SAU Community

Deadlift Challenge

TTT

I told the guys in the gym about this challenge, they think its a great idea, getting you guys deadlifting.

No non members are eligible obviously, but theyre having there own little comp in here

Martin went 227.5kg x 10 @80kg body weight

I have vids but I wont put them up here unless you guys want to see them

Obviously no one here is going to do 1.5 x bw for max reps.

I think Nina is going to have a crack at 100kg for max reps tomorrow, she weighs 59kg. I'd be surprised if she doesnt get 20 reps

Keep going fellas, good to see you guys deadlifting

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a great idea, getting you guys deadlifting.

Yep.. this was the whole point.

The back pump they get will make all the "pump" addicts doing the big lifts more.

Unless Birds win.. then we'll be back to taking car window reflection selfies.

Pretty sure the only people attempting this challenge already deadlift, but it's still good exercise and goal setting nonetheless.

As much as I'd like Skyline window selfies for reps...in the off chance I win...the next challenge will be 50% overhead press or 1x bodyweight bench :D

Did a test today, didn't want to push it as I'm still adjusting my form so would rather someone there to make sure I don't f**k anything.

Got 20 out @ 65kg with gloves. May have taked a little long in between reps, was max 2 seconds I think. Could have definitely done more but as the above states, would rather not push it. Will try proper without gloves next week, and maybe not at the end of a workout.

As I was leaving the gym one of the girls working there started chatting saying how impressed she was with my lifting, did I compete blah blah blah. Then she says 'you were lifting, like, 40kg!'. Me: -_-Uu obviously looking at the plates only. And I didn't understand the awe 65 seems baby to me especially since I'm only a month in :/

And just watched your vid Simon, awesome!

I like the pretty colours of the weights, reminds me of that candy that came in bracelets and necklaces that you could eat. Nom!

Edited by JEPPE

I judge Simon harshly because he deadlifted 240kg@78kg in my gym

His effort is so poor, by our standards, and he knows this, that my 59kg wife would smash his 25 rep effort with 150% bodyweight (90kg x 25)

He was once the strongest guy in my gym, now would get beaten by the women

I'm not judging anyone else on here, but he's one of mine

Failed hard at this tonight...120kg for 6 reps before my grip gave way. Will do deads at the start of my next sesh for the filmed attempt. On the plus side, I'm up to 165kg for the 1RM.