SAU Community

R32 Gt-R V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Register (Inc N1 V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Models)

Hi all,

This is a thread for people to introduce and discuss their R32 V-Spec's and V-Spec II's (including N1 V-Spec's and N1 V-Spec II's). It will be a register of R32 V-Specs that are still about. I'll try to log those in Australia and those overseas and regularly upload the log, a bit like the ADM R32 GT-R thread.

This isn't a thread to get into detail about the different specification of the two R32 V-Spec models. I've already established a thread for that here:

http://www.skylinesa...e__pid__6683573

Feel free to touch on the differences etc, but take detailed discussions to that thread.

To keep things consistent and ensure that any log is accurate there will need to be a few rules. The following information is a mandatory inclusion in the first post regarding each car added to the thread:

• Model of car (i.e. 'V-Spec', 'V-Spec II', 'N1 V-Spec' or 'N1 V-Spec II') - a build date would be good too, but if you don't know it we can help out with that.
  • 'Chassis No' code (i.e. VIN number) from the chassis plate
  • 'Model' code from the chassis plate
  • Photo of the blue chassis plate that is fixed to the car in the driver's side of the engine bay
  • Where the car is located - state/county/rough location and country

Other than that, feel free to tell us all that you want about your pride and joy - known history, factory options, modifications, mileage etc. It would be preferable to include at least one photo of the car as well - outside, engine bay, interior etc.

To clarify - If your R32 GT-R is a V-Spec, V-Spec II or V-Spec based N1 model the 'Model' code on your car's chassis plate should look something like this (note that the * indicates factory option codes, and may not be present, or consist of multiple letters):

V-Spec: KBNR32RBFS* AA

V-Spec II: KBNR32RBFS8* AA

V-Spec N1: KBNR32RBFS* ZN

V-Spec II N1: KBNR32RBFS8* ZN

For example, mine is a V-Spec with factory option SRS Airbag, which is denoted by option code 'N', so my car's chassis plate reads KBNR32RBFSN AA.

V-Spec II owners, correct me if I got the code above wrong!

It is my understanding that any car that has an 'X' and/or a '7' in the 'Model' code is not a V-Spec or a V-Spec based N1.

I look forward to seeing a few more V-Specs!

Cheers!

Mike :)

Here is my car:

• V-Spec - build date 10/93
  • 'Chassis No' : BNR32-305366
  • 'Model': KBNR32RBFSN AA

post-97322-0-06093500-1356848811_thumb.jpg

I've only recently bought this car - from SAU member kbnr-32 about three and a half months ago. I wanted to find a nice clean example to keep stock, or take back to stock. The car had about 66,500km on it when I bought it and it has just gone over 70,000km. A large chunk of that occured during the drive from Melbourne to my home in Adelaide when I bought it, as well as a return drive to Melbourne this month to see a couple of gigs! The rest of the driving has largely been having fun or the few km's to and from work!

The only non-stock item (that I know of) is an Etching K's cat-back exhaust. I'm keeping an eye out for a good condition stock exhaust to put in the shed - so that I have one on hand if I ever want to take her back to factory spec. The only modification that has been noticed is that a previous owner in Japan drilled a hole through the factory boost restrictor - which is cheeky but fine with me! There is a factory option SRS Airbag present.

The condition of the car is excellent. The interior is great, with only B and C pillar trims requiring replacement because the coating is coming away, and a driver's mat and cigarette lighter required. The dash (now obscured by the 'Real Emotion' mat that you see in the photos) is straight with no cracks or bubbles. The paint is great given the cars age but it needs the odd scratch or graze sorted out at some stage. A new set of window mouldings and rubbers when that happens will make it look a million dollars.

Mechanically, the car is great. Logs exist for all servicing up to about 23,000km in 2007(!) when there was a change of ownership and 40,000km added in 2008 and 2009. The car then arrived in Australia late 2009 with approximately 63,500km on the clock. The engine has been well maintained and is awesome. The synchros are getting a bit tired, so a gearbox rebuild and a diff recondition will occur one day - but they're fine for the moment. The G-Sensor was faulty when I bought it, so 4WD was locked out, but a fellow Adelaide based SAU member (datsun_1600) sorted that out magnificently for me! The air con has shat itself (seized compressor) so that needs a rebuild too. No great dramas there though.

All in all, she's amazing. A bit of a 'keeper'. I can see why the Japanese are so passionate about GT-R's now that I own one like this.

post-97322-0-47018300-1356849582_thumb.jpg post-97322-0-38356500-1356849642_thumb.jpg post-97322-0-94864100-1356849808_thumb.jpg

post-97322-0-38400800-1356849844_thumb.jpg post-97322-0-19221400-1356849893_thumb.jpg post-97322-0-67865300-1356849925_thumb.jpg

My car:

• Vspec - build date 02/94
  • Chassis No. BNR32-307388
  • Model Code - KBNR32RBFS AA
  • ​Location - Toowoomba, Queensland

post-46746-0-91046800-1356852124_thumb.jpg

I have owned this car for almost 2 years now. I got an import yard in Brisbane to import the car for me, in fact the car was on the boat making it's way to Australia before I was even off my P plates. Car arrived in Australia with around 82,000km and has just clicked over 90,000km, the car was my daily for the first 7/8 months of owning it. It has done a tad over 1000km this year.

