SAU Community

Mph Vs Power

sky30

Update, same setup, but @

2.45 bar making somewhere in the low to mid 800hp range

10.095 @146.5 mph full interiors including rear seats carpets and a cage.

Will try and get down again soon as I'm still playing with setup.

post-66887-14297816470839_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have an S14 that makes 485rwkw on Unigroups dyno and I run consistant 138mph. Shame it only runs 1.9 60 footers..... running low 11's @ 138 sucks big time!!!!!

Just goes to show how confusing/inaccurate dynos can be

I have an S14 that makes 485rwkw on Unigroups dyno and I run consistant 138mph. Shame it only runs 1.9 60 footers..... running low 11's @ 138 sucks big time!!!!!

Just goes to show how confusing/inaccurate dynos can be

what engine combo are you running?

Maybe, @stealthfoz dynos are all different..

Not too worried as it's not a race car only diference to run down is ET streets rather than the nt05's.

What setup is the s13?

Should be a pretty big weight difference?

Auto/stock manual/something else?

I've Still only done 2 full runs, just with a stock 33 box, maybe I'm also a shit driver haha

other run was 10.4 @ 143, still haven't gone full boost in any gear, nearly full boost in 4th but I've got it pulled out of other gears for traction, will be putting more boost into 2-3-4th gears next time, but I'm happy with 1st with the 1.4 60'

Not too worried as it's not a race car only diference to run down is ET streets rather than the nt05's.

What setup is the s13?

I've Still only done 2 full runs, just with a stock 33 box, maybe I'm also a shit driver haha

other run was 10.4 @ 143, still haven't gone full boost in any gear, nearly full boost in 4th but I've got it pulled out of other gears for traction, will be putting more boost into 2-3-4th gears next time, but I'm happy with 1st with the 1.4 60'

mine weighs 1300kg, manual. rb25/30.

its got an RB26 in it stealthfoz.

Everyone seems to think having a manual box and ET Streets is a big reason for not getting the et down but there are plenty of people who can do it so don't know why this car wont. I would love to have Royce's 60 foot time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^whats the clutch like?

The more i watch mates race. The more i think that anything more than

A big single plate may shock the tyre to much and you need that slip

To get the car to roll out a few ft before smashing the tyre

I know radials are a lot worse for that aswell

• 2 weeks later...

^whats the clutch like?

The more i watch mates race. The more i think that anything more than

A big single plate may shock the tyre to much and you need that slip

To get the car to roll out a few ft before smashing the tyre

I know radials are a lot worse for that aswell

I would agree with that darren, ive stuck with a single plate for that reason, also bit lest shock for the gearbox, so they last longer.

Mine is a orc 559D twin plate.

Obviously it's angryish, but being sprung center it doesn't shock too much, and it seems to work, considering the 1.4 60' and it's still on old tein street coilovers.

• 4 weeks later...

its got an RB26 in it stealthfoz.

Everyone seems to think having a manual box and ET Streets is a big reason for not getting the et down but there are plenty of people who can do it so don't know why this car wont. I would love to have Royce's 60 foot time

I'll drive it if you like. ;-)

• 11 months later...

What setup is the s13?

You still on a stock bottom end??

• 7 months later...

Im currently sitting in the ~420kw bracket (same dyno as royce) with an r33 gtst so for argument sake say 1450kgs.. so in theory i should be running 130/135mph? I havent taken the car to the motorplex yet as i need to sort the diff and shafts out first but im very keen to have a shot and back up the figure hopefully.

Surely torque has alot to do with the MPH.. a 400kw 25 would run slower then a 400kw 30 would it not?

Even a 100kg difference between cars would have to have quite a toll on the MPH surely.

Edited by azzada1

• 1 month later...

what are people's thoughts on the impact on the 1/4 MPH when comparing the 32 GTR with a 33/34 GTR.

500kw on a 32 would give you 140mph, however the 33/34 have another ~100kgs on the 32.

From some calculators online, it seem the MPH would be 3-4 miles lower on a 33/34 GTR with the exact same setup as a result of the additional weight.

Partially explains why all the fastest street GTRs are 32s...

• Like 1

I think weight is often over looked for sake of tugging over dyno figures.. Doesnt matter if your car is 2000kgs and 500kw if its not running 140mph alot of people will still just call BS on the figure and not even think to consider weight.. I recall afew years back mercury motorsports being criticised about there dyno figures because nitto (34) wasn't running as high mph as some r32 gtrs with similar power... in realitly it was a full weight road car with a cage lol.. 

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Taha said:

Hi made 554 rwkw 6466 gen2  32went 10.4 @140.7mph  on a  1.8360foot was happy with mph

Done  a 1.52 60 foot snapped rear left shaft was really chasing a 9 on stock bottom end 

Tuned at jem 

IMG_2675.jpg

i did exactly the same. i lowered rear tyre pressure to 14 and Adam turned up the 2step. next launch snapped the rear shaft.

2 hours ago, Taha said:

My Speedo cable was out  so no 2 step was shattered after I did 1.52 60  as I'm on bought time with the stock box

What clutch are you running  usmair

OS GIKEN triple plate at the time.

Have now upgraded to a quad plate as a result of a misdiagnosis.

I've got a 6 speed GETRAG though