SAU Community

Someone Broke My Windscreen

SargeRX8

I kept this quiet to do my own snooping around but can't come up with anything and just want to hear the general input.

On boxing day morning, at 3:53am a car came past my car slowed down and drove off. About a minute later the same car came past, stopped near my car then rolled forward and stopped again after which the passenger reached out of their window and hit my windscreen 4 times with what I would say is a hammer, then they drove off.

We heard it and some of us were awake as it was christmas night so we were just chatting and watching youtube videos. By the time we got outside there was no one there but the bangs and the car rapidly accelerating away were a sign something happened. We saw the holes and immediately drove around the blocks and surrounding area to find no suspicious activity.

We got home and sat down and spoke about the indicent and the part that has me fumbled is the simple fact that there is not a single person who I can think of that has any reason to do this. I don't care much about a large circle of friends. I go to work, I come home, I sleep. I wake up and do it all again. I never go out, I never start trouble with people. Hell the last argument I had was probably in year 8 high school.

I cant see any motive behind this but at the same time it looked too thought out to be random. They stopped, eyed my car out with their lights off then came back. How do I know this? The footage is on CCTV. Problem is the CCTV has night vision so colour is lost and the number plate is no where near visible. The quality of the picture is quite poor and we've watched it many times back.

Its too planned to be random but I can't put a finger on any single person or even think of a potential person who would have done this. Could it be random? Around the same time last year my blinkers were stolen and numerous times cars in our street get egged.

The person who did this is scum. The driver was in panic mode. They turned their lights off approacing my car. Then switch them back on. They held the brakes and accelerator at the same time when creeping forward. Their tail lights do not appear to be working properly. I can show the video but only by request on PM if you send me your youtube username as it is on private. The car can be seen at a few points but we have problems making a positive ID but from the list we drew, I know no one with any of the cars it could be.

Numerous people I have spoken to suggest it is random and it could be an attack on my car and not me personally, attack for the sake of stupidity, mistaken identity while others suggest no one would do such an act without being payed for it because, if caught, they could be charged.

From where I sit, I think its a random dead weight of society.

Any input?

Possibilities...

* mistaken identity

* vexation at your type of car

* district hooliganism

* jealousy

* alcohol/drug fuelled violence

...or a combination of some of the above?

Can your CCTV be matched with a commercial one nearby, which displays the same taillight idiosyncrasy + Rego?

See those are the only possibilites I could think of my self. Its been targeted in the past as I said in my first post by random idiots, just this time it went abit further.

Another guy a few streets away has cctv. We asked him if we could watch his records but unfortunately nothing passes by his cameras at that time. It was a few turns away from my place. There are no petrol stations or anything either which could be of benefit.

You haven't noticed any kind of suspicious behavior recently? Like cars following you home, or people doing drivebys?

If you can't come up with anyone you think would want to do this, then chances are, it is random, for whatever ridiculous reason they have.

In all honestly I'm a peaceful driver. I don't cut people off, I don't play really loud music, I don't tail gate, I don't race or get anyone gee'd up. My brother thinks someone might have tried to race me and when I give them the cold shoulder, some people get angry and it could be some wanker from a situation like that.

Who ever did this was a gutless and inexperienced driver. Their plan was thought out but no so much as when it came to the crunch they looked to have fumbled their plan.

I've taken alot of videos off youtube. I had a few videos up demonstrating my cars and in a couple of them I drove home and parked. Recently Ive noticed a few people subscribing to my youtube page who don't have youtube accounts. Its probably nothing but hell there could be some wanker on the internet who probably didn't like my video... and there were a few who called my car junk, rubbish, gutless etc.

The way I see it is if someone had a problem with me, they should take it out on me and not on my car at 4am. If someone had a problem with me, I would know.

Sorry to hear about this mate.

First thing I would do is make a copy of the footage and file a report with the cops. Nothing may come of it but they should be notified in case theyre spotted in the area again.

Given it was Christmas night and at that time of the morning, my bet is it was just a random attack by some grubs out for some 'action'. Even if it is the sort of thing that you could be charged for that doesn't mean that they were pros. Idiots like that don't think about the consequences of their actions. Christmas is a time of fun, family and festivities for most, but for many it can be a time of sadness and desolation. Unfortunately, some of these people unload their baggage onto unsuspecting and underserving third parties such as yourself.

Hope you can get your car back to its former glory soon.

I go the other way in that I think it is not random - it's targeted. Someone in the residence has pissed someone else off.

Is it the only car at that residence, or the only car parked outside on the road ? No one goes past once and comes back on a whim to commit hooliganism.

If it's not you I'd speak to others that live with you.

My rentals (many) have been targetted for a decade by varying enemies of one of my very troublesome sons.

From egging in the high school years by pissed off chicks to, slashing tyres, fires, a BnE and an attempted bashing and abduction by addicts.

C'mon - a hammer on a windscreen - pre meditated.

Hope you can track down who they are mate.

