SAU Community

Deadlift Challenge

TTT

Rules:

• No bouncing - Each rep is to come to a stop on the floor
  • No free falling - Each rep must be lowered to the floor in a controlled fashion - ie no lifting, then slamming it down
  • Belt use is ok
  • No straps
  • No gloves
  • Must be filmed - side on so we don't have to stare at your arse
  • Weight = 100kg - Yes that includes the bar you weirdos
  • Use at least 1 standard sized 20kg plate per side so the height from the ground is roughly the same for all
  • All reps are to be completed in one set
  • No swapping grip - if you start with a double overhand grip, that's your own silly mistake
  • No long rests between reps - Understand that in the upper range of reps you might take 3 breaths down the bottom before attempting another rep, that's fine, make them quick and do the next rep - no taking a smoko while your down there.
  • No Hitching - where you lift the weight to just above the knee, then kind of lean on your thighs and jerk it up instead of a smooth constant lift
  • No bar dip - where you are so tired and you get to a point where the bar stops moving upwards and kind of goes down a little before super powers allow you to pull harder
  • You can deadlift using conventional, sumo, stiff legged or whatever you want.

Winner gets to choose next event.

You can have multiple attempts

You have till End of January to upload your best effort.

Anything I've missed?

Perhaps to cover the 2 ladies we have who might want to play we can make it 60kg for the girls? ie the lightest we can make it to have the bar start at the right height.

Edited by TTT

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might try it, without video, LOL. (null & void I know, but hey, I dont do "selfies")

Will have to go SL-style while wearing full lockable knee braces. Good motivation to pickup - no pun intended - deadlifts again.

edit: ^ females @ 60kg. males @ 100kg. Maximum amount of reps. fact is the lighter guys should have it easier with future challenges, such as dips.

100 kg including bar?

Are you f**king serious?

Great idea but I really think it should be done at a % of bodyweight. The bigger and heavier guys clearly have an advantage and this clearly excludes most females (unless they train at PTC!).

There are 2 females here.

and I also stated that if they want to to it they can use 60kg

If you want to make the next challenge a % of body weight, that is fine.

All you have to do is win this one.

K go!

Lifting the 100kgs will be the easy part.

Its holding on thats the tricky part.

Your hands will give out before your back does. Good ol' lactic acid.

Sounds good mate.

now you just have to win this one to make it so.. :D

Dick. haha. I'll give it a shot tonight, but given how I feel right now I'm not sure it'll go too well :P deadlifts are first up though, so who knows. Unfortunately I know I can't WIN this round given I couldn't match Joey's effort, however bodyweight considered I'll do pretty damn well.

Go Troy! :)

:D haha thanks Leesh!

Weighted for sure!!

Let's get deading

Why weighted? haha. If it's a set increase in weight, I'll still do awesome. PB from what I can remember was 10 reps @ +35kg

you wanted rules I gave you rules.

quit your crying and start the lifting.

Leesh - considering you make up 50% of the female pop here and if you are willing to give the challenge a go and want to keep lady hands, then use gloves.