SAU Community

Timmy's R34 Gtt

Lol I remember u from NS.com, seems like u went the same :ph34r: :ph34r: "upgrade" :ph34r: :ph34r: route as me from Autech to GTT!

Haha I wasn't very active on ns.com, but I assume you read my tiny build thread on there if you had an Autech too. Can't say I regret the decision of upgrading to a GTT :P

Attended local 1/8th mile drags again yesterday. Borrowed semi slicks from a friend and was amazed at the difference. My new pb is 8.71 (half a second down on my previous). Nothing too eventful, will put a video compilation together later in the week and post that.

For the time being here is a video of me racing my dad in his VY SS. It has basic CAI and extractors/exhaust, 300rwhp. He didn't have any other wheels to put on so had to run with his 20" haha. Didn't have the greatest traction but it was good to have a couple of runs against him :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been lazy/working too much to put together the footage from the drag day, but bad news has struck.

Driving to work this morning and only a couple of minutes away **CLUNK** followed by what seems like a slight rattling noise. Jump out look under the car and oil is streaming out of the diff. I'm going to contact the company the fitted it for me and see what they think it is and whether or not I have a 'warranty' on their labour.

The 'crap' part is that I am going away on holidays for just over a month as of Friday and all my funds are tied up with that. The positive side is that I am headed to Perisher for a week and than going to Japan for 3 and a half weeks straight after. Making an appearance at Ebisu for a couple of weeks so that will be good. Might be my last fix of fun driving for a while it would seem.

• 5 weeks later...

Still in Japan so no updates for the GTT. I thought I would post a pic of my ride at Ebisu though :)

yu08.jpg

Not quite a Skyline but still a Nissan ;)

Whilst here I have been to a lot of awesome motoring related places including the Nismo Omori Factory, Mobara Twin Circuit, Nikko Circuit, multiple UpGarages and Autobacs stores, Daikoku Futo, driven around on multiple Initial D touge roads, watched some street drifting at a touge 2 hours from where I was staying (didn't get to bed until after the sun came up). I had never done a drift event but I have been driving at Ebisu for 2 weeks which has been a gret learning curve for me. I also watched D1GP Round 3 & 4, and am competing in the G1GP tomorrow, and then getting ready for the Summer Matsuri this weekend. All in all it has been a fun time so far, with more fun times to come :P

Also, here is a video of me my first day of taking on the famous 'Minami' track at Ebisu Circuit. This was just after a week of being at Ebisu :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back from Japan, so some updates in regards to the 34. Taking it to the workshop that fitted the diff on Monday to find out what the problem is, hopefully that gets sorted quickly (and cheaply) so I can take it for a drive, it's been over a month and I'm missing it :P

I went in on a group buy with a friend and purchased some AP Racing 660 brake fluid just before going to Japan. Also ordered some new Intima SR series brake pads yesterday. I have a couple of friends using these pads and they seem to be pretty good value for money. I am waiting to hear back from Paul at Street To Track so I can make payment on front and rear 24mm adjustable Whiteline swaybars and also some DBA 4000 series T3 slotted rotors. Can't wait to receive everything and get it all fitted. The swaybars should stiffen the car up a little bit and make it handle a bit nicer and the braking should definitely improve :)

Next on the list is looking into buying some BC BR coilovers after paying a few bills lol. This should be everything I want to do suspension wise for now.

I will finish with a couple more videos from my Japan trip.

Tandem run on School Course with Jordan Graham from Adelaide

This is the last run I had at Ebisu. As you can see, the car is in pretty bad shape. I may have hit the wall on Minami during G1GP practice :P

My back right tyre was almost gone so I went backwards on School course to try and make it last a little longer. Once I felt it start to strip I went full Aussie and just did a burnout to finish the tyres off before packing up and selling the car back to Powervehicles. I was also asked to take a local Japanese guy (no English) for a passenger ride who loved it.

Edited by timmy_89

Well unfortunately I couldn't buy one cheap enough there so the 180SX had to do :P

I can't wait to get the diff sorted and fit the new parts though :D

Keen to hear your thoughts on the new mods :yes:

Been long time lurker of your thread man.

