SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

not worth the headache trust me.

Can you elaborate? Because it's totally sounding worth the headache LOL!

From the photos on carsales showing the Nissan menu, it looks integrated into the current screen. Which is what everyone wants.

I used that unit in several cars. After it rebooted several times often in Chinese and often with the unit freezing up I decided it was not worth the hassle and went with garmin.

Sure it looks good on the screen but when you look deeper at it and not based on cost like most of you tend to do its really not all its cracked up to be for the $700 + you are asked to pay.

Unit is made by Kllen . Toos tht into alibab or global sources. It should net a few results.

Any idea how they're able to integrate the cheapo unit into the bose/nav dsplay/touch? Seems like the answer all of us unlucky(?) owners have been searching for.

And if simply buying a better quality unit is panadol to the headache then I feel (being a noob) that I'm missing a very big point as to why it's not commonly done?

Anywho, a gps on the default touch screen on the bose/navi looks doable, probably would want to pay extra for a decent unit though.

If you're in Sydney, here's the guys who do it.

http://www.internationalmotorgroup.com.au/

I had hoped to get info from them on HOW it's done (so I could integrate a dedicated android phone/tab that would shit on everything anyones doing anywhere LOL!) but alas, no dice from anyone.

already done android and i device on one. getting video on the screen in any decent resolution is a bitch.

locking out the social media apps is what stops me from making a public release. As for getting anyone to tell you how to do it inc myself , not likely. this is my income and I tell very few people what I do and how I do it.

the company you mention in Sydney DOES outsource this. I know who does it.

Yeh you don't need to explain, was simply hoping for a bit of sympathy being in Adelaide.

Finding a custom blank rom for almost any android device isn't difficult, and takes 10mins max to do. Esp Samsung if you decided to use phone/tab mobos.

Why would you lock the apps out? Driving distractions? If you went a gps board with no sim then there'd be no data to update social media without wifi at your house.

You can also find simple dash replacements.

so chris if people were prepared to pay the 2k$ ish price AUS version maps of somesort could be intergrated successfuly on the v36 nav optioned model ? im following the thread from the comments so if im missing the point here im sorry.

Any idea how they're able to integrate the cheapo unit into the bose/nav dsplay/touch? Seems like the answer all of us unlucky(?) owners have been searching for.

And if simply buying a better quality unit is panadol to the headache then I feel (being a noob) that I'm missing a very big point as to why it's not commonly done?

yes. that said every call I get I get told its too much and I want the rest of the system in english for that price. part of the reason I got annoyed with the whole thing and simply said no.

I have done a few of these and a couple of Jap R35s as well. anything is possible if you throw enough money at it,

put it this way - $10k in parts will net you a 'local' G37. I know what to swap,part numbers and what needs to change for the system to work. to date no one has fronted up and said do it..

• Like 1

Well for 2grand I think that's pretty reasonable for the sat nav to be operational , everything else isn't really needed considering we have managed using the translation guides from this site.

I have a prototype sitting here with a garmin on it already that a local Qld person is going to trial for me.

its done just needs testing.

• Like 1

Thats my setup. Haven't got it working exactly the way I want but only because the Samsung SGS2 that i am using is not the best option.

Dude I saw that vid a while ago, were you one of the lucky ones to get their Mimmix?

Same board I used with the I device install. I punched it directly into the screen though and not via the TV aux.

Bit of fiddling but doable.

My Latest version yanks all the data off the bus and drives the screen that way. So no splitting of the screen as it is all done behind the screen.

Dude I saw that vid a while ago, were you one of the lucky ones to get their Mimmix?

Thats correct. It seems like a lot of people got screwed over but I got mine and got a heap of help from the developer to make it work. With a newer phone it would be the perfect solution. Unfortunately the SGS2 kills its own GPS signal when you use video out :( Now i really just use it for music but the potential is huge. OBD2 gauges, google searches, youtube videos basically anything that your phone can do.

had this one for 3-4 months now. setup wasnt too bad but for the average punter I feel it would be over their head.

I device with display out on it and I had no issue. facebooking whilst in motion is the key issue.

Thats correct. It seems like a lot of people got screwed over but I got mine and got a heap of help from the developer to make it work. With a newer phone it would be the perfect solution. Unfortunately the SGS2 kills its own GPS signal when you use video out :( Now i really just use it for music but the potential is huge. OBD2 gauges, google searches, youtube videos basically anything that your phone can do.

Only problem with a newer phone is having to power a MHL converter for the rca.

I bought a second Galaxy S3 with that intent. Could never get any information on another board similar to Mimmics. I even made a phone dock combining the ash tray and a official Samsung gs3 dock with the MHL converter under it.

Looked slick, would have been perfect. Open the ash tray door, slot your S3 in and BOOM it's on the touch screen integrated.