SAU Community

Slightly Fishy Body Kit On A Gtt?

hey guys just wondering whether there's something amiss with the bodykit of this car

http://uniquemotors.shopforcars.com.au/Detail.aspx?StockID=17319&Car=NISSAN%20SKYLINE%20R34%20GT-T%201998%20COUPE%20$22,999.00

notice that the rear bar is nismo kit but on the front bar pictures (there's 2) which show one side each, there is a difference in the sides. that being: on a nismo front bar there are 3 little vents on each side of the front bar, but on this car, the vents only appear on one side. also, the side skirts don't seem to be nismo.....is this correct?

if so, any likely explanations?

hey guys just wondering whether there's something amiss with the bodykit of this car

http://uniquemotors.shopforcars.com.au/Detail.aspx?StockID=17319&Car=NISSAN%20SKYLINE%20R34%20GT-T%201998%20COUPE%20$22,999.00

notice that the rear bar is nismo kit but on the front bar pictures (there's 2) which show one side each, there is a difference in the sides. that being: on a nismo front bar there are 3 little vents on each side of the front bar, but on this car, the vents only appear on one side. also, the side skirts don't seem to be nismo.....is this correct?

if so, any likely explanations?

The front is normal one for the year GTT,the three vents are for the side mount intercooler

What side skirts it doesn't have any , exactly how mine came

has the awful wing and ugly ass rear bar

Looks unmolested for the most part besides that

Edited by Carbon 34

has the awful wing and ugly ass rear bar

those are factory items as part of the nismo aero kit.

as seen on here (apart from the gtr spoiler)

rearnismo.jpg

interestingly, the car OP mentioned is missing thte side skirts as well as the front bumper of the kit (as seen below).

so yes a bit fishy, did it originally have nismo aero with front bar and skirts removed? or was the rear bar and spoiler added?

0-0-img_1118.jpg

Edited by alex182

thats a standard series 1 bar. the one your loking at is the series 2 bar. i used to have the nismo/altia bar which was boss but i got the stock GTT with the nismo lip and its jizz.

thats a standard series 1 bar. the one your loking at is the series 2 bar. i used to have the nismo/altia bar which was boss but i got the stock GTT with the nismo lip and its jizz.

The series 2 front bar looks nothing like that , I have one and it looks like a damn ford

No side skirts was standard

Don't care it says nismo that wing and rear end is horrid looking , the bulge that says skyline ruins it

Edited by Carbon 34

The series 2 front bar looks nothing like that , I have one and it looks like a damn ford

No side skirts was standard

Don't care it says nismo that wing and rear end is horrid looking , the bulge that says skyline ruins it

my bad. thats what i meant, somehow got it switched around.

but adding those skirts on would be a bitch since you'd have to drill holes unless you want to just stick it on top of your paint. my factory fitted skirts had holes drilled in for clips on the side.