SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit quiet on the car front but first lot of parts have arrived.

Garrett GT2859R-9's (HKS GT-SS's)

P1050537_zps336eb987.jpg

HKS Actuators and all gaskets and parts needed for install

P1050552_zpsda3b7bb3.jpg

Splitfire Coilpacks. No use building a new engine and using the ancient OEM ones.

P1050546_zpsd77855b8.jpg

Nice new OEM Coilpack Harness

P1050550_zpsc9883a67.jpg

Nismo Engine & Transmission Mounts

P1050560_zps81b9a1cd.jpg

Nismo 600cc Injectors (the other 4 are in a box in storage atm)

P1050554_zps3b256f38.jpg

OK, first lot done. After speaking to Chris @Racepace with all the parts here (and the rest coming in the next delivery), I should get around 330rwkw on a safe tune. July can't come quick enough.

P1050569_zpsa194d289.jpg

Just found this build and read through it, fantastic story mate, great to see some long-time owners (fewer and fewer these days)

Only on SAU are there quality R-chassis bulids such as your one, really enjoyed the pictorial updates all the best mate, should be in good hands with Racepace looking after your beast

Edited by squareznboxez

Been a bit quiet on the car front but first lot of parts have arrived.

Garrett GT2859R-9's (HKS GT-SS's)

P1050537_zps336eb987.jpg

HKS Actuators and all gaskets and parts needed for install

P1050552_zpsda3b7bb3.jpg

Splitfire Coilpacks. No use building a new engine and using the ancient OEM ones.

P1050546_zpsd77855b8.jpg

Nice new OEM Coilpack Harness

P1050550_zpsc9883a67.jpg

Nismo Engine & Transmission Mounts

P1050560_zps81b9a1cd.jpg

Nismo 600cc Injectors (the other 4 are in a box in storage atm)

P1050554_zps3b256f38.jpg

OK, first lot done. After speaking to Chris @Racepace with all the parts here (and the rest coming in the next delivery), I should get around 330rwkw on a safe tune. July can't come quick enough.

P1050569_zpsa194d289.jpg

-9s are nice. Been thinking about getting some instead of the -5s as there response are better.

HKS actuators - need to be properly dialed in to ensure waste gate pressure is accurate on each turbo charger (the japanese instructions are not much help, but I have photos of this for mine).

Nismo injectors are really nice - just a shame they do not come in bigger sizes (600cc is there biggest)

Splitfire coils are really worth it - I remember putting on mine a while back (when the car was running) and instantly noticed more grunt and much better fuel economy.

Going to be keen to see more updates :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :)

I decided on the -9's as these turbos are as big as I'd want to go with 2.6L. This way I get decent power with response and a car that's capable of road, motorkhana, twisties and the track. (with minimal lag)

Racepace mentioned that they will be modifying the actuators and turbo's slightly. No other info as it's all their IP I guess.

I will be using 98RON so 600cc should be good for around 350rwkw with this setup but yeah would nice if Nismo made something larger.

The 330rwkw Racepace said the setup should do is at 20psi. Not really worried about how long a set of turbos will last as -9's are only $1200ea.

Some supporting mods are still to come that will be able to get the car tuned to the maximum of what these turbos can do and a whole lot more. Whatever Chris @Racepace recommended that makes more power on this setup and easier to tune has been ordered :)

• 1 month later...

Finally. An update!

Haven't had much time to spend on the car lately but got the final lot of parts.

01-2ndlotofparts_zpsc275ef38.jpg

First off the lot are Nismo AFM's

03NismoAFMs_zpse9987ade.jpg

Nismo Thermostat

04NismoThermostat_zps58681de1.jpg

Tomei Expreme Dump Pipes as recommended by Race Pace.

Shiny!

06ShinyTomeiDumpPipe_zps229d8f84.jpg

08TomeiDump_zps758116a1.jpg

07Tomeidump_zps62c05199.jpg

05TomeiExpremeDumpPipes_zpsc86d090e.jpg

And finally.....

After considering an N1 with upgraded gears, Jun & Nitto Pumps,I decided to go with the Tomei Oil Pump

02TomeiOilPump_zps96ee0b7a.jpg

Annoyingly the parentals want to do some work on their garage so the car will have to be moved to another location till the rebuild, come July.
Thank god for mates with large sheds!

Ohhhhh I just love new performance parts.

Very nice.

Love the Tomei oil pump.

You do realize that you need an oversized sump to match the Tomie oil pump?

• Like 1

Ohhhhh I just love new performance parts.

Very nice.

Love the Tomei oil pump.

You do realize that you need an oversized sump to match the Tomie oil pump?

New parts are fun eh?

The ultimate would need to be your Tomei engine though. That thing is all sorts of win!

Yes, getting a Racepace 8L (or might be 9L?) sump when it goes in for the rebuild :)

New parts are fun eh? Yes, they are.

The ultimate would need to be your Tomei engine though. That thing is all sorts of win! Thanks mate, she is pretty... however I think racepace engines are certainly top quality and have never heard anything bad about them :)

Yes, getting a Racepace 8L (or might be 9L?) sump when it goes in for the rebuild :)

Good, that is peace of mind and reassurance IMHO.

Keep it up man.

Now.... Back to my scotch :P

Edited by Ants

Nice looking build, curious as to why Racepace recommended those Tomei dumps though, given they are smaller than the older generation Tomei dumps, and larger and cheaper options are available ie HPI

Nice looking build, curious as to why Racepace recommended those Tomei dumps though, given they are smaller than the older generation Tomei dumps, and larger and cheaper options are available ie HPI

Was wondering this too

You will love the -9s :)

Might be reaching the higher end of the Nismo 600s, when I had them in my car on 330awkw with -9s injector duty cycle was reaching 87-91%

Now running ID1000s at 55% duty cycle and 350awkw -9s

Was wondering this tooYou will love the -9s :)Might be reaching the higher end of the Nismo 600s, when I had them in my car on 330awkw with -9s injector duty cycle was reaching 87-91%Now running ID1000s at 55% duty cycle and 350awkw -9s

350AWKW with -9s WOW!!!

Great result on that!

I can't remember the exact conversation however they did mention that Tomei are one of the bigger dump pipes out there. I also got them cheaper than the HPI ones.

Can't see them being a restriction with -9's.

Was wondering this too

You will love the -9s :)

Might be reaching the higher end of the Nismo 600s, when I had them in my car on 330awkw with -9s injector duty cycle was reaching 87-91%

Now running ID1000s at 55% duty cycle and 350awkw -9s

350awkw with -9's! Awesome. Is this with 98RON?

I figure the Nismo's will do fine for a while and I will just get them swapped out for ID's if I decide to go down the E85 road (when I make it a strict weekender again)

350awkw with -9's! Awesome. Is this with 98RON?

I figure the Nismo's will do fine for a while and I will just get them swapped out for ID's if I decide to go down the E85 road (when I make it a strict weekender again)

Yep that's on 98, will go E85 once it's more available near me

Looking forward to seeing how this build comes along. Looks great in black and good to see you are getting it back on the road after 7 years.. Cheers, Cale