SAU Community

Beware "all Imports Aus / Sports Auto Group

Hi All,

This dealership sold me an unroadworthy S15 spec R, which turn out to be a complete rust bucket. If you're dead set on buying a vehicle from be sure to get an independant inspect prior to buying as i dont want anyone else to be dupped by these guys.

"Used passenger cars over 10 years old or with over 160,000km and commercial vehicles do not have a statutory or a manufacturer's warranty, they just have to be roadworthy" you could argue that with an independant assessment as long as you haven't left it too long

In hind sight I should of got the car inspected before purchasing it and now I am paying the price, RAA in SA has condemned the vehicle as chasis has severe rust issues. I have made a formal complaint to the NSW Far Trade, hopefully they can help.

I feel for you Bob, but as you have said you should've had the car checked..

or

A search on here or even google would've saved you the heartache..

I wish you luck with your new battle

Noy

This sort of shit boils my blood.

To think that these crooks can not only rob a person of their hard earned (or borrwed) cash and think they can get away with it, but also endanger the life of someone who is paying them to do so.

Because thats what it comes down to at the end of the day.

Selling an unroadworthy car to an unsuspecting buyer, is like handing them a time bomb with no timer. You dont know when it will go all pear shaped.