SAU Community

R32 Gtr Flywheel Step Down

94R32GTRu

Does anyone know if the standard GTR flywheels is supposed to have a step in it (as opposed to being completely flat)? I put a new NPC clutch in my GTR last year and the engagement point is very high (at the top of the pedal travel). I seem to remember before I got it machined it had a step in it just outside where the friction plate sits, but the shop machined it flat. I've tried to find what the standard step is in the GTR service manuals, but no luck. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers, Josh

IIRC the aftermarket flywheel i bought (after getting rid of a twin plate) was pretty much flat. Also i think if there's extra meet where the clutch plate sits (ie the pressure plate is slightly recessed, it would make the take up point higher if anything. Is the throw out bearing pressed all the way onto the carrier?

Seems weird that there's no change with the adjustment. That doesn't sound right.

when I said step I meant the centre section, where the friction plate sits, is raised, not lowered. throw out bearing should be in fine. clicked in without problem when installing it. and when adjusting the pedal it does move the friction point but the problem is more that the friction point is outside of the "sprung" section of travel. every manual car I've driven the friction point is about in the middle of the sprung section, not where your foot is almost off the pedal like mine is... if that all makes sense

when I said step I meant the centre section, where the friction plate sits, is raised, not lowered.

Yep that's what i was trying to say.

throw out bearing should be in fine. clicked in without problem when installing it. and when adjusting the pedal it does move the friction point but the problem is more that the friction point is outside of the "sprung" section of travel. every manual car I've driven the friction point is about in the middle of the sprung section, not where your foot is almost off the pedal like mine is... if that all makes sense

Oh you're a pull clutch - i'm not really familiar with those.