SAU Community

Deadlift Challenge

TTT

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some should be excluded though, yourself, Nick and Simon. No one on here will beat Ghosty at this challenge, or most challenges

No one is excluded.., "most challenges" hey.. I'm sure I can think a few challenges that wouldn't be so one sided.... Apparently

Only problem is im a sook and my hands get rooted from work as a cabinet maker/installer so i use wraps to ease the pain and damage. Otherwise id do it, as its deads day for me today.

Only problem is im a sook and my hands get rooted from work as a cabinet maker/installer so i use wraps to ease the pain and damage. Otherwise id do it, as its deads day for me today.

if I could edit the original post I'd add those excuses next to the coil pack issues.

says the guy who also says "not competing yet till I get a little stronger"

lol

It was more to do with the first doable novice comp being around April/May - incidentally enough time to gain some strength. I'll compete anyway, I just hope to be stronger by then.

too much bitching in here. Either do the lift or shut the f up.

It's not a powerlifting comp ffs, it's just a bit of fun to get people more involved/competitive.

I'll put up a vid tomorrow

agreed... I'll have a go next time I'm deadlifting at PTC

Sounds like fun! I don't really care about the winning part. Any challenge can be applied against yourself.

Hard choice on the percentage vs standard weight because.... Well I have put on weight since I started gym and most of it is fat weight. Anyway!

I'm cool without gloves but is chalky chalk ok?

chalk is always welcome

Might have to look into this more.

I currently weigh in at 84kg ,

Was zapped today from heat, no excuse though i thought i preped before gym well. I believe there is plenty of room for improvement on that effort. I will see if i can get a video tomorrow when little less busy.

So is this a 1.5x bodyweight or 100kg? was it decided?

My deads today included a set of 145kg for 12 reps. @ 96.5kg. My first deads in a very very long time....

I think I'd like to do 20 or so reps of 145kg before the end of Jan, hopefully I can vid the success in the next week or so.