SAU Community

R32 Gt-R V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Register (Inc N1 V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Models)

Just curious

Do r32 GTR vspec/vspec 2 come with nismo 3 piece side skirts and n1 front bar? Or are they a option and some don't come with them ?

No Mike.......... V-Specs and V-Spec II's came standard without any of those features.

I have both OEM brochures and they are clearly presented in original guise.

Cheers,

Bob.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There two different types of rear spats, but only one is intended for the GTR. This is the Nismo soft rubber one.

The other type is the much larger one, made of plastic that was for the GTSt etc.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have just looked at a 32 gtr today, it has both the brembos and bbs wheels and the model code ends in AA, but I remember someone saying if the model code has a 7 or X in it it can not be a vspec?

Is anyone able to check?

6u9000BNR32303021

Thanks!

Edited by Navara96

• 4 months later...

I have a slightly different opinion. I would say $25K-$35K depending on originality/mods, service history (local/Japan or both), overall condition and color. The $35K to $45K+ bracket would be reserved for (genuine) low mileage cars and under the psychological 100,000 km mileage, vspec 1 or 2- not much difference in price in my opinion.

I have a slightly different opinion. I would say $25K-$35K depending on originality/mods, service history (local/Japan or both), overall condition and color. The $35K to $45K+ bracket would be reserved for (genuine) low mileage cars and under the psychological 100,000 km mileage, vspec 1 or 2- not much difference in price in my opinion.

That boat has sailed..........

I just checked Wespac exchange rate and at 76.41 yen to the A$ the figures have really blown out. This is the real rate when you actually buy something after the fees are deducted. Not the 80.5 yen rate you see on TV!

It wasn't that long ago that both currencies were are parity to each other.

Attached are the last 6 auctions of similar mileage, grade 4 cars but I don't think any of them are V-Spec's and quite frankly they look pretty poor cars for grade 4 listings..

If you then use Prestige Motorsports cost calculator with the correct exchange rate you will be stunned at the end result.

http://prestigemotorsport.com.au/cost-calculators/

Cheers,

Bob.

post-78207-0-22866800-1453371643_thumb.jpg

Bob you are right about recent Japan prices and the currency changes - I have myself tracked the market over the last few years and even imported directly.

But... The question was what it was worth in the Australian market and frankly the local market hasn't caught up with the overseas market in my opinion. Not yet anyway!

Heck i was looking at this vspec in black,109,000km from auction a little while ago for around $25k landed and complied (81 yen to dollar). In hindsight that was one I should have bought, only missed out by a little!

http://www.j-spec.com.au/recent/1993-NISSAN-SKYLINE-GT_R_V_Spec_-154270.html

And here another recent one for under $30k landed and complied , vspec2, grade 4b, white, 65,000km

http://www.j-spec.com.au/recent/1994-NISSAN-SKYLINE-GT_R_V_Spec_2-187208.html

Both the above examples didn't have any Japanese reg "shaken" left so we're good value for export. The ones you have cited mostly have reg plates and 'shaken' left and so can increase the sale prices a few thousand dollars over no 'shaken' vehicles and they are usually sold locally in Japan for that reason.

i would be interested to hear what others think as well....

Where is Iron Chef???

Well - I have my 94 V-Spec2, stock, Grade 5A and 22,000 genuine kms (full service history) insured at 55K and I don't think that's excessive....

Paid 35K at Auction 2.5 years ago..... (Thanks Iron Chef ;-)

Glad I got it when I did - not many like it left

Might sell it to Yankee land in 2019

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 2

Well - I have my 94 V-Spec2, stock, Grade 5A and 22,000 genuine kms (full service history) insured at 55K and I don't think that's excessive....

Cheers

Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

Sounds like a great car.Yes, the way to $A to $US is at the moment it makes the car very attractive for a US buyer. I am tossing up what to do with mine at the moment. I bought another toy and now the GTR does not get used as much as I would like. That being said, the holding cost are probably only a couple of grand a year and I believe the increasing value of the cars will far outstrip that. Decisions, decisions.

Cheers

Jeff

Regarding the exchange rates, if you've got a good importer you won't get ripped too badly. I used OzForex when I imported my car who converted the money for me and paid for the car. They generally exchange at 1.5 yen less than the spot rate which is excellent. Last year I imported my 34 for a spot rate of around 96 yen per Aussie $ which meant I paid around 94.5 yen.

Right now the spot rate is 85.5 so it's improving, and Japan just intro'd negative interest rates so prepare for it to get even better IMO.

Regarding the exchange rates, if you've got a good importer you won't get ripped too badly. I used OzForex when I imported my car who converted the money for me and paid for the car. They generally exchange at 1.5 yen less than the spot rate which is excellent. Last year I imported my 34 for a spot rate of around 96 yen per Aussie $ which meant I paid around 94.5 yen.

Right now the spot rate is 85.5 so it's improving, and Japan just intro'd negative interest rates so prepare for it to get even better IMO.

I can also vouch for Ox Forex- used twice before when I imported directly and both times were very good rates as you have stated.

I don't know how long the negative interest rates in Japan will take to make the exchange rate more attractive for us though.....

Edited by RS4StagMan

Cheers

Andreas

Andreas - you are a very lucky guy! I remember your car very well when it came up for Auction as it was very hard to forget!

Just to clarify, $35K was car cost only plus associated import costs?

Andreas - you are a very lucky guy! I remember your car very well when it came up for Auction as it was very hard to forget!

Just to clarify, $35K was car cost only plus associated import costs?

Car cost only - correct

Cheers

Andreas

Way late to the party. What up boys? I ran some numbers though fast and came up with these model codes.

Year - Code - Number showing up in FAST

1993 KBNR32RXFSAA 1

1993 KBNR32RXFSZAA 1

1993 KBNR32RXFS7AA 3934

1993 KBNR32RXFS7ZAA 300

1993 KBNR32RBFSNA 27

1993 KBNR32RBFSNAA 17

1993 KBNR32RBFSAA 923

Edited by tyndago

Year - Code - Number showing up in FAST

1994 KBNR32RXFS7AA 5525

1994 KBNR32RXFS7MA 121