Car looks good and sick gopro

Thanks man :)

Had the car towed to the diff shop on Monday, still waiting to hear back though. Car just made it on the truck without scraping so it's a good height :P

gwuz.jpg

Got notification from Paul (Street To Track) that he was organising all the parts, then yesterday got an email saying that Whiteline made a mistake and don't have the swaybars in stock, and won't until the end of September :( . He is refunding the money for the swaybars and I am going to see if I can find them on a stores shelves somewhere. The rotors should be sent today though he said.

I also received the brake pads in the mail the other day, and ordered BC BR coilovers from JustJap.

I also got new rims for my other 'car'. Needs a slight flare at the rear but otherwise a good fitment :P

7cku.jpg

So I now have an answer about the diff.

Apparently there are 2 different bolts that fit the crown wheel. There is a 13mm (newer models) and a 12mm (older models, still has a 13mm top and tappers down). Looks like the kit I bought came with the 12mm variant bolts and the guys that fitted it didn't notice. As a result, one of the bolts has come out and put a hole in the housing. Luckily, it looks like there is no damage to the Nismo unit. They are sourcing a new housing for me now, should be back on the road next week I guess.

Timmy make sure to check repco, autobarn, supercheap etc for teh whiteline sway bars. or, even, give a call to insterstate suspension shops!

as for your RC car, looks great! I have one from many years ago, TT-01D (i think???) which as a teenager my dad bought for me but i lacked the money to buy mods...and so it's been sitting in the garage for a fair while (HAHAHA while my actual car sits outside) - i gotta get that back into shape one day. Got an STI 05 shell sitting in the living room, for years...waiting to be cut and painted. What tool do you use to cut the shell?

My local Autobarn, Supercheap, etc wouldn't have a hope in stocking that sort of thing. Welcome to 'rural' NSW :P . I managed to pick up the front swaybar on eBay, hopefully that gets delivered soon. There are a couple of rear swaybars on there but they are a bit overpriced, I may end up going for them if I can't source one elsewhere sometime soon.

You are correct about the RC car it's the TT-01D. I have owned it for probably 3ish years now, used for about 6months then sat in the cupboard until about a month ago when a friend of mine got one as well and he uses his a lot so it encourages me to get mine out haha. The wheels are the first thing I have done to it, I also got another set for it. One of the wheels in the above picture has already been cracked :(

Haha yea, I do that too, but they cost more :P

I was using it in a car park and thought it would be fun to try and 'wall tap' the gutter as I was getting bored. After a couple of attempts I hit it a bit hard. Haha

So I now have the 34 back. The workshop was really good about the whole situation and I didn't pay a cent in getting it fixed. Thy even used their own oil so that I can replace it with mine after 1000kms. Driving it was weird, after driving the 180 at Ebisu, it felt heavy, unresponsive, too grippy and too quiet. Haha. First world problems lol :P

I have now received the BC BR coilovers, the DBA 4000 series T3 slotted front rotors, the Intima SR pads and HEL braided brake lines. I already had the AP Racing 660 brake fluid. So this weekend will be fun :)

ezzb.jpg

I also got the front Whiteline 24mm adjustable swaybar today, but I am waiting until the rear one gets delivered before fitting them. I want to fit them both together, but I also want to drive the car with the coilovers before fitting the swaybars just so I can feel the difference that the different mods make.

So yesterday I got to fitting everything with the help of a friend. All brake stuff is done, as well as the coilovers. We put the coilovers in at the height they were in the box and were going to adjust after the car had been put on the ground to see how it was sitting, and it was exactly (well within 1-2mm on each corner) the same height it was with the springs haha. I will let it settle and maybe adjust the rear to be a tiny bit lower but want to keep the front at the same height for now.

Results, the coilovers have made the car firmer, reducing a lot of the 'boatiness' that I am sure was a result of the super old shocks. It isn't rough though, I have the damper set to 12 at the front and 15 at the rear and will maybe adjust a little after time, I will just see how that goes for now. In regards to the braking, I am amazed. The car brakes extremely quickly and is a lot more touchier. Just touching the brake pedal down 1cm feels very responsive in the braking.

Overall very happy. Tossing up now whether I should have bought rear rotors as well, so this may be something I do sometime soon. Swaybars will be fitted as soon as the rear one turns up and I have a day off. Pics will be posted soon :)