SAU Community

Accumsump - Important Question Rb26 - Who Is Actually Running One?!

I run a canton check valve in my sandwich block (T'd in). I don't know what the 1 way is rated at for oil flow but now I'm curious. I run a tomei oil pump and see 3-9bar from cold/hot when driving/idling. According to other users this is normal but I also crank walked a 1200km old engine. So I wonder if this check valve has something to do with the higher pressure (alog with the tuner riding the clutch on start up, not starting with the clutch out)...

Clutch is a twin Carbonetic. Clutch parts were correct and the Only thing found missing was the brass pilot bushing. I did not do the build. I also had not started using the the accusump yet but the check valve was obviously in use.

Anyone have proof or numbers for actual flow of the canton? Compared to an earls even?

you do know that as flow goes dow pressure goes up. so that could explain your high pressure readings.

i dont have flow charts of the valve but you can visually see that its smaller internally then say a moroso one or anything else on the market. doing a quick google for canton check valve restrictions returns plenty of complaints from users. who interestingly enough ditch the check valve all together. i might end up doing this with mine. at the end of the day the oil pump itself is a check valve. oil cannot flow back through the pump

well not really.. your not going to have an air gap through the whole system. oil isnt compressible so it cant flow back or move back the length of your system due to the fact that again the oil pump cannot allow oil to flow backwards into the engine while running.

• 4 years later...
On 9/12/2013 at 10:55 PM, ZT-R said:

Would this be correct? Would it still draw oil if the thermostat was closed?
9732901841_fabd395aba_c.jpg

Hello all, can anyone confirm that the configuration pictured above works? I too have this sandwhich plate on my RB26, the 2 angled fittings go to the oil cooler, and I currently have the other 2 as oil temp and pressure. If possible, I’d remove one of the sensors and plumb in the accusump. Thanks

• 2 months later...