SAU Community

Wta 2013 Discussion

GTR32G

Hey guys, been in contact with scott and Ian to clear up the front splitter rule in open class. Im not sure on the rules for clubsprint and how it affects you guys. Thought I'd post this for all of us as not only were we unsure, it seems many teams have a different interpretation of the rule, Scott helped write the rules and still waiting back from Ian but Scott has responded below with a quick document to try and clear it up. It's not official yet but as the rules currently stand the pictures show what is allowed under current rules by Scott's interpretation.

Scott's response regarding front splitter, cut and pasted.

I spoke with Ian yesterday and sent him an email last night re a few

> changes I think we need to make but as yet haven't documented these for him.

> This rule is one of them.

> I'll put together a quick document now outlining the rule as it currently

> sits and the proposed simple change I'd like to see.

>

The first two pages show what is currently legal. This is a direct translation of the vehicle profile forward up to a maximum of 150mm. The second page also include allowances for a winglet/canard as part of the splitter plate. I would deem this to also be legal.

Page three shows the result of allowing the 150mm to be measured in any direction. This is currently illegal.

Page 4 shows my proposed change, allowing the splitter to be blended into the winglet section and making it easier to measure and check for all involved. This should make the rule easier for all to understand.

> Best regards,

>

> Scott Beeton

post-19978-0-58389900-1375494259_thumb.jpgpost-19978-0-22716000-1375494280_thumb.jpgpost-19978-0-33432700-1375494294_thumb.jpgpost-19978-0-83785000-1375494308_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was driving through Goulburn this morning when I spotted a car on a tow truck....looked closer and saw bits flapping, hammerhead front spoiler, aluminium side skirts....this could only be a superlap car heading to wakie for some testing

superlap.jpg

not sure who it is, but it looks pretty serious. all c/f and lexen as far as I can see.

• Like 1

Was driving through Goulburn this morning when I spotted a car on a tow truck....looked closer and saw bits flapping, hammerhead front spoiler, aluminium side skirts....this could only be a superlap car heading to wakie for some testing

superlap.jpg

not sure who it is, but it looks pretty serious. all c/f and lexen as far as I can see.

That would be the pulse evo

• 3 weeks later...

Very weird for me not to be rushed leading up to this event. First time in 4 years I've been going to WTAC relaxed haha!! Can't wait to see you guys run around! Not looking forward to seeing my result from last year get smashed by even more cars haha! I know it's going to be hard watching!

Rushed is a understatement lol

Is good to see the event as a spectator ONCE only my friend :)

Very weird for me not to be rushed leading up to this event. First time in 4 years I've been going to WTAC relaxed haha!! Can't wait to see you guys run around! Not looking forward to seeing my result from last year get smashed by even more cars haha! I know it's going to be hard watching!

• Like 1