SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

You cant, He all ready has someone in Sydney doing the conversions for him. He was just trying to come up with a better solution that may be cheaper.

I was told its exspensive to set up the gear to do it. Hence why only Sydney do it. They have a bigger market.

Do you have the contact details of this persone in Sydney?

i'll try burning a dvd from scratch and see what happens

I have always been able to play dvd burnt from my computer on my car...and also never had problem with any originals that were region locked...

You cant, He all ready has someone in Sydney doing the conversions for him. He was just trying to come up with a better solution that may be cheaper.

I was told its exspensive to set up the gear to do it. Hence why only Sydney do it. They have a bigger market.

Yeah have you got contact details?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just called Nagoya and they quoted me a price equivalent to the market price for compliance at a compliance centre (and on top of that, wanted GST!)

I found another group that also do the conversions up in Brisbane (Platinum Vehicles). Will be getting in touch with these guys to find out.

Guys I called that guy who does the conversions, his name is Alex. He is waiting on parts that should arrive in June. Price is $2500 as state previously. I'm going to go ahead and do it. I

• 3 weeks later...

to every one that has PROBLEMS with the guys in sydney with the 2007-2010 swaps - I CANNOT FIX THEM!

please stop calling.

The person that did the work is the only one that can fix your issues so if that means a trip back to them then that is your answer.

the 2010 + is a radio swap. the importers are buying the units from local wrecks I am told and swapping them out.

I found an un-named person selling a 370GT in Auckland who said they are able to convert the built in Japanese system to English for $500. I rang and asked if it was able to be offered for existing vehicles and he said yes.

I asked a few more questions to see if they knew the complexities...

- Can you supply a DVD/CD for the upgrade or do you need the car? "We need the car, it involves using a laptop connected to the diagnostic port"

- What about maps? "Currently we don't have a solution for the maps"

- Do you have to replace any hardware or just a software upgrade? "It's just a software upgrade"

If I was in Auckland I'd be driving over there right now to watch them do the upgrade on their 370GT and then pay them to do mine. Anyone in Auckland interested in following this up? (I'm in Chch)

[Edit: Voice of person was clearly Russian and they are selling several cars on Trademe". I also forgot to ask if they have done any conversions on this exact model before and if so - making a video of the converted unit might get them some business!]

Cheers - N

Edited by talkiet

What's the PROBLEM?

the ones I am getting have location issues. it will start up with the car in the last location plotted and not where the car acutally is. the other was to do with the USB port and music playback. BT audio was a third.

• 2 weeks later...

Contact Nagoya Motors, they seem to exclusively have access to the guy who does the conversions and therefore not cheap

Hey mate with the english conversion in your car, are the buttons also swapped with an infiniti RHD version? Is your side camera still operational? As the infiniti's never had this option...cheers

Hey mate with the english conversion in your car, are the buttons also swapped with an infiniti RHD version? Is your side camera still operational? As the infiniti's never had this option...cheers

to my knowledge there are no button swaps that work, it came with english sticker overlays but it looked out of place when scrutinised to i just removed it and plan on just covering it up with vinyl wrap as i remember all the buttons or get it professionally etched on

side camera works 99%, except those weird occasions where it just comes up black but then i try again and it works, maybe im coming into a parking spot too quickly who knows