This is how the car arrived to me from Japan. It came very close to stock beside some NISMO items and HKS BOV's. Still has the boost restrictor fitted with no sneaky hole in it. I brought some new BOV's off Nissan and got the return flow pipes from the BOV's to the piece under the intercooler off Chris Rogers (thanks again for them Chris) It has a NISMO turbo back exhaust, NISMO front and rear strut braces, NISMO white centre triple guages and NISMO/N1 side skirts. The car did come with one set back, the previous owner put to big/too wide of a tyre and damaged the lip on both rear guards and was a little rust, lucky I am a panelbeater by trade so spend around 24 hours over the space of 3 days cutting out the rust and welding patches in, if you looked at the car you would not even notice it's been repaired. While I was getting the rear guards painted I tidied up a few other bits that had stone chips brushed touched in the wrong colour by the car yard, so the grille, spoiler and rear bar were painted as well.

Had all belts and fluids change with 2 weeks of owning it and after filling the gearbox with Redline shockproof lightweight the gearbox developed a noise on deceleration, so I got back into contact with the car yard and took it back to them to have a look at it and they put a new gearbox in under warranty, other then battery dying on the first cold day I haven't had any problems with the car. Have fitted an oil catch can as a precaution. And have also fitted some new parts including rear quarter glass trims, new gearknob, new R/H door seal (the old one had a tiny cut in it) and a new undertray as mine was missing using all OEM parts. And have also sourced a factory radio from Japan.

Next for the car will be a new rear windscreen seal as mine has marks on it from people using a buff on the car. Other then that I will be fixing things as the pop up, It will be staying as is, won't be boosting the engine or putting any stupid body kits on it, as I am very happy with how the car is now and are not many getting around in such good condition (always get complimented on how clean and original the car looks).

Now for some pictures

post-46746-0-10816000-1356853833_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-42360800-1356853844_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-22442600-1356853857_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-91430300-1356853871_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-34006100-1356853890_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-73417800-1356853906_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-73600400-1356853927_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-71839700-1356854460_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-45290900-1356854480_thumb.jpg

The cancer

post-46746-0-05095800-1356854351_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-84067400-1356854361_thumb.jpg

All fixed

post-46746-0-96900700-1356854418_thumb.jpgpost-46746-0-38925400-1356854431_thumb.jpg

Looks shmick Chris. Nice work with the guards!

Coincidentally Chris Rogers had some input with mine as well. The first owner was the principal of the importer in Queensland (Nizmo Pty Ltd) and he stored mine in a warehouse for a year or so. When it came time to get it mobile he gave it to Chris to drive around while he removed an alarm that was plaing havoc with the electrics, and cut the roof trim so that a Mitsubishi Magna LED high mount stop light could be installed.

Small world!

Looks shmick Chris. Nice work with the guards!

Coincidentally Chris Rogers had some input with mine as well. The first owner was the principal of the importer in Queensland (Nizmo Pty Ltd) and he stored mine in a warehouse for a year or so. When it came time to get it mobile he gave it to Chris to drive around while he removed an alarm that was plaing havoc with the electrics, and cut the roof trim so that a Mitsubishi Magna LED high mount stop light could be installed.

Small world!

Yeah it is a small world. Chris is a top bloke and his work is second to none, he fixed the wiring for my immobilizer. It's a very nice car you have as well, not many 32's getting around with the airbag option. Good to see other people out there giving these cars the love and respect they deserve. Love your dash mat as well, I got one made up for my car but it's no where as nice as your's, I am a little jealous of it :wub:

Love your dash mat as well, I got one made up for my car but it's no where as nice as your's, I am a little jealous of it :wub:

Haha! Cheers - it's a recent addition. I 'got it for Christmas' after organising it for myself ;) I posted a review here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/416471-product-review-real-emotion-dashboard-mat-r32/

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread. Just a couple of suggestions from my own research;

1. Most N1's made where not Vspec or Vspec 2's. They were produced from 1991 to 1994 (total made around 228) and all in Crystal White, thin layer, colour code 326.

2. The numbers produced of the N1 Vspec 1 and 2 (built 1993 and 1994 respectively) are hard to come by, but one source suggests only 50 in each year possibly made, leaving about 128 made between 1991 and 1992.

In any case they are a very rare specification R32 GTR that is very difficult to source even in Japan.

• Like 1

Hi mate - that's great info. Cheers! Are you able to let us know any of the references that you've found that indicate the production figures?

I'm really hoping to get some of the V-Spec N1's on here. I believe that there is one in South Australia because one with SA plates features in the illustrations in Alex Gorodji's book 'Nissan GT-R: Legendary Performance, Engineering Marvel', which is an excellent read.

I don't have the source handy at the moment..... I need to dig it out. Not sure if Nissan FAST can help here as we'll.

But found Glenn Drayton's 1993 VSpec N1 for sale on SAU a few years ago, has some production numbers info there, however suspect most of that info is based on Wikipedia info.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/201368-ultra-rare-r32-v-spec-n1-for-sale/

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189214/1993-nissan-skyline/

Is this the same car that you are referring to in South Australia?

