SAU Community

Garage 101

Hattori Hanzo 69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My experience with them was terrible will never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Probably follow that up with an explanation?

I've had mixed experiences with Garage 101. Danny last tuned my car and he was great, working on it until 10pm to get it finished and then texting me to let me know how it went. Wrote a list of things he thought could be holding me back, decent price, and the car hasn't missed a beat since the tune. So I would definitely recommend using Danny as a tuner.

BUT, a mate of mine just had his EP3 Type-R in there for some mechanical work; including fitting a flex-joint in the exhaust, a high-flow cat, and a cold air intake. They charged him $300 to look at the exhaust and say the flex joint and cat could not be fitted, and $600 to make a 'cold-air intake' that was just a 90 degree stainless steel pipe which positioned the pod in the hottest part of the engine bay. When he picked the car up they then had the gall to tell him that his car would benefit from having a cold-air intake made up... Oh, and all this took 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

wow funny this thread should pop up tonight

just picked my car up from Danny (at 10:30pm) as i need it for scruitineering for racewars tommorow

car f**king hammers, tune seems nice and smooth

366whp @ 17psi

cost under what i thought it would after all the issues he had with getting it to run right TPS was f**ked as was the air inlet temp probe.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

been here a few times myself.

basically if Danny is tuning or you are having an engine build done, then some good work can come out.

Otherwise, several very bad experiences for me too. This was a few years ago tho and iv kept away since...

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Nistune (R33 S1) tune done by Danny and was also very happy with the work done. He was having trouble getting the Nistune to hold the tune but managed to sort it out. This was late in the evening and they were under the pump getting through the backlog of cars getting ready for Powercruise. I was pretty happy with the effort Danny put in, especially seeing my car isn't anything special, and I imagine less interesting for them in comparison to some of the other cars they were working on.

After comments above I might think twice about getting any fabrication / installation work done though...

has anybody been to them recently since they moved to obsbourne park?

im wondering if he has more staff and support now as well as better premises. the Welshpool one was like a dogs breakfast both in the office as well as the workshop...

A mate went there a month or 2 ago to have a pair of front seats fitted. I gave him a lift to pick the car up and upon arrival he was ignored at first then copped a fair amount of whinging and moaning from Danny because the rails needed to be modified...piss poor I thought especially for a first time customer.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this and had to chime in.

Imports 101 are the only garage that I will tell everyone to stay clear of.

I tried to import a car through them-they blocked my access to their seller and sent me only 1-2 cars to view/week -I bought locally and got a refund MINUS their expenses.

I brought my car to them to fit a new speedo cable, they charged me for parts and 4hrs labor and then told me they hadn't done it yet!? Said they ordered parts and the wait will be 2 weeks, 4 weeks later and no word, I asked for my money back and he (d1ckhead Danny) told me to fu## off. During the time they had my car they cut the wiring for my reverse lights and didn't repair it.

They worked on my friends 32 snapped his speedo cable while installing a clutch, they didn't tell him and he walked back in and they said sure no worries and charged him to fit a 2nd cable they just happened to have lying around.

A big quantity of The 'customer imported cars' they use as display examples on their site are bs, I asked him a while back because I saw they had increased the imported prices of their evos by 10k on all their adds including their old ones and his reply was 'yeah, the yen costs more now blah blah blah fluctuation' how does fluctuation come into play regarding examples of already 'supposedly' imported and sold cars?

I've heard so many horror stories from that shop, my advice, stay the fk away from them and also high tech cylinder heads.

-go to Ovaboost, there's a reason why there is a wait period to get in.

Is Ovaboost under relatively new management or has it always been the same people running it?

Just curious because there was an R32 GTR for sale a while ago on Gumtree (maybe a year ago?) that was supposedly owned by the guy that owns Ovaboost - "seller's other items" included an 'automotive workshop business' :P

PS

I don't know anything about Ovaboost and have never been there.

• 4 weeks later...

From what I heard from mate that still goes to Ovaboost, Mick still owns it but he doesnt work on the car anymore, these days the apprentices do most of the day to day work, mick just oversees the operation

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm considering having the engine in the wagon rebuilt. It's been using a bit of oil and smoking a bit so I think the rings are kaput. Who would you recommend for an engine rebuild? I get my services done by Hyperdrive so thought I might get them to do it unless there's someone better out there.

• 1 month later...

This type of thread really annoys me. All you get is one side of a story. My side of my story is that Danny and his team has done a fantastic job on my car, Some of the fabrication and development work has been simply world class. Any of you who know my car will know this is not bs.

Some of this work has taken time. You cannot do this type of work at the drop of a hat. I have seen some people come to the shop, expect instant service (when others are clearly there before them), expect instant solutions to complex issues and whinge and moan when it a) takes time and b) requires more parts and money then they were willing to allow or admit.

