SAU Community

Stagea Climate Control

MSP8

Hey All, I'm having some issues with the climate control in my M35 Nissan Stagea 2001 ARX;

When I use the "Auto Econ" button and set the temp to say 18, the A/C comes on (as expected) and cools the car down well... if I set the temp to 18.5 Deg (or anything higher) the heater will come on and heat the car to well passed 18 deg??? I do not understand why the heater would come on at all, it's a pain when it's 30 degrees out and the inside gets too cold and you want to take the edge off, and the heaters come on with force.

Anyone know what's going on? Is there anyway I can reset the system??

Thanks

should be an ambient air temperature sender somewhere on the front of the car, normaly behind the front bar, if thats unpluged or broken it will think the outside temp is like -200 degrees so always think you need heat to get to any temp above that, so aircon will only work on aircon when its set to the coldest setting

The ambient temp sensor is on top of the dash in the middle. But its most probably likely the rubber hose that senses inside temp has come off. It is the little window near your left knee under the dash. There should be a return pipe behind it.