SAU Community

Antz 1994 R32 Gtr Project & Restoration

Ants

Hey mate

I was thinking of both these items in general but never looked further into them as decided you have to draw the line somewhere

I ended up deciding just to run with standard gear until I have really had the time in the car at the track etc to know it back the front

THEN maybe look at doing either one and change nothing else and see what the results are and hopefully really only then know if the $$ were well spent

Oh yeah your motor makes me happy and sad at the same time

Hey mate

I was thinking of both these items in general but never looked further into them as decided you have to draw the line somewhere

I ended up deciding just to run with standard gear until I have really had the time in the car at the track etc to know it back the front

THEN maybe look at doing either one and change nothing else and see what the results are and hopefully really only then know if the $$ were well spent

Oh yeah your motor makes me happy and sad at the same time

Thanks Rob,

That is actually pretty wise input and will most likely do that now.

To conclude:

The nismo intake plennum would baiscally do f@#k all and would be a waste of $2k (although it looks nice)

The ACPT carbon tailshaft appears to have given a lot of grief / misery to some members (general feedback and what I have read on SAU) and better off not changing it until comes track time + I still have not had a reply from Torqline yet regarding their carbon tailshaft :wacko:

Anyways, as others have said I can focus a bit more on handling / suspension of the car instead.

That's ok mate, I'l be keen to see what your project / motor is like as well once your finished...I'm sure it will be fantastic ;)

Edited by Ants

awesome work, nice attention to detail

Thanks buddy. I'm very pedantic with everything I do (borderline obsessive compulsive disorder :woot: ) but I do enjoy seeing the results and if I can share it with other members that makes me even more happy :yes:

Edited by Ants

Put those funds towards a set of Racepace Motorsport Tein RAs (revalved to custom specs & Eibach springs that are softer & more suitable for GTRs) :)

Yeah, I will seen into that. I have been searching around for a good set of coilover suspension for the car, and there are so many choices. I want to pick the right one for me :P

Ok so, I know it seems like I have not done anything but that's not true.

Despite all this heavy rain I have been chipping away at restoring the car.

I know I said I would remove the rest of the rust later but I could not help myself :w00t:

So off I went to work on the front RHS arch and found this

IMG_1122_zps36511a3c.jpg

May not look like much to start of with but then....look a bit deeper

IMG_1123_zpsefaae9c6.jpg

Scrapped a bit more and rust galore

IMG_1125_zps7e894e16.jpg

More f@#king rust.....but where gonna fix it

IMG_1128_zps4f3852ee.jpg

Here you can see a better picture of where this nasty disease spread itself

IMG_1127_zps5abf7f6d.jpg

Again the mess

IMG_1136_zpsbf1fb137.jpg

Rust removed after some hard work with the power file (broke two belts this time)

IMG_1133_zpse907857c.jpg

The amount of sh!t I removed.

Next up

IMG_1141_zps3c79aca3.jpg

Clean it up with some prep wash - one side

IMG_1144_zps401a3441.jpg

The other side - there is a fracture in the metal so will fix that.

But first...

IMG_1147_zps3948b5ad.jpg

Lets treat it with some anti-rust paint like so

IMG_1146_zps8e1544b5.jpg

After I being filled and sanded and resprayed, I will put a coat of this motospray sound deadener to complete it but I have not got there yet. why you ask well your just gonna have to read on :yes:

IMG_1261_zpsc92aba3f.jpg

I have been waiting for while for to this arrive but it now finally here :banana:

The small box contained this....

IMG_1263_zps99511e8e.jpg

I think you guys know what it is....no its not an Tomei expreme dump pipe, its not an HPI dump pipe, its not an HKS dump pipe AND its not an X-force dump pipe

IMG_1269_zpsf8f01bf8.jpg

Its a brand new MINES SUPER OUTLET PRO II dump pipe which I am very excited to finally have in my possession :merli:

IMG_1265_zps227d48d1.jpg

Quality is superb!

IMG_1264_zps36b214ee.jpg

IMG_1270_zps5fe57f80.jpg

IMG_1267_zpsc6eb3c02.jpg

You can see where the dump pipe has been smoothed out and where the waste-gate pipe joins inside the dump pipe!

IMG_1268_zps0b43ab0c.jpg

Comes with the necessary accessories which is cool :thumbsup:

now for the next box

IMG_1271_zps23d38edc.jpg

Hmmmm....front pipes but what kind?

IMG_1273_zps29d00b5a.jpg

Yeah....midori seibi 80mm TITANIUM front pipes....I am almost in heaven :P

IMG_1274_zps77c51bf4.jpg

Just beautiful to look at

IMG_1275_zps19e64d72.jpg

Just another shot.

Now for some reason I have not received the other parts which well...compliment this but I can tell you this it's also TITANIUM :worship:

Edited by Ants

Very nice. Would the other parts happen to be the Midori Silent High Power NR titanium exhaust? :) I am trying to find info on pipe sizes for them at the moment!

I did actually look at Midori Silent High Power Ti exhaust system, but unfortunately I went another with another famous workshop for the exhaust....and no I'm not going to say who just yet until it is delivered ;)

Have to learn to be patient Michael :laugh:

Should arrive in the next day or so.

The Mines dump pipes actually do look similar to the Nismo dump pipes, although I have not seen one in the flesh to properly compare (nor a good photo of them) as they seem rather elusive since they have been discontinued (if anyone has a decent photo of them pm me)

What I can tell you is the Mines dump pipes have a Pipe diameter of 70φ.

Here are a few more photos of them

IMG_1276_zpsee1fe024.jpg

Comparison of mines dump pipes and CES dump pipes (CES dumps are for sale :yes: )

IMG_1283_zps853585b2.jpg

IMG_1279_zpsf8e7fb83.jpg

IMG_1280_zps729ac870.jpg

Yes, AP racing brakes look certainly look the part ;)

Starting to think i should get you to just double up on everything as a LOT of stuff you're getting is what i'm looking at lol

Yeah, I know. Like I said before you and I think alike :thumbsup:

I just undertook another major order today (one step closer to bankruptcy :pirate::teehee: ) with Perfect Run Japan (pm if you want to add something to the list for yourself)

Edited by Ants

What was the reason for goin the mines dumps when the HPI ones are 76mm dia ?

Well I wanted something different and special / unique at the same time. So it took quiet some time for me to decide to go with Mines dump pipes considering its costs :w00t:

I am not concerned about the 6mm size difference, as I was more interested in the design of the Mines dump pipe + I kind of have a thing for Mines :P and I am almost certain that it will deliver the goods considering my previous setup realised an increase of 60kw (297rwkw) with just N1 turbos + tomei step 1 cams and CES dump pipes @18psi (after tuning of course)

I am not chasing outright horsepower but rather a nice useable and responsive power band (approx. 380rwkw anything above that is a bonus but useless if I can't put it down on the road)

Edited by Ants