SAU Community

The Wasteland 2013 Edition

heslo

FYI my brother-in-law David (Red back on SAU) is running his R33GTR (with R34GTR Nur engine in it) at the Bathurst Motorsport Festival this weekend. FB group below if anyone want to check out pics/join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/586460034705368/

The 33 with the impact damage? :( God that looks like it was a massive hit...

-D

Yeah sadly it was looking the best it has ever looked - I had never seen it so clean and it had never run the Enkei rims on it before either (as the inner plastic guards needed to be modified so they didn't rub).

The front looks bad, but thats only because the guards are alloy and fold up like tissue paper. I had pretty much the same wheel angle after I hit something, I bent my rear subframe, but they arent overly expensive things. The bodywork will be the killer, and if he wants to get the airbags working properly again...

I spoke with David this arvo - looks like a reshell needed - so we are on the lookout for an R33GTR rolling shell. Ripples under the passenger floor, engine/gearbox mounts damaged .... looks moderately major. Sure it will be fixable, but it is a matter of figuring out whether it is more economical to re-shell it or fix it. Plus David is a bit of a perfectionist, so I am sure he would not be happy with fixing the old car if a new one can be had for a reasonable price.