SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

So, I was quoted $1600NZD+gst to change my Skyline crossover (370GT) system across to english, with everything working (except TV - of course) and NZ maps. This is from a guy in Auckland that seems to know what he is speaking about but I'm unclear if it's a hardware and software swap, or if it's just a software hack.

If it's a true new unit (and they don't want the old unit as part exchange in that cost) then I'd consider it... If it's just software then I think it's a bit rich. (I would BTW pay probably up to $750, maybe a grand, if it was purely a software update).

I'll think about it for a few days first. $1600 is a lot of money that I could have a lot of fun with elsewhere :-)

Cheers - N

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update: My auto sparky let me down, so Chris Rogers stepped in (thanks Chris). After trying a straight swap where (as I remember) all the connections fitted, it wouldn't boot up/switch on. Everything fitted perfectly :-( So Chris has done some research and it appears that my kit is from a 2010 AU Infiniti and has a different bus speed to my 2009 370GT. So it won't work. The good news for all you guys with a 2010 model is...it's a straight swap. Thanks Chris for trying. And thanks for the number of the guy who have made me an offer to purchase the kit off me. As soon as I'm back home (working away right now) I'll call him. So gutted!!! Back to the drawing board and interested in any info on this software upgrade available. Thanks everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah - the auction links expire... He still has the car for sale and now has performed the conversion on the car and has included screenshots of the english language system, including a shot of part of the Nav!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-919852429.htm

This is the user link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=1498627

(username Gloria32)

english370gt1.jpg

english370gt2.jpg

english370gt3.jpg

• Like 1

Some time ago I spoke to a laser etching place in the Brisbane area the idea being to remove black paint on existing buttons (either sand it down or remove with acetone) spray black dash paint over the top of existing buttons then re-etch English words over the top in matching font. I Never got around to doing it to see how well it would turn out, but the place said indicated it would work quite well.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be maybe asking stupid questions, but I am thinking of buying one of these in the near future..

What exactly can you use on these systems as they roll of the boat???

I realise that all the buttons and menus are in japanese but can you even use the fm radio??

I have an 09 370gt sp and the FM works up to 89 which works on a couple of stations here in Cairns, also the TV tuner seems to pick up a station quite clearly but is audio only the picture is pure static. As far as bluetooth goes I have an old school nokia N900 that the car pairs up to very nicely.

• 5 weeks later...

You guys think this will work on JDM V36?

I love my v35 and the fact that i was able to put in an aftermarket stereo. Doesn't seem to be much aftermarket options for the V36 due to everything being integrated.

As usual, the switch gear looks horrible... But to be able to fit a modern double din head unit would be awesome...

However, I am guessing it won't play nice with JDM, especially when most of us have JDM OEM Nav... :rofl2:

Talk to Chris Rogers. I just fitted a fully functioning AU Infiniti system from the wreckers. Blu Tooth, USB, Sat Nav etc, etc. Also swapped out the dash cluster for English (2014 colours). SOrted. The car feels so much more that it did!!! Photos on his Facebook page. I think I may be the 1st in Aus to do this!!! :nyaanyaa:

• Like 1

Talk to Chris Rogers. I just fitted a fully functioning AU Infiniti system from the wreckers. Blu Tooth, USB, Sat Nav etc, etc. Also swapped out the dash cluster for English (2014 colours). SOrted. The car feels so much more that it did!!! Photos on his Facebook page. I think I may be the 1st in Aus to do this!!! :nyaanyaa:

Hi Space-Man, does the mirror camera still work with the AU infiniti system?