SAU Community

Gtr Attesa Ets Actuator

I'm looking for info on the actuator that has the built in preload adjuster for the clutch actuation shaft. I have seen them and wondered what advantage there was to running one. I was also wondering if there was a difference between model years, R32, R33, R34. I've read that there is an upgrade to the stock one in that it reacts faster and applies more force at lock up.

Thanks

Mike

As you know the R32 GTR has no preload and the R33 GTR has some, but the 32/33 gtr gearbox/transfer case etc are exactly the same, ie. I;ve got a R32 gtr box in my R33 atm and everything is the same,,, ditto with the hydraulics aside from failsafe valve and A-LSD solenoid, the pre-load you speak of is completely controlled by the ETS computer.

for example, I can adjust/control the pre-load through my Full Race ETS controller.

So I'm not sure what preload adjuster you have seen...?

I know exactly what your referring to as I actually do the modifications to the actuators.

The actuator is modified so you can adjust the preload on the actual wet clutch pack inside the transfer case instead if relying on the atessa system to maintain residual line pressure.

The r33 clutch pack is slightly different internally.

A modified actuator lets you increase the minimum load on the clutch packs and decrease the lag time as the atessa system solonoid opens. It won't make the system react faster to sensor inputs.

I know exactly what your referring to as I actually do the modifications to the actuators.

The actuator is modified so you can adjust the preload on the actual wet clutch pack inside the transfer case instead if relying on the atessa system to maintain residual line pressure.

The r33 clutch pack is slightly different internally.

A modified actuator lets you increase the minimum load on the clutch packs and decrease the lag time as the atessa system solonoid opens. It won't make the system react faster to sensor inputs.

What do you usually require to do this modification, the whole car ?>

No it doesn't lock the clutch pack tighter. If you do that you'll end up winding the transfer case up and smashing it to bits. Once the clutches are engaged that's it.

The modification to the actuator holds an adjustable amount of preload onto the actual clutch packs that is usually "free play" which the atessa hydraulic unit needs to take up before the awd will engage.

No don't require the car at all to do the modification. Just the transfer case actuator, push rod and about half hour on the phone to explain the setup procedure so it doesn't result in a smashed transfer case.