SAU Community

Your Detailing Results - Picture Thread

Spent a whole weekend on this one - my mates Euro. Got a free unreg N14 Pulsar for my efforts :cool:

AccordBeforeandAfter.png

thats great..i did this Audi few weeks back...there wasnt any sun on the day to get a decent shot, it wasnt as bad as that honda was but there was alot of swirling and not alot of depth in the finish...it definately come up better....

audi006_zps0e4977d9.jpg

Back to Nissan! Here is a couple of pix from today, my 250 getting some lovin'

Quarter panel after polishing, with a crapload of dust on the bootlid:

QuarterPanel.jpg

Headlight before and after, same pad and polish as the rest of the car:

SkylineHeadlight.jpg

Outside after a coat of Jetseal 109, just before my arms fell off and I gave up for the day. To be continued tomorrow after work...

Outside.jpg

First time I've polished it since owning it, owned it for about 2 months. Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo & Autoglym Deep Shine polish were used. Turned out pretty good for a 1st attempt I think. Will wax it using Autoglym product next time, or any suggestions as to what Wax I should use? Thankspost-109055-0-11566400-1363596703_thumb.jpgpost-109055-0-10217500-1363596763_thumb.jpg

Detailed a Porsche Panamera Turbo.

An Amazing Car. It was a US import and had a lot of fall out on the car and poor maintenance of the paint.

Didnt get any good shots pre detail due to it belting with rain and iphone poor quality.

Process:

Foam Wash

Wheel Treatment

Clay Bar

2.5 Stage Polish

- IP2000 Purple Pad

- IP2000 White Pad

- SF4000 Blue Pad

AMMO Skin Sealant

AMMO Creme

Huge thanks to the guys at RDA for giving me the opertunity to detail such an amazing car. Check out their web site for all your brake needs.

post-11799-0-60004700-1364173382_thumb.jpg

post-11799-0-11659700-1364173391_thumb.jpg

post-11799-0-49529800-1364173419_thumb.jpg

post-11799-0-87502900-1364173437_thumb.jpg

love your work as always Matt :thumbsup:

I did an old Saab today...I wont lie this thing had amazing duco on it already but it was badly scratched, no doubt from bad washing procedures...

only had a few hours with it unfortunately so a 2 stage polish and wax was all I could do..

DSC05738_zpsf81dd9be.jpgDSC05747_zpsbf736cd6.jpgDSC05740_zpseb133cb4.jpg

I did have a brief ponder about buying a four door SAAB a couple of months ago before getting the 35. Especially with the prices going low now... but love my Nissans too much

Here is some beadage after a wash today, its wearing a three month old coat of Optimum Spray Wax

IMG_20130329_184252.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Blemishes and swirls on my Ford POS (AU Wagon) front LHS fender

IMG_1703_zpsf0f4cd37.jpg

IMG_1706_zps79f53b8a.jpg

Waxed with Eagle One Nanowax and then waxed again with Mother cuts and polish and then lightly buffed - overall time took under 30 mins to do.

Edited by Ants

.nah wasnt that....its the wax then cut then polish...seems kind of backwards....looks alright though...:rofl:

Yes that's accurate.

Was still having a dumb moment..... It was a trial and error.

so you're saying you removed the wax with the cut and polish :P

Yeah totally :P Edited by Ants

• 2 weeks later...

quick pic of my latest assignment....anyone thats detailed one of these will know what a huge job it is...

was all scratched up from auto car washes, I spent a whole day just on paint and wheels, could of easily spent another day too..

I'm pretty happy with the results though

blacjak3_zps236ae712.png

and at last after about 30 cars later my Concourse 900 buff died ...I'm gunna miss it :(

Arts awesome effort on the 300 they are a HUGE car!!

And even harder in black Great results!

Top work on getting a completed photo as well. Mine were all taken nearing darkness as the car took so long to complete!