SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your V-Series Today?

Hey guys,

this is a thread to share updates on mods and work you've been doing on your V-Series.

I'll kick it off.

Fitted a BlackVue DR400G-HD2 Camera to my car - living in Melbourne I've had 3 cars vandalised in the past 10 years. Using motion sensors, this camera will record video activity sequences that go on around my car when it's parked. It also records video and audio when you're driving, including speed and exact GPS location - both features which would come very much in hand if you have to file or dispute an insurance claim. Coupled to an alarm and immobiliser, it just helps me sleep at night a little easier :thumbsup:

http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

84370925_1_644x461_videoregistrator-blackvue-dr400g-hd-ii-versiya-2-16gb-novyy-sankt-peterburg.jpg

gshack_BlackVue_Install-021-620x250.jpg

That's really cool, great idea.

Well for me, not so much what i've done today but what i am doing on the weekend is an oil change and brake fluid change. Then hopefully in 2-3 weeks time i'll be purchasing my new CD009 gearbox clutch & flywheel and i'm pretty damn excited for that!

This week.

k'n'n drop in's

Removed nissan badge from the boot.

Professional detail and polish removing tar and metal flakes and leather treatment.

Tinting and 4 new goodyear directional 5's

Target now is to get the cart paid of then full stainless invidea exhaust and kinetix cats.

I pumped up my front left Tyre!

Well, not to amazing, however I only knew the front ,left was low because a few weeks ago i "installed" a tyredog remote pressure sensors. I bought it on eBay, and wish I had had it a few months earlier. I lost pressure in my front right, and didn't realise till a few KM's later. Enough to put a big dent in the rim, basically forcing me to get new rims (expensive). If anyone was hesitating about getting this, I would say go-ahead. Its a simple "install", you simply put on these special valve caps put a battery in and your away. It was interesting to see that the Tyredog was showing 27psi and the digital pump at the station also said 27psi.

bought a VLSD out of a 350Z to replace the 3.3 open in my 250GT, having it shimmed and installed maybe get a nismo finned diff housing.. getting a transmission fluid change, engine oil and filter change and having the brakes adjusted.

I replaced my engine oil last night, so difficult when my car is low as f*ck had to drive the car up on bits of wood to fit the jack in..

Still need to change the filter, i didn't end up finishing the change until about 7:30 last night and i was tired as f*ck so i thought i'd do it next oil change.

Is it normal for my car to use 1L of engine oil in about 7,000km?

Yeh , Sean I'd go grab a set of those $100 ramps from Repco, the ones with the lowered car extensions - the standard ones are useless for a lowered car.

Safety first, bro. I have done some stupid sh1t working under cars in the past, and been very lucky a couple of times.

I don't take risks anymore after a friend of mine's husband had his car fall on him in his garage - she didn't find him for a couple of hours - but they are pretty confident he was killed instantly.

I'll add it to the wish list Mat, I had the front of the car on chassis stands so i don't believe it was very risky but i do understand what you are saying. I do get nervous every now and then about that sort of shit happening.

That's horrible to hear, i can't imagine that sight.

But in response to my question before, i have used just over 1L of oil in around 7,000km.. i have heard some of the motors in the states were recalled for bad oil consumption. Is this something to worry about?

Edited by Seano350GT

Because i had a big day yesterday i was buggered, changed the oil and couldn't be bothered f*cking around trying to take the filter off because of it's position and the sump cover in the way so i put it in the too hard basket until probably this weekend.

Nice nuts Mat.

Sean, we give to strife because we can.

I get the car on ramps, take off cover, move tray under sump, remove plug, try to catch plug, remove filter and go have a smoke. That usually does it. :)