130kg x 10

167.5kg x 5

185kg x 2

90kg x 10

130kg x 10

170kg x 5

185kg x 1

180kg x 1

New 5 rep pb of 170kg - very happy with this! That's a 10kg increase in 2 weeks. Unfortunately, it taxed me for the second rep of 185kg, so left it at a single and dropped back to 180kg.

Will try to secure the 185kg x 2 after the 170kg reps next time.

• 3 months later...

90kg x 10

130kg x 10

170kg x 5

185kg x 1

180kg x 1

Been a while since I've been able to update this with an improvement!

Amidst holidays, a new job and a new gym, I caught a bad run of tonsilitis a while ago, which caused me to drop 4kg of bodyweight (if you thought I was skinny before, lol...) and instantly lose 10-15kg off all my lifts. Annoyingly, it has taken ages to recover the strength, let alone surpass it, despite how quickly I lost it in 2 weeks of no gym and not being able to eat. It's like my body ate its muscle :/

Anyway, I am back to doing what I love and touching on old PBs. My new gym has a shortage of small weights, which necessitated the stepping up of my warm up and working set weights by 10kg, so that I could get the damn things done with just 20s, instead of waiting around for someone to finish quarter squating 55kg. The consequence is some taxing up top, but overall I'm lifting more weight and as the working sets go up, so does the ability to lift more weight on the 1RM. So exciting times ahead for me assuming I don't get sick again or die.

100kg x 10

140kg x 9

187.5kg x 1

170kg x 3

160kg x 5

Finally pulled 200kg yesterday and it was on a texas power bar, not a texas deadlift bar, no belt either. Could be more in it with those, who knows. I almost shat a lung doing it but meh, its finally good to break through the barrier!

Edited by Mitcho_7

Finally pulled 200kg yesterday and it was on a texas power bar, not a texas deadlift bar. I almost shat a lung doing it but meh its finally good to break through the barrier!

Grats Mitch!

How long did it take to lock out?

Have you been trying the 200 for long?

First time attempting it yesterday.

It was fine off the floor, but once I get to my knees its always a grind. Im weaker in deads from 4" blocks so ive just been doing heaps of block pulls and pause deads to help try and rectify that

• 4 weeks later...

thanks leesh. Was with a Texas deadlift bar. They are on another level to use against a generic bar

My gym has Texas deadlift bars, they make my hands bleed lol

• 1 month later...