SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Approval Application:

(1)What is it? Air Pod cover -http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=17671&cat=&page=3

(2)Why do you want it? Because CF is not allowed and red is matching the base colour - also to have a bit more "Fill" effect in the bay

(3)How much? $150 + postage

(4)Scale of want/need from 1 - 10 (1 being want and 10 being need): 4

(5)What is product made of? Metal?

(6)did you seek approval previously (if not skip question 7)

(7)What was the result and reasoning? Wanted a CF one but apparently it's to wank factor.

(8)Any risk to damage of car/reputation/ other: No damage - however reputation may drop due to having matching colours

(9)Other: N/A

If you guys could please sign off on this?

Edited by RosieR34

lol... Forget the haters Jeremy!

If you want the box put it in. I'm looking to put one in soon too, car came with pod filter so thinking about this box to make it less appealing to defect police.. Thought about making one, but after spending cash on tools needed and perspex, etc. might just try find a used one. They are on ebay for about $100 also. Not like it has to be high quality =)

• Like 1

dude i told you dont worry about the pod filter it actully gives 0kw gains if not it just gives you more heat soak. The stock intakes are actually a nailed design. Ive been trying to convince him just to go without the certificate. Its not November yet the worst thing that would happen is that yo have to go again im not sure if you have a number of times that you can try to get cleared. Id be guessing three times.

I believe 0kw is true but is throttle response a little crisp/responsive?

Also is heat soak much of issue......doesn't the air run through the intercooler before the the TB? I know at idle or low speed it will make a difference but not enough to affect a daily driver, surely?

I am a noob at the RBs but I have come from modding a supercharged v6 where a w2a is mainly used and the blower sitting on the intake manifold has a lot of heat soak and it is comonly discussed.

Not trying to be a smart ass just trying to learn a little.

I was also looking at one Jeremy.

Edited by gtr judd

Stock airbox sucks cold air, but has a small intake.

With exrta holes cut its less restrictive.

0$ upgrade that works.

Unboxed pods suck hot air.

No good.

A box can be as cheap as $10-$20.

Yea I can see how warm air is sucked in with out this box thing mentioned above, but with the pods enclosed surely it isn't that bad?

When at speed, there wouldn't be that much hot air, but standing still etc there would be more soak.

It's interesting 10 minutes after a drive to remove the shield and feel the Pod. Definately cooler than with no shield.

I need to trim my NAP Custom Shield a little after pulling my cooler out for cleaning, everything went back together just a little differently and it currently doesn't fit. :(

• Like 1