SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

There is also a Stage 2 and that's a 2.8L (about 14K from memory). Dunno about Stage 3 but i'd say that'd be 3L? I'll ask next time i'm around there.

Yeah from memory the Stage 3 is a RB30DETT or they can replicate the specs of the O.S Giken RB30.

Stage 4 is something like a VQ35DETT or a VK56DETT... Will have to clarify with Chris again.

Hi mate,

yes, Racepace will be doing the work. Going to do it once and get it done right so I can start enjoying the car after all this time.

Hey RBN1!

Looks like things are going well :)

Is Racepace still going to be working on your engine?

Hi mate,

yes, Racepace will be doing the work. Going to do it once and get it done right so I can start enjoying the car after all this time.

Ah yes, great to hear!

Did Chris say when would it be done by?

Yeah for sure, do it once, do it right :)

From memory it takes them around a month to do the motor however my build might be a bit different.

Plan is to drop the long motor plus parts in firstly. Once they get that to a stage where they need the car with the existing motor still in there with cam covers, sump etc, then i'll drop that in and they'll complete the build then drop it in.

They will need to get some additional work done like refit the fuel tank with Nismo fuel pump and remove the old fuel system. Plus the car has been sitting for 7 years so there will be other work that needs to be done. (The poor girl has lost all her fluids over the years, sitting around so seals for diff, brake master etc have perished)

Ah yes, great to hear!

Did Chris say when would it be done by?

Yeah for sure, do it once, do it right :)

From memory it takes them around a month to do the motor however my build might be a bit different.

Yeah, that's about right from what Chris told me, 4 - 5 weeks.

Plan is to drop the long motor plus parts in firstly. Once they get that to a stage where they need the car with the existing motor still in there with cam covers, sump etc, then i'll drop that in and they'll complete the build then drop it in.

They will need to get some additional work done like refit the fuel tank with Nismo fuel pump and remove the old fuel system. Plus the car has been sitting for 7 years so there will be other work that needs to be done. (The poor girl has lost all her fluids over the years, sitting around so seals for diff, brake master etc have perished)

Yeah right, so there is quite a bit that needs to be done.

Similar to my build as I needed extra work done too.

I'd give it a few months at least to be completed...

Yeah, that's about right from what Chris told me, 4 - 5 weeks.

That's pretty good IMO. As I'm experiencing issues and I have a crate engine!

Yeah right, so there is quite a bit that needs to be done.

Similar to my build as I needed extra work done too.

That's sounds about right. As doing a build properly will take time and when you consider all the little replacement parts i.e. hoses, gaskets, seals, filters should be replaced as well for reliability.

Do it once....... Do it right.

Keen to see more progress of on this ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, for sure. I'm a pretty patient guy so after 7 years am going to enjoy the whole rebuild process including getting updates from them :)

For sure, it's a lot of work. Am keen to start posting updates once it's been sent in!

That's sounds about right. As doing a build properly will take time and when you consider all the little replacement parts i.e. hoses, gaskets, seals, filters should be replaced as well for reliability.
Do it once....... Do it right.
Keen to see more progress of on this ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

N1 long motor & all new purchased engine parts & accessories were dropped off at Racepace last weekend.

Also got the buckle on one of my 17" TE37 repaired for $110 so happy with that outcome.

Will post some photo updates when progress on the engine build is made.

• 1 month later...

Motor is back from the machine shop and is being assembled @Racepace now so car is going to go in about 2 weeks time! Will drop in at some stage and take some pics of the motor coming together.

Was getting a bit bored with nothing to do on the car front so got some Bridgestone Potenza RE002's (265 35 18's) onto the TE37's I'm going to use on the road.

IMG_0134_zps1aab33a6.jpg

Am taking them up to test fit shortly so will post some pics tonight.

Well the fit is good. Will need slight lipping of the guards but I already knew that. Fronts have a bit of camber already due to Cusco upper control arms. 18x9.5 +12 (265 35)

IMG_0141_zps096e636f.jpg

IMG_0151_zpsa5a3d5b0.jpg

IMG_0143_zps3b79610e.jpg

Will call up Racepace and see if I can drop the car off in the next two weeks. Otherwise with all this waiting i'll just end up with a third set of rims after I get bored ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, for sure. Looking forward to the next few weeks.

The Mrs bought me a little present the other day

1003747_10151612920257734_546476719_n_zp

Am thinking of sending the cam covers off to Craved Coatings to get them done like this:

IMG_0546.jpg

Looking the goods mate. Next two weeks should be rather exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Racepace delivery day!

Spent most of yesterday sorting out parts to take there. Found this amongst everything.

Do-Luck Floor Brace

IMG_0207_zps960ad62c.jpg

Pulled out of shed and ready for the tow truck. Gave it a quick wash (I think the first in 8 years)

P1070325_zps5ff1ee61.jpg

IMG_0215_zps1af66d5e.jpg

@Racepace.

IMG_0216_zps05f00185.jpg

If you look closely you'll see that the Sparco Seats are now gone. (Sold to a member on here) To be replaced by these. Should prove to be more comfy and they get the Mrs's approval also.

IMG_0219_zpsbf823dc9.jpg

Sure is. I would have payed more attention to what Chris said about it on the day but I was a tad hung over ;)

LOL!

Nice one man!

Racepace delivery day!

Spent most of yesterday sorting out parts to take there. Found this amongst everything.

Do-Luck Floor Brace

IMG_0207_zps960ad62c.jpg

I got on of them too!

Makes the car really rigid.

Pulled out of shed and ready for the tow truck. Gave it a quick wash (I think the first in 8 years)

P1070325_zps5ff1ee61.jpg

Looks clean!

How's the paint work?

Needs a good polish?

IMG_0215_zps1af66d5e.jpg

Jack from City Wide Towing?

@Racepace.

IMG_0216_zps05f00185.jpg

If you look closely you'll see that the Sparco Seats are now gone. (Sold to a member on here) To be replaced by these. Should prove to be more comfy and they get the Mrs's approval also.

IMG_0219_zpsbf823dc9.jpg

R34 GTR seats look nice as!

LOL!

Nice one man!

I got on of them too!

Makes the car really rigid.

Looks clean!

How's the paint work?

Needs a good polish?

Jack from City Wide Towing?

R34 GTR seats look nice as!

Yeah I think I bought the DoLuck brace after I decided to take the full cage out. Was a bit depressed about losing it, as I really like it :)

The paintwork for whatever reason comes out pretty well in photos but it definitely needs work. The roof is probably the worst with some bad bog work near the front and minor leak near the windscreen, followed by the bonnet where the paint is pretty weathered. Rear guards also need to be lipped and the paint fixed up where the wheels have scrubbed. This will all be done after Racepace has finished their part.

Yup, Jack moved the car :) Was good to catchup with him on the day.

The seats are actually off "Racepace" Chris's R33. (Snowman's old seats). I've given them a thorough clean with fabric cleaner since the photo and they've come out really well.

Hopefully go back this Saturday when Chris will take my old engine apart and show me what went wrong. (probably rings)