SAU Community

Any Opinions On Japanese Motorsport?

wnted1

Hey guys just popped into Japanese Motorsport today to go look at some parts and had a chat to one of the guys there, they were pretty helpful with any questions i had and as i had to get my car serviced i enquired and they explained they also do servicing etc etc.

Guys seem pretty legit from what i gathered and told me a guy called Tyson does all their GTR service work think he used to work at tillbrooks, real good with the RB26 from what they say. Has anyone had any experience with JMS and getting car serviced?

I know there are other places, Boost Worx etc which i took my R34 to but they are out of my way as JMS is 5 mins drive from me, it would be more convinient.

Tyson is a wealth of knowledge I think he did his apprenticeship at Tilbrooks or something and pretty much worked exclusively on Skylines.

From what I know there is a new owner of JMS and they are working hard at improving the name from what it was...

I have spoken to Tyson on a few occasions and found him helpful and knowledgeable about most import engines... :)

Tyson is a wealth of knowledge I think he did his apprenticeship at Tilbrooks or something and pretty much worked exclusively on Skylines.

From what I know there is a new owner of JMS and they are working hard at improving the name from what it was...

I have spoken to Tyson on a few occasions and found him helpful and knowledgeable about most import engines... :)

Thanks mate, like i said the guys there seem like they are genuine in what they say and they spoke highly of Tyson as well, just needed a second opinion :)

Tyson's an absolute champ, built my 29 stroker always goes the extra mile, I won't let anyone else touch my motor.

Brady did his apprenticeship at Tilbrooks when my engine conversion was done. Don't remember a Tyson working at Tilbrooks

both were at tillbrooks, brady left jms a few years ago now and was working from home last i spoke to him (was a while ago though)

both very switched on with the RB

Thanks guys, looks like i will be taking my car there then :) always good to get a few opinions going to a workshop for the first time and there wasnt much coming up in search about JMS!

Had them replace my leaking turbo lines, thought it was gonna end up very exxy but they did it in 4 hours, replaced all the lines with braided ones, and even charged me less than i was quoted originally. Stayed and had a chat with them afterwards about injectors and tuning, top blokes and def know their stuff! Def recommended.

Also a mate of mine had them finish off his exhaust on his s15.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my 32gtr there at the moment. I did big end plus a few other parts are getting done. Tyson and Phil have been helping me with it all. I got recommended to see Tyson. I would recommend anyone to him and jms. They take the time to explain things and help you achieve the most working on a budget! Very happy!

So are they tuning there now?

Tuning is done by Simon at Morpowa, all servicing side is dome by jms.

I have my 32gtr there at the moment. I did big end plus a few other parts are getting done. Tyson and Phil have been helping me with it all. I got recommended to see Tyson. I would recommend anyone to him and jms. They take the time to explain things and help you achieve the most working on a budget! Very happy!

Yeah i saw your car there a couple times when i went in, i have the white 32 gtr, overall after all the work they have done im very happy with it and would reccomend this workshop. the guys are always happy to have a chat and Tyson does know his gtr's, found out the car i bought had a lot of issues but a few visits to jms and its all fixed. Will be using them as my regular service place from now.

good to hear JMS is still going strong I only trusted ben with my gtr and when he left i took my car to Manta Automotive - might have to revisit this Tyson fella tho :)

Called them the other day regarding coilovers. They were trying to sell me some hks and jic items. Not sure if they know but the hks coils are heaps heavy spring rates. :s

Not sure man, guess they are trying to get rid of stock they have, i just know from my experience witht he mechanical side of things they were really friendly and Tyson knew his stuff and looked after me but other than that :/ if your looking for some coilovers my cousin is selling some adjustable teins like new with the damper controller and all that if its for a R34, fair sure he didnt sell them with the car :rolleyes:

Said I'm using the car for street and want around 6 and 8k. You can't sell someone a hks coilover that is around 12,10k for the street. You will start cracking shit.

Depends what kind of coilovers they were, I had 10/10 HKS Hyper D's with progressive type springs... sounded like heavy rates for a r33 gtst, put them in, and found that daily driving they felt nice and soft, get in to tighter stuff and the harder you push, the more they stiffen up. Hands down the best set of coilovers I owned to date.

Called them the other day regarding coilovers. They were trying to sell me some hks and jic items. Not sure if they know but the hks coils are heaps heavy spring rates. :s

could be a different spring rate or something. you never know your luck in the big city.

what type of hks coilovers were they? they could be a progressive spring style.

• 2 years later...