SAU Community

Mph Vs Power

sky30

No Point in starting a new thread so I might as well use this one.

I ran at Calder on Friday night and the best I could manage was consistent 12.6's on shitty tyres and old tien coilovers that are as hard as a rock. MPH averaged between 108 and 112.

My car has dyno'd at 325 rwkw and it's a full weight 32 GTR.

What are peoples opinions on the low MPH?

I'm considering stick it back on the dyno and maybe checking for some boost leaks?

I would simply say the dyno is reading high to begin with and if there is a boost leak that the tuner didnt pick up on dont go back there. How much boost were they using to make 325rwkw? and what turbo's? built or stock engine?

I have a mate that has that much power and runs 11.3 at around 128mph so there is most certainly something not right with what your saying

Well the car was dyno'd around 18 months ago so anything could have happened between now n then.

The car is running 20psi on -7s with a built motor.

Either your mate has a completely stripped car or he's making more than 325rwkw in a r32 gtr to run 128mph.

complete car, no stripping of anything at all, not even the ppare wheel. The car drove to the track, ran on Bob Jane All Rounders, and drove home :)

Only internal mod is some Tomei drop in cams and cam gears. Daniel has had heaps of runs and knows how to get the thing off the line

Here it is a many years ago, pre cams, against a 32 i helped build that made 460rwkw. Skip through to about 6mins 45, its the one that does the burnout

Edited by ido09s

No Point in starting a new thread so I might as well use this one.

I ran at Calder on Friday night and the best I could manage was consistent 12.6's on shitty tyres and old tien coilovers that are as hard as a rock. MPH averaged between 108 and 112.

My car has dyno'd at 325 rwkw and it's a full weight 32 GTR.

What are peoples opinions on the low MPH?

I'm considering stick it back on the dyno and maybe checking for some boost leaks?

That does seem low mate, the MPH that is. I would have thought at least 118 to 120 and into the 11s with 325rwkw.

Is it a hub dyno or roller? Can you do a power run elsewhere to get a sense check?

It is low and the car does feel a bit sluggish with the foot down.

It was dyno'd at Racepace so roller. I guess I could take it to another dyno but I think I need to find out what the issue is first.

M&H Race masters, 245/45/R17

They are a bit old and I think that new fatter Tyres would help get the times down, as I had to be gentle to get it out if the hole, but ill definitely be back to have a crack at a better number :)

• 3 months later...

this is what my r32 gtst with a home built rb26/30det t78 turbo and a chipped ecu rb20det box two

street tyres street driven and my daily 386rwhp 14psi

did a 13.4 at 111mph with wheel spin and no lunch

Edited by r32_rb30det