SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

I thought of taking it to them - was just wondering whether they would be okay with something like the central locking and alarm etc???????????

Sounds more like a job for an auto electricion. Theres a good bloke in Fyshwick at "Car Care Centre", 3/71 Tennant St. Gave me a hand when my #^$# immobiliser was playing up.

Central locking on the 'line is gooonnne....

The alarm is working okay but I have to use key to actually lock the car.... Any clues people on where I could take it to get fixed?

Cheers and thanks as always....

If it is still under warranty take it back to where you got it installed, they should fix it for free. Else, definate auto elect. job. Tuggers auto elect. are pretty good.

sounds like ur central locking is stuffed, i would take it anywhere that installs alarms (esp BDL fyshwick) and have a new central locking system put in. bout $50-$80 per door.

or even just call BDL tell them the symptoms and they may just tell you to go see an auto elec, but my guess is they can fix it easily themselves

sounds like ur central locking is stuffed, i would take it anywhere that installs alarms (esp BDL fyshwick) and have a new central locking system put in. bout $50-$80 per door.

or even just call BDL tell them the symptoms and they may just tell you to go see an auto elec, but my guess is they can fix it easily themselves

thanks to everyone who replied - I will call BDL and see what they have to say...

I work at Symonston so it is a little difficult for me to take car out to Tuggers - :mad: Fyshwick is a better option for me - or even Belco area where I live.....

Alarm was fitted well before I bought the car - I don't have any paperwork for it so have no idea about warranty etc.....

I will let you know how what happens and how much it cost.... Good to keep that sort of info here on this thread - proves really useful!!!!

:P:P:)

thanks to BDL - all fixed - yep the central locking motor was stuffed!! Driver's door only affected.....Cost $80 - I was so pleased.....

Guy that worked on it said that whoever installed the alarm left a right mess - wires and s... everywhere... (It was done before I bought the car)

Looks like Veilside spotted the car while at BDL... How embarassing - filthy dirty - but today it is a NEW car - hours spent polishing and preening on Saturday.......

Can thoughly recommend BDL - very polite, helpful etc

:jump: :jump:

thanks to BDL - all fixed - yep the central locking motor was stuffed!! Driver's door only affected.....Cost  $80 - I was so pleased.....

Guy that worked on it said that whoever installed the alarm left a right mess - wires and s... everywhere... (It was done before I bought the car)

Looks like Veilside spotted the car while at BDL... How embarassing - filthy dirty - but today it is a NEW car  - hours spent polishing and preening on Saturday.......

Can thoughly recommend BDL - very polite, helpful etc

:jump:  :jump:

those jumpy things get rlly trippy after about 10 seconds

hey i was right!!! i said $50-$80 and that BDL would look after you, (gives self pat on the back)

yeah they said it was pretty messed up and all over the place, but wasnt hard to fix, i like your rims too by the way.

im booked in with them next tuesday cause my alarm is playing up, but its all under warranty so it wont cost me anything. had a chat to them aswell about getting some more focals put in and couple subs, but i'll wait for their sale.

also wanted to give a big thuimbs up to mick the owner of everlast in Fyshwick, car was fixed and back on the road in under 48hours. he was extremely proffesional and helpfull and didnt charge me labour to fit the battery and a few other small things as he knew i was strapped for funds.

he has also said he will fix the crack in my bar caused by the tow truck, and then went onto say he would also fix a few other little cracks and chips for me, although he has no obligation too. i am paying to have it resprayed ($200)but he is going to take it over to J-Racing for me to save me the extra trip.

very proffesional service and honestly wanted to do everything he could for me to make sure i was happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Grrrr -

Has anyone out there ever used one of those 'dent fix-it' type places, and if so who? :confused:

A car door was opened onto my passenger side, right on the crease. My 'line has a small dent and scratch, just slightly smaller than a five cent piece, but it looks really ugly.

Not happy Jan as apart from a couple of stone chips on bonnet this is the only mark on the entire body!!

:uhh: :uhh:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Im new to the Line scene.

Bought a burgundy 33 on saturday. I was booked into EVO for tomorrow to have an SAFC fitted, dynotuned and rego inspected.

But from the sounds of what you all are saying i shouldnt take it in.

Where can i go locally to purchase an SAFC and have it dyno tuned and rego inspected.

Thanks guys!

Oh, and I have waved to a few lines around town!

Paul

hi noony, welcome along! my line is in evo right now getting safc and boost controller put in, i have always taken her to evo and have no complaints about the work they do there, not to mention the good deals i get....dont know why people are complaining about them, but as i said, no complaints from me!

Good to hear something positive about evo for a change. Around a year ago they robbed me blind and f*cked me over so thats where my bad experiance comes from.

I get everything done by Ed at Integra Automotive. Hes recently bought alot of equipment to help him with tuning, and can do either road tunes or dyno tunes and is doing very good jobs for me and alot of other skyline owners. He has good experiance with Power FC's and their air/fuel mapping is similar to the AFC so I dont think itd be too much of a problem for him.