SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your V-Series Today?

Let see.

Iconic Dynamic Emblemless Grill (Satan Black) / Debadged trunk / Side indicators (Black) / Aftermarket Halo Headlights (Black) / Varrstoen 2.2.2 (TE37 reps) (Matt Black) / Gloss Black Roof (Plasti Dip) / Painted Calipers (Silver) & break hubs (Satan Black) / Gialla front lip (to be installed) / JDM rear pods / Motordyne 5/16 Plenum / OEM Z-tube / OEM Rev-up Airbox / K&N panel filter / Tanabe Touring Medallion Exhaust (Cat back).

Seems you had a busy day, Tyler?!

:-P

Really ?

Someone said that if the chassis code has a D for the 17th letter it has a vlsd but if a dash it's open

Haven't jacked it up to check though

Pretty much the plan, the exhaust looks from the extractor s back but again not 100% going to see if I can fit a varex or atheist a mid muffler without hacking up the exhaust too much

South west Sydney

If it has brembos it has an brembos/leather it has a VLSD. Same with the 350Z, im doing the same to my sedan. All sedans got graced with open diffs. I got mine $490 posted from SA. Some guys in the USA have even put a G37 VLSD and it has a higher ration again than the V35 one

Did a fair bit of stuff today ... took some pics as well as its dull in this thread :P

Yesterday changed the rego over and put my plates on it.

Ordered a OEM style badgeless grill from 'merica

Today did a bit of maintenance/tidy up /automotive archeology

Basic oil change to start

20121222_111828.jpg

This was wrapped up in bubble wrap with some doge wiring. Looks like it was to convert the parkers to indicators. but not sure. Ripped it out anyway

20121222_104051.jpg

Not sure if stock plenum?

20121222_103637.jpg

Did what you do to any new neatish car... tore it apart :lol:

20121222_142804.jpg

The reason why was the headlight looked like this with the usual oxidation/ cloudiness

20121222_095149.jpg

20121222_095200.jpg

So wanted to do a headlight resto but didn't trust myself doing it on the car, but have to take half the front end off to get the lights out.

Anyway this the after. Not perfect, still some scratches/ light cracks ion inside but still way better

20121222_165421.jpg

20121222_165416.jpg

Also found out that the indicators that were super dark werent sprayed just covered in 2 layers of vinyl tint.

SDo ripped it off

20121222_114015.jpg

Before and after

20121222_114118.jpg

The car had these big trim clips in the front bar when I bought it

20121222_125911.jpg

That were just filling these massive holes which I assume was for the JDM plate holder

20121222_125927.jpg

So bought some more flush plugs and gave them a hit of random silver, not perfect but a lot neater

Any idea if there is ment to be a cover for the hole under the number plate for the tow hook?

20121222_130201.jpg

Another little thing was debadge the rest of the rear (only had the 350gt badge but was painted black)

And trim the rear JDM plate holder. to get rid of this overhang

20121222_130526.jpg

I was defiantly right that this car had some decent money spent on it a few years ago

Full stainless system with decat after the stock extractors,

Tanabe Pro spec coilovers

Wheels were a lil wider than I thought

FB_IMG_13561503334921535.jpg

I'm not used to getting nice surprises with cars :lol:

Also It looks like it has an LSD :)

It was riding low at some stage as there are a few scrape marks underneath

Anyway so its a little bit neater after it was probably neglected a bit bar the the girls brother in law being a mechanic and servicing it. But no wonder there was a bag 1/2 full of stripped rays nuts in the boot. they were torqued up way to tight. I had to stand on a 30cm breaker bar to crack them.

So need new wheel nuts as there is about 3 different ones on the car. But it has long studs on the front so need open ended, but dont like alloy need to be steel. Any options besides your basic $1 specials?

Wow. People have being doing a lot or their Vs. it's great to see the love!

Today, flushed out diff fluid. Was fun considering that the last person who did it threaded the top nut... Painful but got it done. Also did a brake fluid flush and that went really well. Just came back from a test drive and there is a significant difference. We checked it on throttle position and acceleration times and there was a difference, not just placebo.

Tomorrow and the day after my bro and I are doing a full detail. Shall def post before and afters. :)

Been busy. Holidays are great!

