SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

WOOHOO!! She f**king runs again! Roars like the beast it is once more! Finally...

Saw the plugs you removed on the table in the garage.

FArk me if they weren't in there when it rolled off the production line in Japan.

Much longer and I reckon you would not have got them out - Srsly!

Reminded me of the sailors that become part of the ship in the Pirate's of the Carribean movie :P

Once a year at least. Not once a decade .

Happy 4u she runs great again :thumbsup:

FArk me if they weren't in there when it rolled off the production line in Japan.

Reminded me of the sailors that become part of the ship in the Pirate's of the Carribean movie :P

Now all it needs is a buff

Thats the dumbest comment ever. Just wax it more often god.

I'm not sure you actually realise just HOW BAD the paintwork on it is lol, I honestly don't consider it worth any kind of attention whatsoever. I've long given up caring how the car looks, and now only care how it runs. However if it won't require a wax more than once a month, then I'm happy to give it that attention.

hahaha yeah I reckon! I left them there (in order if cyl.1 - 6 from edge of table) to get your opinion lol....concerning though, looks like the coilpacks weren't properly sealing against the head and water was getting in there. They weren't hard to remove, but f**k there was some serious rust/oxidisation going on. When I pulled cyl.1 out the thread was wet with oil/fuel residue and my god it stunk. The rest were pretty shithouse too. So much for Glenn's advice of "those plugs are expensive, don't replace them until it stops running properly" LOL

Now it seems my alternator belt is on its way out. Stupid thing is squeaking ever so quietly while engine is idling, and the belt itself feels a bit average. Le sigh.

I'm not sure you actually realise just HOW BAD the paintwork on it is lol, I honestly don't consider it worth any kind of attention whatsoever. I've long given up caring how the car looks, and now only care how it runs. However if it won't require a wax more than once a month, then I'm happy to give it that attention.

Oh ive seen it haha.... A bit of love mate and she will be all good! its such a beautiful colour its a shame to let it die off.

Oh ive seen it haha.... A bit of love mate and she will be all good! its such a beautiful colour its a shame to let it die off.

I know :( have been considering having it vinyl wrapped in a slightly lighter matte purple though, considering the cracked/flaking condition of the paint on the front bar.

I know :( have been considering having it vinyl wrapped in a slightly lighter matte purple though, considering the cracked/flaking condition of the paint on the front bar.

step 1. Un bolt front bar.

Step 2. Get paint code

Step 3. Sand Back.

Step 4. Paint.

That will cost about $80 worth of paint just use acrylic since its plastic.

Not even 2 days work! Show car inc.

It's aftermarket fibreglass. Had it painted recently. Looked like ass within a month. Bar flexes and the paint cracks and flakes.

man thats crap. You have it fully bolted on? like no bolts missing?

Yes and no. Bar doesn't have much movement in it at all however it took damage when I aquaplaned across a lane and up onto a median strip :( still, had continued to get worse since then....either way, I have 0 interest in going down the route of using paint again unless I found a cheap PLASTIC bar.

"those plugs are expensive, don't replace them until it stops running properly" LOL

Had the same advice from the Nice Middle aged Fella I got my car from.

"Spark plugs were replaced in the last 10000km (receipt in folder) if you ever do it again

use the same ones - trust me!! - Autolite Double Platinum APP3924"

Supposed to last 80,000kms !!!

Within 10,000kms of purchase, it started to misfire but only on idle. (so less than 20,000kms all up)

NGK BKR6EYA coppers have gone in twice now (every 10,000ks and Never a Problem.) :rolleyes:

hahaha yeah I reckon! I left them there (in order if cyl.1 - 6 from edge of table) to get your opinion lol....concerning though, looks like the coilpacks weren't properly sealing against the head and water was getting in there. They weren't hard to remove, but f**k there was some serious rust/oxidisation going on. When I pulled cyl.1 out the thread was wet with oil/fuel residue and my god it stunk. The rest were pretty shithouse too. So much for Glenn's advice of "those plugs are expensive, don't replace them until it stops running properly" LOL

The outside of the plug was oxidised and rusting.

So yeah the coilpacks could not have been secured as well as they could have.

In Canberra I'd leave the valley cover on to stop water pooling at the base of the coilpack/plug too (like an umbrella).

Seriously removing them to stop heat build up and destroying your coilpacks - I call myth. Race cars and regular racing - yeh aite...

The gap and colour of all the plugs looked good really (from a tuning aspect). Although I wasn't there when you pulled number 1 out to fine oil/fuel (wet)

Ive seen brown, white, black, grey, oily and corroded plugs. and yours actually looked better than most. So what ever the tune and A/F ratio it's :thumbsup:

PRIME EXAMPLE AS TO WHY I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH EVER FIXING THE BODYWORK OF MY CAR:

Just f**king ruined the front bumper on a gutter trying to turn around in a street near my work coz of some impatient flamin mongrel in a van. Completely forgot how f**king atrocious the turning circle in the skyline is...

The damage is significantly worse than the pictures make it appear.

PzfB0.jpg

jJfbn.jpg

Thanks man, but like I said earlier - I'm not painting. Ever. Enough bad experiences with paintwork to conclude it's a terrible solution.

I'll sooner sticker-bomb the f**k out of it than paint it.

And I'll sooner douse it in petrol and burn it than that.