SAU Community

2013 Sau-Vic Motorsport Championship

emts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity

Does anyone know if there are any track day events held on Sunday 25th August this month?

looks like V8race have sandown for the day:

http://www.v8race.com/PAGE/Sandown-v8race-Experience-Dates/

motobikes at broadford

V8 supercars are at winton

cannot find anything at PI

Calder seems closed to club events of late.

I've used both and they are a very different tyre. Time-wise, there is not much in it (no more than 1 second), but it's the consistency and number of 'fast' laps you can do in a session that's the big difference. Also their performance (lap time) in hot weather is massively different.

The edge of the RSR's gets hammered (soft sidewalls) very easy and they tend to wear out much faster because of that.

$230 is massively cheap though! Plus $50-60 to fit the tyres to the wheels and $100 in shipping? So $270 ea ish. Cheap.

I would use the Achilles 123 over the Shitty RSR's, they are on the back of the 31 at the moment ( track spec version).

Grip is good just don't think they will take the heat cycles or lower pressures like the AD08's

RSR's ~ $230

AD08R's ~ $460

:/

These fitted prices? would like to know where you're going for me in 235/45/17s there is v little in price just under $300 and just over $300 fitted so no brainer for me.

On to events, anything down post Nats, always get itchy feet in summer.

These fitted prices? would like to know where you're going for me in 235/45/17s there is v little in price just under $300 and just over $300 fitted so no brainer for me.

On to events, anything down post Nats, always get itchy feet in summer.

RSR prices I just got off ebay so yeah unfitted.

Any chance we can confirm a swap to that WRX day at winton in November instead of the Tampered one on cup day?

Yes I can confirm that.

was a hard call, I land on the Friday so not sure if I can get my car sorted..but heres hoping!

M