Excert from article follows-

This car is thought to be the only road-going R32 GT-R V-Spec N1 in Australasia.

To give some background, the N1 cars were build to compete in Japanese "N1" class racing. They were built between 1991 and 1994. Nissan produced just enough to meet the homologation rules.

Here are the build numbers for all R32 GT-Rs:

GT-R 40,390

Nismo 560

Vspec 1,453

Vspec II 1,303

N1 228

In 1993 the N1 was based on the V-Spec car (Victory Specification). I do not know the exact number of V-Spec N1's but it is probably around 50, making this car extremely rare. Even the three Gibson Group A GT-Rs prepared in Australia were not based on N1 cars.

Being based on the V-Spec car, the N1 gets:

- Brembo brakes front and rear

- Retuned ATTESA (4WD) system

- 17" BBS Wheels (shown in the top two photos)

- NISMO aero parts (front bumper, lip spoilers front and rear)

Here are views of the front and rear lip spoilers.

The N1 was the lightest homologation weight GTR (1330kg). This was achieved by deleting:

- Radio

- A/C

- Rear window wiper

- ABS

- Lighter headlight

N1 cars were designed to survive the longer races in N1 racing and thus received:

- N1 steel-wheel turbos

- N1 head and cams

- N1 water pump

- N1 oil pump

- N1 pistons, piston rings, bearings

The N1 also has air guide equipment for the brakes.

All N1 cars were painted in color code 326 = Crystal White.

This car has had the A/C retrofitted. It has factory Recaro front seats.

The car was dyno'd at 300rwKW = 400rwHP = 550hp@flywheel. The following modifications were done in Japan:

- HKS 2530 turbo's

- Xforce dump pipes

- Apexi Power FC comp

- OS Giken adjustable cam wheels

- Greddy hard piping kit

- HKS drag cooler

- 80mm airflow meter's

- Nismo fuel pump

- Adjustable reg

- Exceedy single plate button clutch

- Nismo short shift kit

- Injectors look to be from a RX7 turbo

The car has run 11.6 at 120mph.

But found Glenn Drayton's 1993 VSpec N1 for sale on SAU a few years ago, has some production numbers info there, however suspect most of that info is based on Wikipedia info.

http://www.skylinesa...ec-n1-for-sale/

http://www.cardomain...nissan-skyline/

Is this the same car that you are referring to in South Australia?

I don't think so - the one in that book has an aftermarket rear wing (a black one with a different shape). I'll scan the photo next week at work and put it up here.

CORRECTION: It is that car!!! Glenn's old car is on one page, but the follwing pages show what may be a different car with the aftermarket wing. I can't see it's plate.

It would be nice to track down the current owner and ask him or her to add the car to this thread.

Heres one for sale at the moment. Good luck getting it out of the country though!

http://ucar.autos.yahoo.co.jp/model/nissan/skyline-gtr/CU0776092169/?page=18#mnc

Ive put a chassis number up in the fast thread of a Vspec II N1 that was going through the auctions in 2010. I was the high bidder twice, which should have given me a chance to negotiate a price, but no dice. All it would do is shuffle between Japanese dealers..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys

Sorry for the lack of detail. I will have to come back and update.

In short I had an MX5 that my old man wanted to buy and if I didn't sell to him he was going to buy an Alfa. So I decided to sell it to him to stop him from making a mistake. I then saw it as an opportunity to get a car that was different and IMO the best priced sports car going.

After testing a few r32 GTRs I decided on the one that felt the most reliable. A stock 93 V-Spec, tape deck, restrictor, original exhaust etc. After detailing it with a mate we found that the paint had faded down through the clear on the roof. So I got it sprayed and replaced the badges. It had aftermarket lights which I replaced with stock ones. Basically as parts wear out I replace them. I am awaiting ignition coils to arrive from Nissan ATM.

For its age it's grip is awesome and feels very solid on the road. Sometimes I want to do some light tuning to it but I'm holding off for now.

post-84165-0-96427600-1360498221_thumb.jpg

Hi mate - it's Mat yeah?

Lovely looking car :). Even the wife walked past as I was having a look and said "Ooh - nice!". It looks to be more stock than mine - mine has an HKS cat-back 'Turbo' exhaust whereas yours has the original still fitted.

To be honest, I reckon you'd do better to leave her stock (but let me know if you want to get shot of the exhaust ;) )

Very interested to see the details!

Cheers!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone have the Chassis code for a R32 N1? I want to order parts buAnyone have the Chassis code for a R32 N1? I want to order parts but I need the chassis code for my FASTt I need the chassis code for my FAST

Hi Guys

V Spec II

Chassis number: BNR32 311842

Just got my mine through Iron Chef.

Car currently has 34,000km and is 100% stock except for Nismo pipes coming off the turbo.

Hopefully the car will be here and on the road in around 2 months.

Hi Cherry Racer! I reckon I saw Chef post a pic of your car. Is it Gang Ray Metallic (gunmetal grey)?

Very low km's - nice one! Are you based in SA?