SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

6 hours ago, acesofspades31 said:

Hey Pete_Repeat,
I finally got the mirabox installed. However, I am faced with the following challenges :

1. I can mirror screen and screen only... For some reason, my audio isn't mirroring... I think that's because of some sort of limitations of my mirabox may be? Not too sure. My box has WiFi mirroring. May be there's no audio via WiFi? Did you come across something of this sort?

2. Parking brake mod emoji20.png. I've looked through the entire thread and I found its just grounding a cable. But will definitely look extensively on it. Any tips on this?

I think all screen mirroring uses wifi, and mine has no problems at all. As in never drops out or anything. Do you have a 5.1 digital or 2 channel switch on the box? Maybe it's not outputting from the rca audio plugs? 

My Audio streams fine with the screen of the phone turnes off as well (so less battery and drain on the phone with just audio streaming). You will still want a charger though I believe. The screen mirroring I use a lot for navigation. I bought a great little media Bluetooth controller as well.

The grounding is simple yes.. But I think a small amount of dash removal is needed. From what I read it's not too invasive.

Also, I used a ground isolation/filter for the picture and it cleared the image up from any sign of fuzzy. 

I know the list is expanding, but I could find the exact thing I bought if you want. I bought it from jaycar. Pretty sure it was for the video ground (rather than the power of the box) buy can't remember as it all hides away.

30 minutes ago, Pete_Repeat said:

The grounding is simple yes.. But I think a small amount of dash removal is needed. From what I read it's not too invasive.

I'd love to know how to do this... I had done a little research a while ago and thought it was a complex process with a defeat device needing to be fitted (for a 2009 J50 at least)

Cheers - N

34 minutes ago, talkiet said:

I'd love to know how to do this... I had done a little research a while ago and thought it was a complex process with a defeat device needing to be fitted (for a 2009 J50 at least)

Cheers - N

I haven't done it as mine was already done, but I believe it is setup to the handbrake sensor that grounds a certain cable/wire on the head unit. So if that is permanently grounded then video keeps working. 

I do stress I haven't done this myself as it was already on be on my car, but I did do some research before I bought the car and think I read something like that (and t is also quite typical for aftermarket head units to also do this)

Edit: as talkiet mentioned, it may also include a module for the speed sensing as well hmm. I suggest looking at g37 google searches rather than limiting to v36 as it returns more info and think they are similar enough to share most  info.. 

Edited by Pete_Repeat

• 1 month later...

I see on AliExpress there are a couple of vendors offering an Android 7 inch navi unit which they describe as "Android 6.0 Car PC Tablet 2din Universal For Nissan GPS Navi Radio Stereo Audio Player (No DVD)" and other similar descriptions.

The few I have looked at appear to have the same inputs and outputs as the unit in my 370GT, has anybody tried a full replacement with something like this?

Is this a viable option for getting usable GPS with NZ maps?

I'm not totally dissatisfied with what I have, google translate lets me go thru the settings and get USB music and blutooth phone working, and I haven't needed GPS to find my way around NZ before, but I am just wondering if a fully usable Android interface is only a few hundred dollars away.

• Like 1

V35 this would fit, with the usual Metra surround and replacement HVAC controls, but in the V36 it is a lot harder.

There is a Metra kit for the G37, however I believe it is G37 specific, so does not work with V36, and is also for non nav G37, and non-nav is pretty rare for V36s...

This kit...

If it was straightforward, I reckon I would have done it about 3 years ago.. But then again, I have a Bose and so bet it is even harder.... :3_grin:

Edited by nickcorr
Added URL to Metra Kit

So electronically it should be ok, but mounting and fitting it in may be a problem?

My layout is a little different than the Infinity G37,  I'm hoping I can fit in a 7 inch touch screen in place of the existing one, keeping the disk player etc.

Not sure about the nav buttons below the screen.  Some of the Android units I have looked at have a mapping feature for steering wheel controls, so maybe other buttons can be re-purposed too.

DBA-CKV36_dash.jpg

26 minutes ago, LesF said:

So electronically it should be ok, but mounting and fitting it in may be a problem?

My layout is a little different than the Infinity G37,  I'm hoping I can fit in a 7 inch touch screen in place of the existing one, keeping the disk player etc.

Not sure about the nav buttons below the screen.  Some of the Android units I have looked at have a mapping feature for steering wheel controls, so maybe other buttons can be re-purposed too.

Actually, it's electronically where you're going to run into the majority of problems. If you're hoping to continue using all the other features you're currently enjoying on your display, such as the camera(s), maintenance screens, Bluetooth (phone and audio screens), then the integration of the Android kit becomes questionable. I have no interest in the device you're referring to, so forgive me for not caring enough to do the research myself but just be aware that the only thing you'll be able to take out without affecting your AC and even your instrument cluster, will be the LCD touchscreen currently in there. The headunit sitting directly behind the button panel (double-DIN size) needs to remain intact and in service. If the Android kit can take over all major duties, including the bluetooth phone connectivity, then you may have a reasonable solution on your hands.

All that said, I don't trust Chinese engineering. They're clever at reverse engineering but not so clever at forward engineering. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...