SAU Community

Track Day.. Dr30 Clip

FJ20DR30

hey here is one of the clips of my dr30 @ sandown on sunday the 23rd a very hot day so only did 1 or two hot laps per session this clip was making a small mistake out of the final turn but i thought it looked good on camera and felt like sharing

the car performed really well..

th_MVI_0426_zpsa942a0ea.jpg

my first video upload hope it works

have you had temp issues with your fj? cause in general mines been really good it hardly gets much past 60-70 deg at the thermostat on hot days (just street) sunday was 30+ 36max i think and it was creeping toward 100 at thermo after hotlaps but cooled back to 80-85 after a cool down lap..

i have got a VN alloy radiator fitted plus using water wetter and a good large thermo fan + i cleaned it all out in preperation for the heat

ill be fitting an oil cooler before the next time out though regardless of the heat as i want to do many more track days in it

Yea thats pretty good.as long as it cools down !

When I had a fj (like 8 years ago) :( it got hot once and popped the head. I had to source a new head for it it was that gone. Only had stock gauge

Put the head on and bottom end went.

That's when I went Rb.

Water wetter is good stuff.

Oil cooler drops temps heaps and a must if u going to Kane it.

Btw car sounds mad. I want a fj

Sorry for the hi-jack but while on the subject of temp issues... I've got some issues. Overheated on shakedown drive after dyno tune up an angry hill overflow spewed almost 1/2 a litre stock gauge around 2/3's..

Got thermo fan and temp gauge checked out and apparently sweet. Was told that my rad is prob 50% blocked so removed aircon condesor. Now takes ages to get up operating temp by then heatsoak sets in on the stock intercooler (10.5psi). Gauge is 1/2 way in traffic.

I want to rig the standard secondary fan to kick in with the primary and a bit earlier. Is the thermostat located on the top tank?

Help appreciated is my daily atm just ordered an adaptronic and cactus engine is the last thing I need.

how hot did you get it though ydr? 100deg under pressure so i understand it is ok.. it was good at cooling it self back to the 80s..

ps d-limo thermostat is in the housing on the engine that the top radiator hose attaches too

Yea 100 deg is ok. Wouldn't want it higher thou. When I'm drifting it will sit around 90-100.

Like u said but depends on the day I prefer winter skids for that reason.

I cooked my fj hard dude Off the clock. Stock gauge.

Young and dumb ( dumber lol) was on the brake for ages looked down and yea she was cooking.

D-limo. Get a eBay r32 alloy rad. Cheap dude. Don't bother w the fj rad.

Standard fj thermo s arent the greatest so I'd upgrade them