that. The replacement battery was $109 and comes with a 2 year warranty.

I had some work done by Canberra Motor Works. Cost nearly twice as much as originally quoted, twice as much as another quote, three times longer to do than they said (done lots of these mate), and they only charge $90 an hour for the 19 year old.  Included strategic application of body scratches and the deliberate defacing of original underbonnet decals. Apparently I wanted that done for $90 an hour. Oh and a bad photocopy of an owner's manual for only $20.

Quality work at unrealistic prices. Can't recommend them more lowly.

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW - thats terrible

Jaysus - you should've written 'em a REAL nasty letter after that and put a very visible CC: on it to Fair Trading and some sort of Automotive Association (like NRMA) and the ACT Ombudsman as well... Don't get mad - get even!!! ;):rofl:

Just had my R34 serviced for the big run back to Cairns.  Had it serviced by Joe Fister at the Mobil Servo at Garran.  I have nothing but praise for the guy.  Only required a basic service this time round but he is a Skyline fanatic.  Many thanks to Jeremy for the recommendation.  Motul 4100 Turbo light in the engine, Redline in the gearbox and Motul 300 in the diff.  All good I say.

Cheers

Muz

Agreed!! :rofl:

I got brake pads, the discs machined, oil & filter change, gearbox oil change, new spark plugs...plus the usual check over of everything... they also fixed my mis-firing i was getting at high revs.

very nice guys (Joe and Charlie), very helpful..and Joe loves his skylines!! ;) I'll be going back for sure....and not just because Joe promised me a ride in the other wine red R33 they had there that has apparently had some serious $$ spent hehe :)

that otherwine red R33 is his friends jason's and it has had some $$$$ spent on it.....when i was down in canberra we were getting them worked on togerther and my only retriction was the $$$ so ultimately he won when it came to power but i won when it came to driving skills HAHAHAHAHA

Jeremy

Figured it's worth posting, the NRMA 24 Hour Battery guy showed up today nice and early. Wasn't the most talkative guy but he was very quick. Tested my original battery which was dead, and managed to take it out and put the new one in without removing my rear strut bar so i'm pretty happy about that. The replacement battery was $109 and comes with a 2 year warranty.

$109 is good, i take it that you went for the base model battery? i think they have the best one for like $149 or something.

i think i might have to get mine checked, alot of the time in the last few months the car seems to have no charge and barely starts!? the other wierd thing is that my parkers always stay on while the car is on. and my dashlights too, i think i must have cross-wired something when i installed my high mount brake light.

i don't think it was the base battery... i dunno... the guy knew his stuff and we haven't had a problem with it yet.

On another note i had my alarm completely installed today. My dad had taken it down at 8 in the morning on Friday, and by 4 they were still working on it, asked him to bring it back at 8 on saturday morning...apparently there was only an hours work left but it turned out to be about 3... anyways, got the car back and the alarm is fantastic. Not a problem yet.

Very quality installation and all-round nice guys to deal with. Can't see any scratches or marks on the car and the section of dash that had to be cut is neat and clean.

If you need any auto-electrical work done then definately see the guys at the Tuggers auto eletrician down near the Wollworths servo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm looking at getting a FMIC for my R32 but can't seem to find any kits.

Anyone know who stocks them in ACT or Sydney?

Also anyone done this sort of work before?

Do you need to cut any metal, I had friends who have installed FMIC's themselves on 200SX and they needed to cut holes near the battery....ect

Also if anyone knows how much the kits might cost?

Don't know about ACT but Advan in sydney would probably have a couple of Jap brands in stock. Give em a call - could be looking at up to $2000 for a jap kit with all piping! People have recommended Nengun for good deals and quick delivery from Japan. I read that someone got a HKS type s kit for r32 gtr for less than $1500 through them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I need to get my gearbox rebuilt.

I just want it to change gear smoother, when I change gear into 2nd i feel all the cogs moving so I have to force it in not nice to cruise around, also going into 3rd I have to got to the middle of the H pattern box then into 3rd so I have to wait about 1/2 a second before, now I've driven other cars and they change alot smoother than mine.

I have changed the oil and replaced it with redline but still no good.

I wonder if anyone knows where I can get it rebuilt, I don't want to pay heaps either, but then gain who does :)

Any suggestions from people who have had this work done before would be appreciated.

Cheers Adam

Agreed!! :)  

I got brake pads, the discs machined, oil & filter change, gearbox oil change, new spark plugs...plus the usual check over of everything... they also fixed my mis-firing i was getting at high revs.

very nice guys (Joe and Charlie), very helpful..and Joe loves his skylines!! ;) I'll be going back for sure....and not just because Joe promised me a ride in the other wine red R33 they had there that has apparently had some serious $$ spent hehe ;)

Finally got to ride shotgun in their wine red line!

Still can't get the grin off my face - :wassup: !

That is one powerful car.

Should prolly post back that my dad saw Ed at intergra autmotive and he had a look over the car. He sure knows his stuff! My car had an afermarket speedo (NISMO) put on at about 40,000 kilometres which made the reading start at zero again. Anyways, it's showing 28,000. Took the car to Ed, he had one look over it not knowing the deal with the odometre and told us that it definately hadn't done 28,000 but closer to 70,000 which was spot on.

A few things were dont to my car, to the tune of $1300... although i can't say i was surprised as the car had been sitting around for over a year unused not including the time it spent in Japan.

To cut it all short, haven't had a problem since and the car is running better for it, more responsive then it was before.