SAU Community

Deadlift Challenge

TTT

They all started as novices, its just the programming we do, its constant improvement, anyone would improve in that enviroment, PTC Brisbane is the same.

Sign on my wall says

F U C K your excuses

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only thought to video the last set of 20... doh. 145kg (assume skinny bar weighs 5kg) for 17 reps I think. This was at the end of todays back workout. I think 40 or so will be do-able if I go lower on my hip position, to make it easy. Only sky high with my hip postiion on this one to hit my lower back more the weight I find a bit dinky/light (I can't stick much more on the home gym bar)

sunnies fell off , Mr Wippy van music / mixed with ministry just one fix...distracting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBUni5XR_A

Edited by rev210

What's this resting rubbish?

C'mon the rests are fine, 3 breaths according to the rules. If you were being picky it would be the bouncing for most of the reps, which are against the original 'rules' . But, since they have changed to 1.5 BW anyway and it's still a fricken awesome effort (best so far by a long way) I reckon we can overlook that.

Besides , if anyone wants to try and better his effort we can look the other way on some bouncing as I doubt we are going to have too many people hitting more than 30 reps even with a little bouncing...

Edited by rev210

Haha nice. That's only...27 more than me lol. I know you said he hates doing more than 10 reps, but what did he think of the exercise after that? Leave him more buggered than 1RMing? I find DOMS is much worse the next day after I've done something for low weight / high reps, that I normally do for high weight/ low reps...not sure if it's because I've worn down the muscle more, or because I'm doing something different to what I normally do...

C'mon the rests are fine, 3 breaths according to the rules. If you were being picky it would be the bouncing for most of the reps, which are against the original 'rules' . But, since they have changed to 1.5 BW anyway and it's still a fricken awesome effort (best so far by a long way) I reckon we can overlook that.

Besides , if anyone wants to try and better his effort we can look the other way on some bouncing as I doubt we are going to have too many people hitting more than 30 reps even with a little bouncing...

so was lowering the weight under control.. buy hey why have rules

and how the hell do you upload videos from the your PC?

Martins vid is NOT INCLUDED in this comp, he's not a member anyway.

Martin trains 7 x week, he doesnt get doms.

This was after his session had finished, so he did nothing else anyway.

When I say he doesnt like reps, he still benched 50kg DB's x 10 before this etc and he has done 2.8 x bw deads for 10 reps (227.5kg@80kg), its just for his purpose 5's and less are best.

He front squats 145kg x 3 and strict MP 90kg as well, its not just the big 3 he does

I'm going to do a deadlift challenge on my ProRaw forum

Men - 2.5 x bw max reps

Women - 2 x bw max reps

Keeps those vids coming

so was lowering the weight under control.. buy hey why have rules

Shhhh.... saying stuff like that will just have him do it again and likely he will do more reps making it even harder for anyone to catch it. Don't make Markos drag more of his guys into this ha ha..

Edited by rev210

Joe, when Tolga said lowering the weight controlled, seeing Tolga is a PL, pretty sure he meant PL rules, which Martin did 100% correctly

If I interpreted Tolga incorrectly, I apologize

He's not in the comp you stooges.

Markos mentioned it at his gym and all the highly competetive ones gave it a crack.

so who do we have?

Troy - 14

Rev210 - 20 (or was it 17 on that vid?)

any other vide evidence?

Joe, when Tolga said lowering the weight controlled, seeing Tolga is a PL, pretty sure he meant PL rules, which Martin did 100% correctly

If I interpreted Tolga incorrectly, I apologize

Nah that's exactly what I meant.

Martins vid is NOT INCLUDED in this comp, he's not a member anyway.

Martin trains 7 x week, he doesnt get doms.

This was after his session had finished, so he did nothing else anyway.

When I say he doesnt like reps, he still benched 50kg DB's x 10 before this etc and he has done 2.8 x bw deads for 10 reps (227.5kg@80kg), its just for his purpose 5's and less are best.

He front squats 145kg x 3 and strict MP 90kg as well, its not just the big 3 he does

I'm going to do a deadlift challenge on my ProRaw forum

Men - 2.5 x bw max reps

Women - 2 x bw max reps

Keeps those vids coming

Martin is an impressive fellow. He's certainly got some dedication to lifting there. Glad he's not included now ha ha... but, great inspiration for people to give it a good go.

2.5x BW deads for reps ..... feel the burn