SAU Community

V35 Power Windows

HUR350

Auto drop won't drop very far so the function is kinda pointless on my v35 and wen I put the window Down as soon as I press the button it's drops about an inch really quick with a horrid click sound n continues to go down as normal

Can anyone help me ?

Oh so does that mean the motor has developed some kind of free play?

I got my partner to adjust the window it now drops ok but still with the horrid click.

Wot is actually making the click sound

I thought maybe the cables have stretched that's why it's clicking or that's the cause of the initial sudden drop wen going down and the window drop feature

does your driver side window and passenger side window both go up and down at the same speed? or is 1 slower than the other?

this is a very common problem with these cars, usually the motor generates alot of gunk and dirt inside the motor usually around the brushes. There is a DIY to clean them but usually the problem just comes back later so best to solve the issue right the first time.

BUT, in saying that i'm not sure if that problem is caused by the gunk and shit building up by the motor. I would PM Chris Rogers or wait til he replies here usually he chimes in on these topics regarding the power windows

usually the motor generates alot of gunk and dirt inside the motor usually around the brushes. There is a DIY to clean them but usually the problem just comes back later so best to solve the issue right the first time.
From images I have seen online, the motor seems well closed off, so I would say all the "generated gunk" you see is basically bits that were once part of the motor itself... this of course is coming from someone who appears to have "solved" their window problems with a mild bang on the outside of the door with his hand. :wacko: twice...

Thanks guys for the support.

So wot is making the loud click sound it sounds like something is hitting the window itself and why is it dropping quickly in the first instant?

Do the cables stretch?

And the the 2 bottom threads that screw into the bottom of the window tracks with the flat blade slot in the end of them that hold the tracks to the silver plate that bolts the main part of the door?

How do I know how much to screw them in or out?

They wer all loose n there was clear signs they had been tampered with/adjusted preiviously,kind of sucks but we will work thru it.

Do u know where they should be?

I don't mind buying a new regulator if it means everything will be spot on.

Do u know why it's dropping really quick for just the first part and making the horrible click sound/wot is physically making the sound.

So Chris can you just let me know what exactly the Regulator does? Need to know because if i replace my window motors i would like to be sure that it would solve my "auto" up and down feature of my drivers side because that's stopped working

Also the passenger side drops slower than drivers side,passenger side dosent make the click sound but wen u open the door the auto drop feature barely drops at all?

If this helps?

graphite grease.

regulator is what holds and moves the glass in place. if all you have done is drop the 4 bolts holding it on then fine. if you have taken the 4 bolts off AND moved tbe bolt position then i cannot help you as i need the car un front of me. either way you need two motors at best. do the locks whilst you are there as those will fail next.