SAU Community

The Wasteland 2013 Edition

heslo

^^^ Japanese company with an office in Australia. I am thinking about one of there Throttle response controllers for the 8 as well...

Nengun want $570 plus shipping but there AU eBay store is only $460 delivered...

Main engine/performance modifications are 3" turbo-back exhaust, Blitz intercooler, nismo 480cc injectors, and a high-flow turbo I picked up second hand (don't know the full specs). Turbo has a 10psi actuator on it, and is using the factory boost control via nistune (which brings it a little over 12psi).

Martin seemed very surprised at how well the turbo came onto boost, etc.

Dyno sheet:

20130715_dyno2_small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Just wow. As if you would drive in such a state, in such a car, in such circumstances, past the LARGEST POLICE STATION IN SA! That is a whole new level of stupid.

When you're on drugs, you don't really care

Wow. Just wow. As if you would drive in such a state, in such a car, in such circumstances, past the LARGEST POLICE STATION IN SA! That is a whole new level of stupid.

your neighbour hood andrew:)

Bout to do an oil change any oil people recommend? And also a filter

I've been using royal purple 10w40 in my gtr for a while now. And just the ryco filters from repco, supercheaps etc

Anyone know of anywhere i can get spark plugs in bulk for a good price? Ebay isnt providing much discount once you add in freight. I need a fair few in multiple types.
Thanks in advanced.

Can anyone figure out where the scam is going to come in here. I'm selling my ranger ute and i know i'm being scammed because of the language that they are using but i can't figure out how the scam is going to work;

Sent from: Craig

Asking abt ur vehicle on gumtree & for my assurance, pls send me recent service history, VIN, interior pics & confirm ur firm price to [email protected]

I work for EMC and i'm presently away in Darwin on a project with no means of getting home, i need this vehicle transport myself and my tools back home as i'm originally from Sydney.
Please send me your bank details as i'm ready to transfer the payment for the vehicle to your account in full.
Kind Regards,
Craig.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Dale Stirling wrote:
Hello Craig,
The VIN for the Ranger is:
MNALSBE108W720872
Let me know if there is any more information you require
Thanks
Dale

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Service History for Ford Ranger Ute
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:09:51 +0930

Hey Craig,
As stated in the Gum Tree advertisement, i have received a promotion and my new salary package includes Toyota Hilux so i have no need for the Ranger as it is a second vehicle.
I am happy with the price of $12,5000 and i am sure that there is no finance on the vehicle as i carried out a check on the vehicle when i bought it and i paid cash, but i will forward the VIN to you tomorrow.
Just to let you know i will not accept payment through paypal and i will not be transferring any money out of my account to verify my details. Preferred payment is cash in pickup and i will be reluctant to accept any other form of payment.
Dale

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:40:44 +0930
Subject: Re: Service History for Ford Ranger Ute
To: DDDDD

May i know your reason for selling this Vehicle, please let me know if there's any money owing on it.
I can pay $12,500 and I will be delighted if you consider me as the next owner, let me know if my offer is good enough.
Craig.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Dale Stirling DDDDDD wrote:
Hello Craig,
Please find attached the service history for the Ranger Ute that you inquired about on Gum Tree the night before last.
There are interior pictures in the Gum Tree advertisement, is there anything in particular that you want shown in the interior.
I will get the VIN off the VIN plate tonight and forward to you.
As for price $12,500 is the lowest i will go before i start removing items from the sale like the canopy, aftermarket chip, and cruise control.
Thanks
Dale

Definite Scam... They often cruise and bulk hit Carsales adverts.

They then say that they are out of state and will have a transport company pick up the car.

They send the payment via paypal or something and then that money is held under order by them.

They put the hold and say that once they have a receipt from transport that the car has been picked up that they will then notify Paypal.

And here is the Scam... You can see the money in your Paypal account waiting to clear (so you think all is good) but they then say to Paypal that they never received the receipt of pickup and as such do not know who picked up your car. They stop the transfer and your car has already driven up the road on some transport that they have arranged as part of the scam.

They tried it on my 33 a few weeks ago. Reported it to Carsales and they have now blocked the email address. The one used for mine was [email protected]

Hi Guys, Sorry to interupt.

My OP6 Turbo failed on sunday (seized) R34 GTT. I was lazy and got a local workshop to pull it off and was advised to get it Highflowed.

Not having much experience outside of my 32GTR I let them handle it. (Before reading the Hypergear thread :( in F.I )

Short story they had sent it the same arvo to Adelaide Turbo Services (ATS) before I could advise to send to Hypergear.

Oh well didn't know better or expect such speedy service.

Just wanting to know the good, bad & ugly if any one has used or heard of them please.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Sinista32

ATS will be fine, they use a garrett ball bearing core instead of the journal that Stao uses, so the price will reflect that. I would imagine if your keeping standard front and rear housings its getting hiflowed to 2871 spec, will make a lazy 250-260 with supporting mods.

Dale, all you need to register a car and transfer ownership these days is a VIN and a receipt (you don't need rego papers).......he's got your VIN and probably a nice fake receipt now.

Hopefully he isn't able to get owner details from the VIN, i.e. your name and address to be able to complete the receipt.....without that you're pretty safe.

Cash or Bank Cheque buddy!!

Thanks Ben :thumbsup: appreciate the reply mate.

ATS will be fine, they use a garrett ball bearing core instead of the journal that Stao uses, so the price will reflect that. I would imagine if your keeping standard front and rear housings its getting hiflowed to 2871 spec, will make a lazy 250-260 with supporting mods.

Likely grab a Z32, Nistune, injectors and perhaps upgrade fuel pump so I can make use of the extra killerwasps

Already got the FMIC, Splitfires, Xzorst.

As it's my daily Auto wont go too wild or the Trans will be off to MV's

Edit: Likely see some of you guys at the Nats in my 32

Edited by Sinista32