SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

There is a setting for metric in there. Use that and everything changes.

Hi Chris

I read somewhere in a Canadian forum that the setting in the US cluster preferences changes all to kph except the actual odometer. This continues to show miles (and I assume count up in miles). Is this true? e.g. I get we can flash eprom to make the odometer show current car kms but if it continues to count up in miles it will quickly become inaccurate.

Also a lesser but annoying item with US cluster is that kph is the inside ring and the outside larger lettering shows mph. I have not found anybody selling a new facia but this guy could be asked.

http://www.blackcatcustom.ca/infiniti_g35.htm

Edited by mybrains

Thanks guys, yes CDN seems the go. In my hunt I see both Nav and non Nav versions of the speedos. Whats the difference? I would have thought the cluster didnt have anything to display nav wise (but maybe it has something to do with providing the nav system with driving info?

I have a Nav car, but am currently seeing a non Nav CDN speedo. I wonder if it will work (or can be modded to work - maybe by transferring something from my existing JDM cluster?)

I'm quite interested in changing over my dash cluster screen to display in English too, but is there any reason we can't just change the actual screen components within our jap clusters???

Or are people just changing the whole cluster because it's near on impossible to find just the actual screen itself without buying a whole cluster?

BurtoN86,

inside is pretty integrated (screen to main PCB and externally to ECU) and I doubt the lcd swap alone would work but hell, give it a go and report back.

Also the facia on JDM models only goes to 180kph whereas Canadian goes to 260kph so a facia swap wont work by itself either. Its just much easier to swap the unit whole and be done.

I scored a Canadian FX35 08 cluster a will attempt to use it in a 2010 EX35... physically looks the same but no idea if it will swap. If not, anybody with a FX can contact me for a Eng 260kph speedo :)

Edited by mybrains

BurtoN86,

inside is pretty integrated (screen to main PCB and externally to ECU) and I doubt the lcd swap alone would work but hell, give it a go and report back.

Also the facia on JDM models only goes to 180kph whereas Canadian goes to 260kph so a facia swap wont work by itself either. Its just much easier to swap the unit whole and be done.

I scored a Canadian FX35 08 cluster a will attempt to use it in a 2010 EX35... physically looks the same but no idea if it will swap. If not, anybody with a FX can contact me for a Eng 260kph speedo :)

Dont think the FX series were ever sold in japan under the Nissan badge thus none out there with 180km/h cluster either imo...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, you're missing out on the most fun thing: learning to give voice commands in Japanese. Stinking hot day and saying "Air con ju-hachi do" gets a few laughs from the passengers. :P

I tried this today and had a good giggle. Got any more commands I can try? :D