SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Started pulling my driveshafts out. Passenger side was easy. I broke a ratchet and 2 sockets trying to get the drivers side nut off, no dice :(

quality tools, lots of WD40, Impact and leverage - lol

No I don't want to come over and do it. I just like being a smart arse with advice :P

thanks, but i have one already :)

i had leverage too, my trolley jack handle :P

left it to soak this morning, will try again tonight.

Try swearing A LOT. it usually helps i find.

Have you tried using quality ring spanner and then bashing it with a hammer. Once i tried jumping on a nut with long bar and snapped sockets, then inserted a ring spanner and bashed with those short fat 1 piece hammers and it came off smoothly. Just hold the bolt end with your hand to keep tension on the spanner. I now use this technique to get everything off works so well, and if hammer unavailable use the bottom of your fist.

Yeah that was with long bar/gradual torque method on seized bolts , but with hammer method i havent had one ruined bolt/nut and 100% success rate even on most seized bolts

Still drive the corolla by the way :P

R34 went in for tune in syd but some issues arose with exhaust leaks and wastegate fouling (stupid split dump pipe) but i fixed everything, all mods ready for the e85 tune.

Hows yours white r33 or did you get rid of it ?

Yeah that was with long bar/gradual torque method on seized bolts , but with hammer method i havent had one ruined bolt/nut and 100% success rate even on most seized bolts

Still drive the corolla by the way :P

R34 went in for tune in syd but some issues arose with exhaust leaks and wastegate fouling (stupid split dump pipe) but i fixed everything, all mods ready for the e85 tune.

Hows yours white r33 or did you get rid of it ?

He got a "family" and "settled down" and de manned himself and got a stag.

Stupid question, but can anyone point me in the right direction for where to buy a can of compressed air? I assume they're available from places like Autopro etc though there might be a much cheaper option.