Hitting someones windscreen with a hammer is such a yobo thing to do....wouldnt be suprised if this happened in Western Sydney.

If it was planned, they wouldnt scope out your car then come back, theyd just do it straight away then take off.

Thats what I mean; I cant see what car Sarge drives (on my phone) but if it is either an RX8 or a Skyline I can just imagine a bunch of pissed gronks at xmas doing laps in their torana sunbird looking for property to smash that looks like it belongs to someone wealthier than they are. Just my guess anyway. Or maybe for OP's sake I would prefer it is random rather than targeted. Hope it works out.

I grew up near Penrith btw. So maybe that has colored my perceptions

meh,

in campbelltown the car wouldve been flipped then burned

guess my point is it couldve been far worse

hopefully you can get some answers. would be keen to see how this unfolds.

Cheers for all the input guys, much appreciated.

The police already have a copy of the video but chances are nothing will come of it anyway. I drive an R33 skyline and this car gets alot of the right and wrong attention. It gets the thumbs up from many drivers but other times, there would be a car full of fully sick dead weights next to me who just look like they wanna tear me and my car a new asshole.

If this was premedidated and targeting me, I would know who it was. If I didn't know, I would have an idea of potentials. The problem is, I can't think of a single person, neighbour, or even a person Ive come in contact with who would have any reason to want to do this, unless they just didn't like me full stop.

Last year when my blinkers were stolen, mind you the car is parked in a side street, not too well lit either, the car came past and the people jumped out, one go, pulled out the blinkers, snip and off they went. These tards who smacked my windscreen, were sloppy. They drove around twice which was a stupid move. Why? Lets ask why did they drive around twice. Did they want to double check its the right car? Did they want to see if anyone is around? If they wanted to check its my car, shouldn't they know it is? I mean cmon, a white r33 skyline, its not like the street is litered with them. If they wanted to see if anyone was around, what would make them so sure that a 1min drive around the block won't result in someone passing by. If I was out to get someones car, the plan would be set, the target identified and the task done in one pass. On their second time around they stopped at the wrong position on my car for a second or two then moved forward and hti the wind screen. Again, if this was me targetting someone specific and I was hanging out of the car with a hammer, I wouldn't give two shits where I swung, windscreen, driver glass, side mirror, bonnet etc.

This looked like the other cowards who egged our cars a while back. They egged our car then done a f**king 3 point turn to drive away, I got outside but was about 1 second two late. These people are dumb. Malicious damage is generally hit and run, not hit, fall over, get up and run.

I'm making the video public, view and comment if necessary.

Also if someone here is good with brake lights and patterns and can identify what issues this car has with their rear lights, please post it. If you can at all identify the make or model of the car, would be great too. From what I can draw, the car has brake light issues, its a ligher coloured car, 4 door sedan, sounded like a 6 cylinder, has a spoiler light, no brake light in the rear window.

Edited by SargeRX8

I'm making the video public, view and comment if necessary.

Also if someone here is good with brake lights and patterns and can identify what issues this car has with their rear lights, please post it. If you can at all identify the make or model of the car, would be great too. From what I can draw, the car has brake light issues, its a ligher coloured car, 4 door sedan, sounded like a 6 cylinder, has a spoiler light, no brake light in the rear window.

Aside from the unfortunate circumstances when you posted this, I thought 'this will be a cool little challenge'. Then I clicked into the video - it's like watching bloody Paranormal Activity! Pretty hard to make anything out unfortunately...

The car does seem white and its length is about the same as the R33. Seems like it has a bad earth; when the tail lights (which both seem blown) are on, the brake lights don't light up, but when the tail lights are off (switches headlights off), the brake lights light up (well one of them anyway)

I thought it might've been a Holden Viva Sedan with the LED spoiler some of them came with, from the bluff rear end at 3:01 but it appears as though the c-pillar on the offending car is blacked-out, which the Viva does not have. There's so many cars it could be unfortunately. Being an early Korean car it wouldn't surprise me if it was a Viva as they would've had stacks of electrical problems

Thats horrible!! Did you check any later footage? Maybe they came back in the daytime to see if you had noticed or to look at what they did. If they were young people being idiots with mates its likely. Maybe you can compare lights and the shape of the car to other passers by. Wish I could help out more. Hope you find out who it was!

Oh man, unfortunately that is horrible footage unless you have someone that knows their stuff. You could try and freeze then enhance the part where your alarm went off and your blinkers illuminated their whole rear. Even then it is very dicey.

FFS , I hate reading stuff like this.

If someone is pissed off with you it doesnt excuse a gutless act like this, you got beef with somebody talk to them !

geez these days with social media, sms messaging, fax , telegram, morse code or two tin cans and string... one would think you could have a yarn and work your gripes out !

Nah, smashing some poor bastards window with a hammer on xmas night is the way to go !

Sorry to hear about this happening, i would park the car off the street from now on if you can and if you find them, you have a hammer and they have fingers if u know what i mean :yes: