SAU Community

Oil Pressure Reading Is Wrong R33 Gtr?

BCNR33GT-R

Hi, I've had abit of a problem with my oil pressure reading being very wrong sometimes.

Its a nismo dash i didnt think i would have a pronlem with gauge but it seems like it is..Any solutions?? Is it a sensor issue or something.cheers

Hot day? Cold day? How much is it jumping etc

Give some accurate details like "It drops to 2kg/cm and sits there for 10 seconds then jumps back up to 5kg/cm"

Will help alot

some times it reads as low as 15 psi pressure even less sometimes, but then when stop and i reboot the car it goes back to normal readings which is about 35=40psi

i think it has to do with some sort of oil pressure sensor maybe, cause theres no way the car would be still alive after something that dramaitc and constant. I know from experience when a gtr lets go..

God_speed (my son) and I once had R33 GTRs and I forget now which one had an oil pressure gauge that was reading low.

It was diagnosed by respected RB technician Alistair at Powerplay (now defunct).

He did say that it wasn't uncommon in the R33 GTR, but I forget whether he said that it was the sensor or the gauge itself. I suspect it's the sensor but I'll ask God_speed tonight.

Standard guage on my r33 gtst is rubbish. I removed sensor and use a autometer one with 32psi pro-lite.

Standard one seemed to be up normal in daytime but with lights on it read almost nothing...

Although it's a Nismo dash I'd hazard that all sensors are left as per standard.

The oil pressure sender is well known for erratic behaviour, especially with the age of these cars.

Nowhere near as easy to replace as on a GTSt that's for sure.

Can be readily sourced from Kudos on this forum.

Not a cheap part though which is why most owners opt for a stand alone aftermarket gauge, similar cost.

• 6 months later...

an after market gauge will just be more accurate. And might not fix your problem, especially if nothing is wrong with your gauge and you actually have an oil pressure problem.

Can you explain how your car is running "sluggish"?

If the oil pressure that is showing on my gauge then my motor would be dead long time ago. This only happens every now n again but it's sticking around longer this time, it was running fine for awhile gave oil change spark plugs and cleaned the afms was running mint but all of a sudden it decides to run shit loss of power and go kind of :/

Edited by Turbo tommy

ok so just replace is. haha another thing i just took car for a drive before my fuel gauge before was half tank and after the busrt it was nothing is there something wrong with the cluster unit its a nismo.