SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Hmmm, i'm looking into getting one once my car is on the road.I am just going to box in my Pod filter.

In other news my o2 sensor, radiator hoses, thermostat and radiator cap arrived from kudos today so i'll throw them on tomorrow and do my timing and use your compression tester just to see how my motor is going.

An extra turbo, abs, etc...

No wonder they cost so much to do up, stuff would have to be custom made just right to fit in there.

but arent they wider?

engine bays are identical once stripped.

TBH what i might do is just leave it for the moment. When i did the water pump not long ago there was no corrosion in the block and now looking inside the block where the thermostat goes it's super clean, same with the new radiator. I'm sure it must be built in to be sacrificial. I need to running to get it to the panel shop probably next week to get it fixed up. Once it's back on the road I think I will just take it to a good radiator place and get the to do a professional fix on it. I flushed everything out anyway to be sure and pretty much all the bit of the pipe were in the hose. *sigh* nissans... fix one thing find another, at least i found it now and not when it exploded in the middle of summer.

Ring Andrew @ Kudos. The whole unit will either be $50 or $80.

Depending if inlet or outlet.

This be common across the entire Skyline range.

Has to do with silly Japs and the coolant they use (or don't use) and composition of the part.

Hmm - not like Andrew.

Tell him to pick his game up :P

haha yeah he was like "I have sent you GTR hoses by mistake, they are not going to fit at all"

He also said Nissan don't have that inlet piece as a serviceable part but said he would look around for me and get back to me with an answer for that as well as when he can get me new hoses. I might get my self one of those anodes as well. My drain plug comes from the side though, not the bottom so i would probably have to shorten the zinc rod.

Does anyone know if i can find one of these locally?

Nissan seem to be of no help.

Kasko fixed one of these not long ago. check his build thread might have info where he got it.

or just pm him

I have cleaned it up best I can, it's not super corroded so i will chuck the new thermostat in and get it running just so i can get it to the panel shop then as soon as it's out i'll take it to a shop who can get it out, replace it and do a proper job, i don't really want to cut corners on my cooling system.

remove the blade from your hack saw. Then cut the inside of the pipe till you reach the outside housing that holds the pipe. If you tap it the pipe should buckle inwards then it should be easy to pull it out.

So thats gearbox oil, diff oil and exhaust polish done today :D

Whoever did the gearbox oil last time definitely made sure the plugs were tight... They were a real pita even with a breaker bar... :angry:

At least gearbox feels a lot nicer now, will be interested to see how it feels cold mornings now.