We are dealing with highly tuned, complex cars. You don't get instant solutions for the price of a service on a falcadore. If you have unrealistic expectations, you won't be happy and you will blame others.

I vote with my feet and my wallet. Danny is still looking after my car after importing it for me in 2007, stock as a rock. He will continue to look after it and I would not let anyone else touch it - particularly some of the other shops in Perth!

Cheers.

Never used 101 but from my experience the workshop is only as good as the person that does the work on your car , if you have different people working on it teach time then obviously the final outcome each time could change , that is why the same person services and tunes my car each time and we only use genuine nissan or quality jap parts.

• 1 month later...

I'm from Ballarat vic, I imported a car through imports101 years ago, the only issue I had was with the compliance here in vic, 101's service was great. Even being interstate, anytime I needed advice he was always happy to point me in the right direction. I had an engine built here in Ballarat that I put a lot of money into and got shafted hard with an engine that was put together with less care than throwing the parts at the block. The workshop here was having trouble tuning the power fc with the z32 afm's fitted, not long later the mechanic jumped ship and didn't reply to any texts or calls.

I sent my car over to WA to 101 to be finished off, tuning and an assortment of other jobs, they tuned it without any hassle other than it was gutless for what it was, something that concerned the both of us, I asked him to pull the motor out, check over it and fit a 101 fabricated extended sump, it was then we saw just how bad the engine was put together.

I decided to have the entire car overhauled, they built a mental 2.8, fitted a new computer and cleaned everything up, besides doing what I asked there was also a lot of things they did to go above and beyond, lots of great Ideas we mentioned and I now have a nuts gtr that doesn't skip a beat, starts no worries, runs great and puts everything in my area to shame.

Did it cost a lot - yes. did it take time - yes. Even now its back we stay in contact, he keeps me updated on the latest developments and anything I need advice with he's happy to help.

Not everyone is going to be happy all the time, there were so many customers when I was over there for powercruise last year that turned up to the shop wanting something done, straight away, and got shitty when it wasn't there ready when they wanted because most of those cases there was a lot more work needed than a simple "fitting" or the classic "it just needs a quick retune" only to find half the sensors are stuffed, the cat has collapsed and the head gasket is blown, I was there for one of those.

I'm sorry for the guys that have had problems with them, I've had issues with workshops myself so I know the feeling, but 101 was second to none in my case.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• https://files.fm/u/nrm9zrpkjj
    • Admin delete if not allowed please, I just purchased an r32 GTST with a Gtr front bar , grill I assume bonnet? (maybe) I have 2 questions he told me it had an RB25det I’m new to the RB world, and this is the photo I have taken and also I noticed a piece near my suspension broken is this fixable , will update new photos tomorrow once I have lifted her up and removed the LHS wheel I want to know if there is ways around this , I didn’t notice anything as it drove with no knocks on the suspension or weird feeling    the car feels sluggish, and the rpm cluster literally goes to 3.5-4k rpm and when you put your foot down it dances around like the local girl on Canterbury road or Sefton playhouse the car sat for 8 years he said the oil was dropped and re done , I noticed the oil was very clean car starts no problems by all means it’s not a clean car it is a project but doesn’t need much, knowing me I will go overboard the colour is horrible car has 88k kms hardly driven needs a few things but it’ll be fun to build properly    so guys is this an rb20 or rb25 and what is this bracket called? Can it be fixed thanks 
    • found this on the forum , suggests I am in the range  ----------------------------- From the segmented (potentially incorrect) information I've found that;  Early R32: RB26000XXXX to RB26002XXXX  Mid R32: RB26003XXXX (V-Spec I RB26-03XXXXX - Reference Classic Register) Late R32: RB26004XXXX (V-Spec II RB26-042XXXX - RB26-045XXXX - Reference Classic Register) Early R33: RB26005XXXX Mid R33: RB26006XXXX (as per the engine in this R32 V-Spec II, which is what I'm concerned about from legitimacy perspective) Late R33:  RB26007XXXX Early R34 (2000+):  RB26008XXXX ----------------------  
    • Now as I understand it the engine numbers are sequential for the rb26.  EG stamped - RB26040100A is a 40,100 engine.    Now they made between 1988 and 1994 43,834 R32 GTR's  In 1994 they made 7,464 r32 gtr's.  So if you have a ~37,000++ number RB26 it's "safe" ish to assume its an 1994 motor and a long nose crank ?    The long nose crank being introduced somewhere in Feb of 1993. 
    • Try Christian from ITSROM. He should be able to help with a modified ECU. Itsrom | Facebook   or you can send him an email on itsrom AT outlook.com