Snow foam wash, clay bar, full detail with optima products and then opti-sealed the paint.

Used Dr Colorchip to touch up a couple of stone chips on the front bar - this stuff is amazing - cannot find a single stone chip now.

Lamin-x sealed the front bar - basically a 3mm invisible laminate cover that blocks rocks from chipping.

Debadged the rear.

Gloss black vinyl wrapped the roof.

And tomorrow, steam cleaning the interior.

Hahah ^

I got the car out the back now with a mech from work doing a gearbox oil change for me since i'm finding it hard to get time to do some of the most basic shit.

Oh and i'm also about to arrange 15% tint all round

Edited by Seano350GT

think so

Plastic one, fits pretty much perfect and way better than a fiberglass one

Also done

Lowered the front a CM

Alined, 1.5 deg camber on front, 2.5 at rear, 1 mm toe so not too bad for the stock arms so I can hold off ordering adjustable stuff

Chucked a Nismo leather gear knob on as the stocker was a lil thrashed

Ordered some fancy looking open ended wheels nuts

Replaced one of the front extended studs that had munched thread halfway down

Found out there was a 5 mm slip on the front, so ordered a 15mm hubcentreic slip-on to be a lil less dodgy and bring the front out 1cm. Got a 25mm bolt on for the rear too So once PhillB comes round to do they guards they will be going on

Edited by (Locky)

So 28th Dec I installed Stillen Gen 3 Ultra Long Intakes for my V36. Sounds really good :)! On 31st installed Hotchkis Sway Bars and Eibach Pro Kit Lowered springs. Quite happy with the drop, sits quite nicely. Just waiting to see if it drops more over the week. Hope not too much. The sways are really awesome. Best mod ever! The difference between before and after is really big. I recommend people to get it :)

received my Pioneer P8450BT head unit last night. Have bought all the crap I need to get it to work in the V35 like the steering wheel interface, the bose adapter loom etc.....but i'm thinking I might do away with the Bose all together and just run new speakers off an amp. Has anyone done the same? Better for it?

I have a 10" Jl Audio sub running off a JL Slash series amp and it just booms over the top of the Bose speakers - I can get the level right at some volumes, but the stereo up and it gets much louder than the speakers - it's all out of balance. I haven't played with the gains our frequencies yet - but I'm sure it's out of whack.

Edited by SMOKEYC34

Colin i have the same springs, they're a bit rough but the drop is tidy. I am happy with how it sits also.

Yes it is much stiffer than the originals, however I like it because when you go over bumps you don't lose much traction and can accelerate out of turns and roundabouts very well. The drop is nice but seems like when I reverse up my drive way, my front end hits the pavement. Not too sure what is hitting. Will need to try it out again to see. Worse comes to worse I'll have to reverse up with one tyre at a time.

Regarding accelerating out of turns and traction, might be due to the sway bars, not too sure, installed them at the same time.

Yes it is much stiffer than the originals, however I like it because when you go over bumps you don't lose much traction and can accelerate out of turns and roundabouts very well. The drop is nice but seems like when I reverse up my drive way, my front end hits the pavement. Not too sure what is hitting. Will need to try it out again to see. Worse comes to worse I'll have to reverse up with one tyre at a time.

Regarding accelerating out of turns and traction, might be due to the sway bars, not too sure, installed them at the same time.

Haha mate you will get that everywhere, i am still getting used to being this low. Sometimes it's annoying, for example yesterday i did a gearbox oil change and i had to physically lift the car up from the fenders with my hands to fit the arms of the hoist under the car..

Spacers rocked up

15mm hubcentric on the front to replace the floating 5mm

And a 25mm bolt on for the rear, but need to wait till guards get rolled and extended wheel nuts rock up before I can put the rear ones on. So hopefully next week.

No spacer side

20130104_162324.jpg

20130104_162334.jpg

Spacers

Effective 9.5+15 and 10.5+12

20130104_162319.jpg

20130104_162306.jpg

I was also tempted by a pair of 19x11-12 Equips.. saw a car on rim tuck rocking the same specs, thought it might work

Then after punching it in the offset calculator figured out it was exactly 55mm further out then current specs. But with both a 30 and 25mm together it showed that it wasnt going to happen anywhere near my current height and camber

20130104_160825.jpg