SAU Community

R32 Gt-R V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Register (Inc N1 V-Spec & V-Spec Ii Models)

Oh and someone posted this link earlier about another V Spec II N1 for sale in Japan. It is 5,000,000 Yen incase anyone is interested.

http://ucar.carview.yahoo.co.jp/model/nissan/skyline-gtr/CU0776092169/?page=1#mnc

There is a couple of N1s for sale in Japan at the moment. Expect to pay something around 4-5,000,000 Yen. About the same money as a second hand R35 GTR. So not cheap at all.

Does anyone know, or is there any way of finding out exactly how many V Spec II N1s were made?

Edited by R32N1

THanks for that guys. Yeah i am pretty excited. Just bought it it japan from a dealer through an agent. So i guess it will be on a boat it about 2 weeks, which i guess means it is about 5 weeks away or something.

Most N1s are sold through dealers rather than through the auction process. Buying off a dealer means you have alot more opportunity to actually get the car looked over properly and driven and all the rest of it.

Unfortunately for me, it is going to be about a year before i can register it in NZ. I need to wait until the car is over 20 years old before i can do a standard registration on the car. :(

Well done Lucas. Fantastic car. Do you think you'll keep it as it is or return it to stock. Nice to see that the original rims are included.

That year will fly by. Very forward looking of you.

R32N1, have they optioned the air-con back in? Back in the R32 days there was a lot of mixing and matching going on, a lot of stuff could be ordered to be re-fitted.

In terms of numbers, all I know is that it's 228 in total, covering all R32s. VS2 N1s would definitely be less than 50.

Edited by Iron Chef

Thanks again guys. Yeah i have already started to buy up quite a few original parts. I cant stand boost controllers and turbo timers littering the interior. So i have bought quite a few new interior trim pieces to replace anything that may have a hole in it from fixing things all over the place. Also things like new gear knobs, gear stick leather boot, dash surrounds, air vents, so on and so forth. I already have a set of original V Spec strut braces, a set of Nismo S Tune suspension, a set of new Nismo front and rear sway bars and a spare set of V spec rims.

One of the only things that i need now is a factory plastic unpainted front lip. They are ridiculously expensive though, so im thinking of wrapping this one with a matte carbon wrap, so make it look more like the original grey one.

Yeah apparently the first owner of this car opted to have A/C. Which i am stoked about. Would be hard driving a car in the summer without it.

Pretty sure that i will just take the year to tidy the car up. Clean everything thoroughly, do any work that needs to be done on it, tidy the engine bay, wheel wells and under neither. I think that the sills and chassis rails will probably need some attention. But basically i want it to look super clear and as near to stock as possible. Like my old car (i have posted a folder of my old car on here)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/gallery/album/5436-my-old-r32-gtr/

You know, I have an inkling that the N1 front lips were painted/colour matched. Might be worth researching that before you go changing things.

Make sure you keep all of the bits that you swap out for Nismo parts. I'd find a factory exhaust and keep it in the shed just to ensure that you have a completely stock car ready to go if you want one.

Regarding options etc, yeah - there seems to be a lot of that going on, especially with the V-Specs. Not really surprising seeing as they were 'order only', i.e. you couldn't buy one off of the showroom floor. For example, mine has an N1 front bar and airbag option.

When I win the lottery I'm going to buy a full set of N1's you know. That would be sick.

Yeah definately looking to try and keep a piggy bank of stock parts in the shed. Want to be able to take to a car show in 20 years and have it 100% stock and mint.

Its not easy though. Cause there seems to be almost no records of what they actually did and didnt come with in R32 spec, particularly v spec n1. So im doing my best to try and figure it all out.

After talking to my mechanic today, I may have found a stock exhaust. Fingers crossed!

You know, I have an inkling that the N1 front lips were painted/colour matched. Might be worth researching that before you go changing things.

Make sure you keep all of the bits that you swap out for Nismo parts. I'd find a factory exhaust and keep it in the shed just to ensure that you have a completely stock car ready to go if you want one.

Regarding options etc, yeah - there seems to be a lot of that going on, especially with the V-Specs. Not really surprising seeing as they were 'order only', i.e. you couldn't buy one off of the showroom floor. For example, mine has an N1 front bar and airbag option.

When I win the lottery I'm going to buy a full set of N1's you know. That would be sick.

Feel free to come and visit me when you do ;)

I get the impression that those N1/Nismo hood lips and boot spoilers are more trouble than they're worth - the steel structural inserts rust and 'blow' the surface. I kinda wished that mine had had them specified when it was delivered, but I'm glad it didn't now. The Nismo front bar though, that's different. I lurve the fact that mine has one ;)

Yeah I removed the back boot off my track car the other day which has a genuine nismo rear boot lip. As I was flipping it over, I got covered in rusty water all over me. I have no idea where it even came from. So I can definitely see how they could promote rust. But the just look so dam good!

In terms of numbers for the N1 R32's produced, I posted back in post #7 some numbers.

I have since found this source below which suggests only 141 produced in year 1991 only and then a further 87 units as Vspec2.

(Total still 228 units)

According to this article written Feb 2009, there were no Vspec1 N1's produced at all. However Vspec2 production started in Feb 1994 so I suspect the 1993 year in the article should actually read 1994.

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/02/20/the-nissan-skyline-bnr32-gt-r-n1/

So the article goes on to state that the 1994 Vspec2 N1s were different to the 1991 N1's as follows;

- NISMO vents in the front bumper

- the V-Spec II BBS wheels

- Brembo brakes

- subtle Nismo rear trunk spoiler below the standard GT-R spoiler

- V-Spec II sideskirts, which had a dip below the rear wheels for aerodynamics

- The headlights were single unit High Intensity

- only color offered was white, just like on the original N1 of 1991.

Total weight saving over of 125kg over base spec GTR

Hope this helps, or confuses people even more!

Thanks again guys. Yeah i have already started to buy up quite a few original parts. I cant stand boost controllers and turbo timers littering the interior. So i have bought quite a few new interior trim pieces to replace anything that may have a hole in it from fixing things all over the place. Also things like new gear knobs, gear stick leather boot, dash surrounds, air vents, so on and so forth. I already have a set of original V Spec strut braces, a set of Nismo S Tune suspension, a set of new Nismo front and rear sway bars and a spare set of V spec rims.

One of the only things that i need now is a factory plastic unpainted front lip. They are ridiculously expensive though, so im thinking of wrapping this one with a matte carbon wrap, so make it look more like the original grey one.

Yeah apparently the first owner of this car opted to have A/C. Which i am stoked about. Would be hard driving a car in the summer without it.

Pretty sure that i will just take the year to tidy the car up. Clean everything thoroughly, do any work that needs to be done on it, tidy the engine bay, wheel wells and under neither. I think that the sills and chassis rails will probably need some attention. But basically i want it to look super clear and as near to stock as possible. Like my old car (i have posted a folder of my old car on here)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/gallery/album/5436-my-old-r32-gtr/

In terms of the lower spoiler, they are still available new from Nissan Aust ( not sure about Nissan NZ). It will cost around $450 or so but with a car of your rarity, it would be well worthwhile to source. Let me know if you need a part number, I can dig that out for you.

The link above suggests that the Vspec2 N1's had the unpainted spoiler fitted from factory just like any other JDM or ADM model GTR.