SAU Community

“Rbn1” R32 Gtr - 7 Years In Storage – Time To Restore And Rebuild.

Wasn't an off the shelf colour. "BD03 Candy Red 2KA solid" is what i have written on the invoice. They made the colour and canned them for me. The cam covers are small enough that you can get away with using cans.

That does look nice. Was it just a rattle can red?

Have you read the last page at all?

Yeah, and nowhere does it say what type of application it was, just that he did it himself . Could have used an air compressor and a gun so I was curious. Thanks for your useful reply though.

Wasn't an off the shelf colour. "BD03 Candy Red 2KA solid" is what i have written on the invoice. They made the colour and canned them for me. The cam covers are small enough that you can get away with using cans.

Ah righto, thanks mate, looks the goods

• Like 1

Yeah, and nowhere does it say what type of application it was, just that he did it himself . Could have used an air compressor and a gun so I was curious. Thanks for your useful reply though.

Sorry mate I had a douchebag moment this morning.

And…….it's in!

MotorIn_zps0afaa952.jpg

P1070415_zps16f3b58c.jpg

P1070434_zps874619f5.jpg

New Splitfires & Coilpack Harness. Stock Airbox with Snorkel (Blitz Filter)

image-13_zps77ad49c1.jpeg

P1070438_zps120019b4.jpg

P1070439_zps2f8d2b20.jpg

P1070435_zps26c8e944.jpg

Front brakes are on. Red calipers should match nicely with the road TE37's.

image-8_zps9b0a2e80.jpeg

Racepace 9L Extended Sump - Baffled With Trap door.

image-10_zps475208cd.jpeg

Replacement Transmission also in - OS Giken twin plate has been replaced with a new Nismo Coppermix Twin Plate Competition clutch.

Turn key was yesterday so am looking forward to going in this weekend for a geezer.

• Like 1

Nice one man!

It's gonna be epic!

When is Chris going to tune it?

The current front pipe might be a bit restrictive for the -9's so have opted for a full Racepace 3.5" Exhaust. Might take 3 weeks to be ready with final tune. He may let me take it with an "interim" tune while the exhaust is being made so I can get some more work done on it. (get rest of cage out, replace interior trim etc)

The current front pipe might be a bit restrictive for the -9's so have opted for a full Racepace 3.5" Exhaust. Might take 3 weeks to be ready with final tune. He may let me take it with an "interim" tune while the exhaust is being made so I can get some more work done on it. (get rest of cage out, replace interior trim etc)

I see!

Yeah, sound like a plan... Drive it on the "interim" exhaust to get the extra work done.

What power you aiming for again?

And…….it's in!

MotorIn_zps0afaa952.jpg

P1070415_zps16f3b58c.jpg

P1070434_zps874619f5.jpg

New Splitfires & Coilpack Harness. Stock Airbox with Snorkel (Blitz Filter)

image-13_zps77ad49c1.jpeg

P1070438_zps120019b4.jpg

P1070439_zps2f8d2b20.jpg

P1070435_zps26c8e944.jpg

Front brakes are on. Red calipers should match nicely with the road TE37's.

image-8_zps9b0a2e80.jpeg

Racepace 9L Extended Sump - Baffled With Trap door.

image-10_zps475208cd.jpeg

Replacement Transmission also in - OS Giken twin plate has been replaced with a new Nismo Coppermix Twin Plate Competition clutch.

Turn key was yesterday so am looking forward to going in this weekend for a geezer.

Very nice mate. Looks so very clean and super sexy with those engine covers painted.

There is just something about a freshly built engine sitting in place of the engine bay........just like pawn.

Cant wait to see more progress.

• Like 1

Well what can I say. Massive milestone yesterday. Instead of just going in to checkout the car, Chris told me I could pick it up on an "interim" tune while the new RPM Exhaust is fabricated. RPM really don't stuff around when they start work on something.

IMG_0355_zps81eff44f.jpg
Raised up & wheel alignment done to RPM specs. Chris tested it for me and it is actually a bit over 100mm now. Sweet.
IMG_0354_zps4186c6cd.jpg

After not driving it for 8 years, i've forgotten how small or rather snug these cars are.

R34 GTR Seats in, Cage Pulled Out.

IMG_0345_zps058d475d.jpg

Brakes - there is around 2cm measured gap between calliper and the 17" TE37's

IMG_0343_zps9670de22.jpg

Note this tune is just a temporary tune done so I can drive it around to get some work done on the interior etc.

Boost is set to 15PSI with timing pulled, standard front pipe only with old cat back exhaust.

*This is what RPM call an "Interim Tune"

IMG_0353_zps6e804c31.jpg
*Interim Tune Only*