SAU Community

Project ; Rev210 Fit At 40

rev210

March progress pics (taken with the galaxy note). I have lots of work to do, lost some weight but, my commitment hasn't been that great. So it needs to go up alot.

Hopefully I can do better before May.

davemarch.jpg

dave2march.jpg

Edited by rev210

12yrs ago training hard for reference where I am today (muscle strength I have today is mostly legacy from then) . 440kg warm up set on the hack squat machine, real set was 520kg for 3-5reps. I am no where near as strong in my legs today. I squated 250kg for reps back then.

Like to get back to the strength level.

hacksquat440kg.jpg

Edited by rev210

afternoon workout to finish .

pushups consecutive ( strict no pauses) + superset dips (strict full range no pauses)

50 pushups

45 dips

50 pushups

10 dips

Totally smashed now .... beer tempting me...must resist....

Even when I thought I was a hero I wasn't that strong, granted I have a light frame but still. Have you always been naturally strong? How tall are you etc.

No homo, just curious as I watched that 105kg military press video and my eyes almost fell out.

Edited by ActionDan

192cm tall.

Strength training is the key. I have some genetic potential for sure (good at sports etc). However, I did some specific tecniques back then that gave me the basis for what I have left.

The training is hard not because of volume but, because there is very little and huge rest periods. Both when at the gym between movements and also sometimes I wouldn't train for 2 weeks (at all no body splits nothing)

I was a skinny dude growing up. I am not sporting a huge frame.

That's pretty tall for back when you would have been growing up, no offense My point being that heights seem to be increasing on average these days.

And yeah I was skinny as well, 65kg when I left high school then embarked on an 18mth mission an got up to 95kg.

Interesting approach. I got stronger and bigger back then, no doubt, but not to those levels, clearly wasn't doing it right.

That's pretty tall for back when you would have been growing up, no offense My point being that heights seem to be increasing on average these days.

And yeah I was skinny as well, 65kg when I left high school then embarked on an 18mth mission an got up to 95kg.

Interesting approach. I got stronger and bigger back then, no doubt, but not to those levels, clearly wasn't doing it right.

I was almost 30 then. I was in 80 something kilo range.

the training program was geared to power and strength.

Years later I was at my biggest around 112 kg from memory and then later 103 but, very lean. That required lots and lots of food all the time and wasn't that enjoyable for me. Being 112 and with a bit more fat, I remember going to Tahiti and having a go with the strongmen on volcanic rock lifts (pick them up and stick them on the shoulder to get the 'good lift'). I had drank a stack of Hinano beers and managed to keep up with them and matched their biggest guy on the largest rock (snick under 400lbs from memory) Not really using the technique that was clearly a good idea , I was very sore the next day ha ha...

I think back on that and can see why strongman events might interest me. then again they stuff your body up too from what I gather ha ha..

The rocks are tricky. When I had the largest one I think they were concerned as I was going to fall over (a well founded fear as my table had many empty beer bottles on it). I will admit that a few blokes were helping to stop me falling over on the biggest rock. They aren't as smooth as they look, they are rough and scratch the crap out of you.

this is what they were doing. In a skirt mind you.....

Tahiti-Heiva-Traditional-Sports-10.jpg

lift complete.

Tahiti-Heiva-Traditional-Sports-11.jpg

Edited by rev210

• 2 months later...

Aproaching D-day for the 40 goal but, it's turning into a longer term thing (fit in the 40th year?). I had some big set backs since I last posted started getting in the way. It's a learning thing as you try to get stronger mentally against the 'excuses'.

My job pressure took all my momentum out till the other day I handed my notice in. It's still just an excuse that I need to learn to remove from looking after my fitness goals. I am slowly getting back on track but, the lack of eating (skipping meals to get work done) has taken a toll. I don't think I have gone too far backwards in physique but, strength is down and so is flexibillity.

I tested my self yesterday with some push ups. A few sets with about 45-60 sec rests and then an all out (managed 70 pushups in a row). The baseline of 70 seems ok. I do these strict. I should try to get 100 out in a row.

* 26 reps

* 26 reps

* 33 reps

* Scapular pushups 20 reps

* 70 reps

Edited by rev210