SAU Community

V36 Band Expander Install Guide

30ONA

• 2 months later...

On my radio for I think it is 79.3FM it says "Radio 80", rather than just saying 79.3 again. Does anyone know how to enter text for each station, would be nice to change it to "Triple J" or "99.3" and alike for each station, if it isn't too hard to do.

(I have searched...)

• 3 years later...
On 6/9/2013 at 9:39 AM, 30ONA said:

SO I bought another band expander this time with a power wire. Connected the power wire to the violet cable on one of the hard drive harnesses that showed 12v when ACC on. Check with multi meter and there was power to the band expander when acc on. Put it all back together and I have no radio signal at all.

Please help.

Hi,

You mention you bought another expander with a power wire.  Were you not happy with the one you got from synergy?  I'm looking at doing it soon and can only find the synergy type.

Can you tell me brand name, part number where you got it from?

Thanks

Frank

• 3 months later...

For what its worth for any one reading this, I bit the bullet and bought the band expander from Sinergy.  It was a simple plug and play exercise and took approx 30mins or so.  I can say it works fine and where the band expander in my PM35 struggles to pick up a station, (on FM) the one in my V36 excels,  I live approx 30km from Adelaide CBD and what could be classed as in the foothills so that always played havoc in my PM35 until I started driving towards the CBD.

• 7 months later...

HI All,

I have a 2008 V36 and purchased a radio band expander from Sinergy. Went to fit it (Jap Bose system with navigation) and it appears as if the plugs are different. Can anyone tell me whether the plugs are different for the 2008 as opposed to 2009+ models before I pull the whole radio out again :( I would also very much appreciate any further advice on whether there is a need to add the power wire to the connection; as indicated earlier in this thread. Many thanks